Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Oh god I hope not, because if they were Mesmers, that means the game is a lie.

The Game is a Lie
    The Game is a Lie
    The Game is a Lie
    The Game is a Lie
    *goes to shop to buy box*

*box shatters in your hands, with lots of purple butterflies*

Le crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear they have over hyped and polished it the thief archetype does look fun but from what you see in the class videos to the beta on youtube is two different games. I guess its a wait and see policy but honestly im not expecting much at all im more excited about armored core 5 atm even though im going to have to fork out for a ps3 go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    As I've bolded you, why..?
    Because some people, like me, like to play a healer or a tank. That is why at first I was not really interested in Guild Wars 2. I am still skeptical will I enjoy the game longterm as I grow bored of mindless DPS very easily. Maybe it's not a huge downside to you but it is to many people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I've lost interest in this game. Mainly because they are taking forever to finish the game. It's been about 5 years since they first announced GW2. We still don't have a release date. Honestly, I've been waiting all those years for this game.. I just don't care about it anymore. By the time GW2 is released, there will be other games just as good or better.
    First, they have been developing the game for like 4 years currently, it's a huge game and take alot of polish to finish.

Saying that... i think this is a personal problem i see all too often. Seriously how can you lose interest in a game because you are sick of waiting for it? Also where is the logic in getting impatient? MMO's take a long time to finish, and this is a very ambitious one. Just chill out. Stop obsessing over it and it won't be so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Because some people, like me, like to play a healer or a tank. That is why at first I was not really interested in Guild Wars 2. I am still skeptical will I enjoy the game longterm as I grow bored of mindless DPS very easily. Maybe it's not a huge downside to you but it is to many people.
    You need to do more reading and watch more videos if you think that everything is mindless dps just because there is no holy trinity. It actually makes combat flow a lot differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Saying that... i think this is a personal problem i see all too often. Seriously how can you lose interest in a game because you are sick of waiting for it?
    Idd....I remember reading in PC Gamer yearssss before even Warcraft 3 came out that Blizz's next warcraft game would be some sort of 1st person questing game...they'd released even a few details then...and then a couple of years later Warcraft 3 came out...we then later started to here more about this 1st person game that had become an MMO which would be released. I'm sure a lot of people remember that the horde campaign in Warcraft 3 was designed as a kind of prelude to wow?
    Well....Eyes of the North. GW Beyond...

These great games take YEARS to develop properly. Just thank god they're not rushing it and chill.

This is perhaps the funniest thread title to be posted in MMO champion history.

When GW2 comes out, the OP will be first in line at his local Walmart.

Deleted
    they're gonna wait until the SWTOR hype has dialed down and then release gw2. when their hype has dialed down too WoW:MoP will come out and reclaim its mmo-throne.
    its so obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    they're gonna wait until the SWTOR hype has dialed down and then release gw2. when their hype has dialed down too WoW:MoP will come out and reclaim its mmo-throne.
    its so obvious
    Nonesense. By this logic GW2 would have rushed release before SWTOR.

I guess you hate Blizzard if you can't stand waiting for games... Starcraft 2? Still unreleased Diablo 3? Good things come to those who wait. I guess it helps that I spent so many nail biting years for Half-Life 2 that I can wait for anything now lol.

Besides the fact this isn't mindless DPS, I can see where you're coming from and I feel that only because the game doesn't contain the trinity people wouldn't buy the game at all, but who am I to judge right?

10+ Year Old Account
    i really wish that people would stop being so myopic in their view of healing roles as they apply to GW2. in most games as a healer you are reactive support, meaning you patch people up after they take damage. in GW2 the shift is more towards proactive and engaging support, meaning you do things to prevent damage from even occurring in the first place. healing in most traditional MMOs is just an overemphasized part of support as it is rather brainless to implement for the devs (when i used to raid in WoW i was just spam healed as the MT. no thought went into it, you just clicked on my name and spam healed me, then asked a druid for innervate at every cooldown, so you could continue to spam heal....how engaging). healing is not the end all and be all of support, and the quicker people realize that the more they can actually have fun in GW2.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Be patient is all I can say. I'm considering getting SWTOR for the gap.

I haven't lost interest. I'm still waiting for the info drop on the World V World system. That is what ultimately will be the deciding factor on whether I buy it or not.

Deleted
    Well, the lack of trinity doesn't mean that everyone is just pure DPS...it means that everyone does a bit of everything.

You tank for 30 seconds whilst your teammates set something up...then you back out over their healing AOE that also cripples the monster. Your team mate rushes in and tanks for 30 while you throw a wall up that pens some adds off safely...then you lay an environmental spell down so that the team can fire through it and set fire to those penned off adds...another team mate starts tanking while you lay a healing aoe down...you throw a bubble around your team and then run in to the middle of the adds while the mesmer rushes the main and confuses it with illusions. The rogue, who was tanking pulls back and rebuffs the team then shadowsteps and starts stabbing while the elementalist starts tanking......etc etc etc.

Looks like we have another Starcraft: Ghost on our hands

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by geremed View Post
    Looks like we have another Starcraft: Ghost on our hands
    Really? Care to explain why you think so?

There are no real skill rotations in GW2 either. The combat experience is quite different from the roll die system of Warcraft in which rotations are optimized to take advantage of short WoO mechanics.

In a sense, it's not so big a deal that there is no Trinity class system in GW2. It's a bigger deal that the combat dynamics break so sharply from hotkey MMOs currently.

I understand your POV, I enjoy tanking personally. But I enjoy tanking in games where that is a necessary part of the dynamic. Change the dynamic from the norm and we change the parameters for what being defensive (support-y) can do.

i hardly see how GW2 can turn into some "mindless DPS" whack-a-mole game when you have to keep your eye on your energy to dodge at appropriate times or use your healing abilities to keep yourself up while at the same time positionning yourself properly in order to minimize incoming damage (that includes kiting too).

and while i like making healer chars in every game i can, playing a game where you don't have to keep every idiot around alive to succeed isn't all that bad from time to time.

Arena Net announced it so early because they needed something to tell the guild wars 1 fans why they would not be doing anymore campaigns.