Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    The ignorance, willful at that, in this thread is pretty nauseating tbqh. I can understand looking into something first to find out details and THEN saying you aren't interested, but from some of these posts you can tell some of them haven't even seen a screenshot and are turning it down. It's craziness!
    Writing a game off before it have been released is hardly amusing any more, but seem to be more and more common. Then again haters will hate. Im a wow player myself since start and im not looking to pick a fight with other wow players, but some just seem hellbent that wow is/was and forever will be the greatest game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    There is no ignorance here lady, and it doesn't matter where this was posted, all games get dull and boring after XXXX time it's fact.
    Agree but if can get me to play for 6 years, just like wow.
    I am well pleased
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

I didnt like guild wars 1 for some reasons and mostly cause of the click to move shit.We will see what guild wars 2 can bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I didnt like guild wars 1 for some reasons and mostly cause of the click to move shit.We will see what guild wars 2 can bring.
    You can move in GW1 just as you can in any other game (WASD M1&2). You must have selected the click to move option, because it's not activated by default when you get the game. The only time you move by clicking is when you click on an NPC, enemy, or other selectable objects. Which can be circumvented by simply walking up to them manually.

GW2 will be no different, and if you want to see what the game can bring, then read the stickies here, on GW2G (guildwars2guru.com), read ANet blog posts, and look up youtube videos. There's a ton of knowledge out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems relevant

lol mif, hilarious strip. irl lol XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I *really* like the 'pay once' model of Guildwars & Diablo... but I didn't end up liking Guild Wars 1, and I don't expect the game to be fundamentally changed to suddenly make me love Guild Wars 2.
    If the thing stopping you from checking out GW2 is GW1 then I suggest you still look at GW2. they are similar only in lore and name pretty much. And to some even classed as different genres of games (some people at Arenanet didn't feel like Gw1 could be called a MMORPG).

OT: People have different ideals and views that's why! Seriously GW2 fanboys annoy me as much as WoW haters and really the amount of OMG GW2 WILL BE SO AWESOME ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST EVERRRRRR!! I'm looking forward to GW2 as much as the next person but seriously people don't count your chickens til they hatch and presume its going to be the game that kills WoW and revolutionize the MMORPG genre as we know it, might it? who knows if it does cool, if not oh well hopefully I'll still enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    ive not tried it myself tough, but ive seen screenshots and informatie on the spells/classes etc.

looks to much like wow, just in another dress... cant wait for diablo III tough
    If all you do is look at still screens and spell lists, how could it possibly look different from WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    I mean what the feck? Half of my friends r like meh i´ll stick to WoW even when I said what was coming.
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to keep the boring never endless questing?

If you can name one thing that Wow is better then the featured GW2 has i´ll be surprised , if something it is the unique pvp that WoW has which is the only thing I enjoy.
    Your friends probably enjoy the convenience factor wow brings to the mmo market. It's hard for the average wow player to transition to games like eve online, rift etc.

This is because wow is the easiest , most forgiving mmo there is and you also get a lot of instant gratification. Some of my friends that did rift endgame content said the players from everquest were a lot more skilled then wow players in raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Seems relevant
    <snip>
    lol, that's hilarious. Where do you find these kind of things? I'm starting to believe that you have all these interviews, pics, quotes and vids bookmarked and organized so you can whip them out when you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    I mean what the feck? Half of my friends r like meh i´ll stick to WoW even when I said what was coming.
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to keep the boring never endless questing?
    Why would you want to get rid of the holy trinity system?
    As long as they are new and fun, I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Why would you want to get rid of the holy trinity system?
    As long as they are new and fun, I'm not complaining.
    Because a lot of players like me who have played WoW for the past 7 years and games before it with the trinity are tired of "Ok you make sure this thing attacks you, I'll stand over here and do my rotation while the healer plays wack-a-mole." I realize there is a lot more to it than that and I will even somewhat miss the theorycrafting, but the most fun part of WoW raids were when things got a bit hectic and you have to kite a mob around CC as much as possible dodge that incoming spells or move out of the fire. Thanks to having no tanking and no dedicated healers, the entire game will be like this everyone will be responsible for hey dodge that spell hey kite these mobs, the most unfun fights in WoW are tank and spank, and thanks to GW2s lack of a trinity, these kind of fights are literally not possible to implement without huge work-arounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect a long line of other MMOs that were greatly hyped and fell flat has given people a more tempered approach.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I think those who blindly ignore GW2 because they think it's like every other MMO or think it's just GW1 but prettier are extremely ignorant. GW2 isn't like every other MMO that's released in the past 7 years that merely has 1 new shiny feature and calls it a day. I could write an extensive essay on what the game is doing and ArenaNet as a company.

See my thread here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    In my eyes it's combination of Diablo 2, WoW and some of LoL. Therefore it's not easy to judge the game just from seeing it's play. However I can say that graphics and game world in general is not poor, but it's quite unappealing.

At the moment the game simply lacks potential to make you say "this is it" and get on board.
    I would love if you could tell me why you think it's a combination of these games.

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 01:48 AM ----------

I don't understand how the heck this hype works. Rift and SW:TOR, games I would never have heard of if it wasn't for MMO-Champion, got a crazy amount of hype. Guild Wars 2, a game I knew from some friends, has almost no hype or followers (well, compared to the other "challengers").

I get WoW and LoL but... Diablo 2? Maybe he means action-y combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I get WoW and LoL but... Diablo 2? Maybe he means action-y combat?
    Where is the LoL part? 5v5 combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Where is the LoL part? 5v5 combat?
    That and diversity in your skillset even without 50 abilities on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    That and diversity in your skillset even without 50 abilities on screen.
    ...That's rather weak. If I wanted, I could likely add tons of games on the same basis.

it has to do with LARGE amount of games that claim to be better then wow but then turned out not to be,id have to say before i actually studied gw2 i was skeptic anything could be better then wow also. wait for the game to come out and then all the awesome reviews will come out and your dumb friends should see the light