Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kun-Lai Summit - Zone Preview

Kun-Lai Summit

Kun-Lai Summit is a new zone implemented on the island of Pandaria.

High atop the frigid northern peaks of the Kun-Lai Summit looms the Temple of the Tiger, an ancient training ground protected by an elite force of martial priests, along with the spirit of the White Tiger itself. Deeper into the mountains is the hideout of the Shado-pan: a mysterious order charged with protecting Pandaria from the dark things buried beneath its surface. When the isolated people of Kun-Lai Summit are threatened by marauders from the west and a Zandalari troll menace invading its northern shores, they turn to the Alliance and Horde for help.

• Shado-pan Monastery will be the dungeon of this zone. Located in Kun-Lai Summit, this mountain retreat serves as the home and training grounds of the mysterious Shado-pan Clan, a ninja-like pandaren faction dedicated to protecting Pandaria. Again, the Sha have been set free and threaten the Shado-pan's base of operations, and you’re tasked with dispatching them.

Artwork

MY soon to be new favorite zone. Absolutely love the Tibetan feel you get from it, while still preserving awesome tranquility. Sly Cooper China level anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralook View Post
    MY soon to be new favorite zone. Absolutely love the Tibetan feel you get from it, while still preserving awesome tranquility. Sly Cooper China level anyone?
    That was instantly the thing I thought of.
    Sly cooper ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    A giant white tiger spirit on Pandaria? Do I smell Ancients/Loa on Pandaria?

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    well there is a zandalari island off the coast of this zone...

Looks to be nice tesselation on that mountain in the artwork! I hope it translates to the actual game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    well there is a zandalari island off the coast of this zone...
    Who've just arrived on Pandaria at the same time as the Alliance and Horde.

In any case, I can't want to see the scenery for this zone. The artwork for this zone looks quite nice.

Who've just arrived on Pandaria at the same time as the Alliance and Horde.
    maybe now we now why, they werent occupying ZG to have tea with hakkar.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2012-01-11 at 04:48 AM. Reason: hkjhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    maybe now we now why, they werent occupying ZG to have tea with hakkar.
    Ah, I just assumed you were saying the Zandalari brought the Loa with them to Pandaria >.<.

Ah, I just assumed you were saying the Zandalari brought the Loa with them to Pandaria >.<.
    no, that they would be coming here either to try and bargain with the same entities the emporer did, or maybe the sha are also on the troll capital island or they have come here to steal the beasts of pandaria.
    which makes me think that they ridiculed the zul'drakki trolls for 'consuming there own gods' but how were they doing any different in zul'gurub?

i mean they cant just be there for resources if the horde AND alliance are there, lore says the horde alone beat them out of za and the alliance beat them out of zg, competing with both head on at the same time for resources? i dont see it. theyve got to be there for something more specific and i doubt its to make friends with an enemy that thought the highborne were 'abusing powers they werent mean to'

i love snow and the mountain wants me to go boarding QQ

the artwork realy shows all i like snow and mountains ! nuff said <3

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to become afraid MoP isn't going to focus on Ally VS Horde at all.

Outside of the opening part of Jade Forest I haven't really seen much at all about Ally VS Horde. More about Pandaren VS Local Menace.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm starting to become afraid MoP isn't going to focus on Ally VS Horde at all.

Outside of the opening part of Jade Forest I haven't really seen much at all about Ally VS Horde. More about Pandaren VS Local Menace.
    i think HvA is just the kickoff, the thing that stirs the shas whole 'finally!, after 10,000 years im free! its time to conquer azeroth!' schtik, and then maybe the sha get literally into the heads and bodies of both factions to stir it up again which maybe makes them strong enough to release their master/ hive mind or something.

inc black turtle, blue dragon, and red bird spirits

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    wasnt it Ox instead of turtle? or did i imagine that? i couldve sworn they mentioned something ox related.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Red Crane and Green Dragon, yes. But it is Black Ox actually (I know the ones you menctioned are part of the chinese/japanese/korean folklore).

I hate to be that guy and I know the lore isn't gonna change for little old me, but ... Trolls..

Jungle Dwelling,
    Spear-flingin,
    almost wiped out by MURLOCS TROLLS.

I could see something of a threat in their own tropical environment but all the way up in the Cold Mountaintops?
    And these "Shaolin" warrior monks can't defend their own land from these guys? Sounds like bad writing to me already.

But my seeing as how MoP is gonna be my last attempt at reviving any interest in this game I'll count off a few hopes/ideas to make it fly somehow for lore from my end.

1) I hope the give these would-be invaders an edge like lets say having the Trolls make a Dark pact with the Sha making them Super Voodoo with Dark Mountain Spirit Beast yada yada.

2) Seeing Iron Dwarves and Taunka look like they could survive the harsh Climate of the Cold Mountains. Zandalari Trolls have been mostly Jungle/Forest up to this point. I "hope" to see some new skins or some mutation that makes them look like they could rough it. If they are still wearing Jungle Crap on forget it.

3) This to me seems not like jumping the Shark but jumping the Whale Shark. The finale of Storm Peaks ended with the fate of the World being decided in Algalon's Chamber, What are TROLLs gonna do? Which brings me back to number One get Posessed by the Sha become El-Superbeasto and serve as the first example of how powerful the Corruption of the Sha really is.

4) Finally after number 3 happens, I never want to see them again. That is all.

Deleted
    Again, the Sha have been set free and threaten the Shado-pan's base of operations, and you’re tasked with dispatching them.
    Read: Kill 10 of said mob.
    Read: Kill 15 of said mob.
    Read: Collect 8 of items of said mob.
    Read: Kill leader of said mob.

^^

10+ Year Old Account
    This zone looks incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralook View Post
    The screenshot made me think of Uncharted 2 more :P