Deleted

Need Beginner Tips

Hello, I recently bought the annual pass because I wished to try Diablo 3. I have never played a Diablo game before, what tips could you give me that would help me when I start playing Diablo 3?
    Last edited by mmoc12eb253a60; 2012-01-12 at 05:30 PM.

Study mods on items, the unique thing about diablo loot is that a rare can easily be better than a unique or set item, even though the latter seems way shinier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishman View Post
    Hello, I recently bought the annual pass because I wished to try Diablo 3. I have never played a Diablo game before, what tips could you give me that would help me when I start playing Diablo 3?
    If you havent, you could pick up Torchlight on steam for a low price or Sacred 2.
    Both games are hack and slash games like diablo and would give you an idea what you are looking at.
    If you're willing to spend money you can always watch some old school videos from diablo 2.

The best advise I can give is always store your money and take plenty of potions with you, because you never know.

There is not much you need to know to start playing any Diablo game. Click on the monsters until they are dead. Pick up the stuff they drop. That's it, you will learn all the more "advanced" stuff on your own as you go deeper into the dungeons.

Besides, D3 will be completely newbie-friendly with lots of tooltip info, pop-up help, etc.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Thanks, i'll check out those games now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to go blindly into Diablo 3 myself. Will be trying the click until dead method.

Deleted
    i wouldn't recommend sacred 2, didn't find it to be a good game and neither did those of my friends who have tried it.

i would recommend Titanquest and its expansion TQ: immortal throne instead. its a great game both as a singleplayer and as a multiplayer.