Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I haven't been waiting for the game single second, and will not do it. I do not expect anything from it and when it's actually good I can pick it up and enjoy it more than you, because I will not be bogged down by disappointments.
    Life is not fair, but you can help yourself by managing it better.

So my suggestion is just - forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    My computer and connection are not crappy in any sense.

25/2 Dedicated Connection.

Asus Sabertooth x58.
    i7 950
    6Gigs KingstonHyperX Memory.
    HiS Radeon 5870HD
    Sata 3 500gig SSD
    850W Coolermaster Psu
    Antec 900 Case

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 08:40 PM ----------

My computer is awesome and the game ran fine till the last build came out.
    The PC should easily run it, the connection is a bit meh, but easily enough to play online games, so yes, you are correct. It could however, still be related to software and/or hardware issues. Much like only a few percent experience problems with the SWTOR client (framedrops, etc). Or, it could simply be the connection itself being the problem. Not your internet subscription, but rather the routing towards the servers. It's possible that somewhere on route, your packets are being dropped due to a faulty router/switch, resulting in fluctuating connection speeds and missing data, which appears on your screen as rubberbanding.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LastNightsLoad View Post
    Shit, i can't wait. I'm going to marathon the crap out of D3. Six pack of Monster, family size Munchies, massive supply of Depends. You know how we do.
    Gross
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslider View Post
    This damn wait is killing me.
    Now playing SWTOR. Hoping it will keep me busy 1-2 months...
    Ha! I was hoping the same thing... It held my attention for 2 weeks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who's played Blizzard games pre-WoW knows that this is how they do things. I've always happily waited patiently in a corner for years on end for new Blizzard releases, because their games are always the most polished available. I'd rather wait for what feels like a lifetime, and get a near-perfect game out of box, then have issues like what I hear is going on with SWTOR with lackluster combat responsiveness and the like. (Note: I haven't played SWTOR, and I'm not bashing it, I hear many many good things, but a common theory I see is that it simply doesn't feel as polished or responsive as WoW).

The key to being a good Blizzard fan is patience. If you give them time, they'll give you a game that you play for 10 years, not 10 months. I mean shit, the replayability (new word I made up) of Diablo 2 still exists, I find myself booting up the game from time to time just to do Baal runs.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

15+ Year Old Account
    There were no errors in the latest build that I saw. I played all the way through the "Congrats! You completed..." message. The game is very polished for the little bit that you can actually play. The only time an NPC stopped in a dungeon for me was when they had a pile of rubble fall in their path. This was easily remedied by walking closer to them for a second, then they went around. The same thing happens in virtually every other "teammate" style game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    It needs to break me free from WoW :P
    I feel you there man. I also gonna use D3 as an excuse to quit WoW.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    I just played for hours on the new beta build 8 and saw nothing of npc's stopping mid dungeon or any rubber band moving or nothing. Don't know what happened to you, if you just played while the servers were taking a beating or something.

I'll agree to people bitching impatience who don't understand this is how Blizzard works though.
    Yes, because you didn't notice those things in few hours it must mean that they don't exist. Because, like, every computer is exactly the same and if something doesn't happen to you it naturally can't happen to half of the others. There are ton more things that can cause such behavior for some others systems than just servers taking a beat, and Blizzard is fixing those things before release.

You did right by agreeing though.

I don't mind waiting, i just hate waiting for stupid reasons.
    i'm also pissed i'm not in the beta! 18 years of buying blizzard products and i've never gotten a key! /nerdrage.

okay, i feel better now.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    i'm also pissed i'm not in the beta! 18 years of buying blizzard products and i've never gotten a key! /nerdrage.

okay, i feel better now.
    You are not alone !! I feel your anger about the stupid BETAS. I was never in any beta of any Blizz game and expansion EVER

Deleted

okay, i feel better now.
    Yeah I know how you feel (although just 9 years of Blizzard games for me) I haven't got a single beta invite, whats worse is seeing people on Youtube in the beta who have not been playing WoW for years, didnt even buy Starcraft 2 and yet they are sat there testing Diablo 3.../sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Yeah I know how you feel (although just 9 years of Blizzard games for me) I haven't got a single beta invite, whats worse is seeing people on Youtube in the beta who have not been playing WoW for years, didnt even buy Starcraft 2 and yet they are sat there testing Diablo 3.../sadface
    yeah i see that all the time too, i'm convinced they do it on purpose. i have a friend who has not played wow since vanilla, and that is the last blizzard game he played. and he has received a woltlk / cata / sc2 and d3 beta key. He didn't even end up buying any of the games.

I think they do it because they know i'm going to buy D3 since i have preordered the special edition of every blizzard game for the past two decades. However he isn't as loyal... so the send him the beta to try to hook him into buying it! /tinfoil hat
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    yeah i see that all the time too, i'm convinced they do it on purpose. i have a friend who has not played wow since vanilla, and that is the last blizzard game he played. and he has received a woltlk / cata / sc2 and d3 beta key. He didn't even end up buying any of the games.

I think they do it because they know i'm going to buy D3 since i have preordered the special edition of every blizzard game for the past two decades. However he isn't as loyal... so the send him the beta to try to hook him into buying it! /tinfoil hat
    No need for a tinfoil hat I think this sounds quite plausible to be honest. Maybe Blizz gives Beta keys to your buddy because they want to convince him to play the games again or to return to WoW or something.

As I have said above I have never got any key in my 9 years of Blizz too.

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    Not that interested in Diablo 3 since they announced no offline play
    Yeah that was a bit of a let down for me. I would have liked a character to myself for offline, then the rest of my characters to play with someone else. I suppose that's okay though.

Did they give any reasoning why there's not going to be an offline mode?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    I feel you there man. I also gonna use D3 as an excuse to quit WoW.
    Not only you and Alcatraz I will gladly use D3 for qutting WoW once and for all GoGo Blizz realaze it NAO lol

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Did they give any reasoning why there's not going to be an offline mode?
    Not sure if there was an actual post about this, but according to the general consensus, the reason is to prevent hacking and cheating. Though if they made it like D2 where it's impossible to transfer characters between offline-mode and battle.net, who cares if your offline chars are hacked? Doesn't affect anyone but yourself.

Edit: the real reason might have more to do with the RMAH and the fact that you wouldn't be able to use it with offline chars.
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2012-01-16 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Not sure if there was an actual post about this, but according to the general consensus, the reason is to prevent hacking and cheating. Though if they made it like D2 where it's impossible to transfer characters between offline-mode and battle.net, who cares if your offline chars are hacked? Doesn't affect anyone but yourself.

Edit: the real reason might have more to do with the RMAH and the fact that you wouldn't be able to use it with offline chars.
    By keeping most of the information server side, they can prevent hacking and cheating online. If they wanted to make a single player game, a lot more of the information would have to be hosted on the public's computers, which would give people more access to do things like maphack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    By keeping most of the information server side, they can prevent hacking and cheating online. If they wanted to make a single player game, a lot more of the information would have to be hosted on the public's computers, which would give people more access to do things like maphack.
    That's true I guess. By giving hackers access to the offline mode they might reveal things that help them hack the online mode aswell.

I think I'm going to read the books while I wait.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?