Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    I don't have the time to read through this whole thread currently, so odds are good other people have said what I'm going to.

Anyway, the reason I'm not excited for GW2 is because I neither played the first nor have heard a lot about this one. I have pretty much no idea what this game is about, other than the buzzwords and snappy phrases like "no holy trinity" and "no quests" that people throw around. That's not enough to get me excited, and it's not enough to convince me to go look more in depth into what GW2 will have to offer at this point. When the release date comes closer I probably will; I've learned it's usually better not to buy into beta/pre-beta hype about features and such because of how often the game will seem a disappointment after being so hyped up about it (see SW:TOR for a recent example).

So, yeah my reason for not being excited is mainly willful ignorance.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated

Kills all ignorance 100% guaranteed or we kill you instead!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated

Kills all ignorance 100% guaranteed or we kill you instead!
    Damn you beat me to it by 3min

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Here are somethings I found on griefing dynamic events:

A vid on Dynamic Events: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1013691...Wars-2-Dynamic (check out the section on griefing)
    The video is awesome. It also gave the answer, the system will check if people are actually doing anything Swaggah. And if you still are afraid that there will be people who don't pull their weight, then I guess it will either scale after how much they actually do, or they will end up dying, and you can choose to ignore their corpses.

I definitely will play it. I've heard enough about it that I am interested. But the videos I've watched (yes, only probably about 40 minutes of gameplay footage in total) hasn't really done much for me... I mean look at that video posted a few posts before mine. Honestly if I didn't know it was GW2 - I would have thought it was just about any other mmo.

For this reason alone I lost all enthusiasm. It promises to deliver a lot... but from what I have seen (and heard, but this is hearsay and I cannot prove it since its word of mouth so I'm sure is going to be torn apart) it doesn't particularly live up to these promises. Like... every other mmo. About six months ago I was really anticipating this... and it definitely looks like it'll be a fun game. I just don't think it'll live up to the hype.

Also - I kinda like the trinity system.

edit: I really do hope the game does well. I hope it's fantastic. I just... have low expectations.
    Last edited by fadingintofall; 2012-01-15 at 03:37 AM.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    I definitely will play it. I've heard enough about it that I am interested. But the videos I've watched (yes, only probably about 40 minutes of gameplay footage in total) hasn't really done much for me... I mean look at that video posted a few posts before mine. Honestly if I didn't know it was GW2 - I would have thought it was just about any other mmo.

For this reason alone I lost all enthusiasm. It promises to deliver a lot... but from what I have seen (and heard, but this is hearsay and I cannot prove it since its word of mouth so I'm sure is going to be torn apart) it doesn't particularly live up to these promises. Like... every other mmo. About six months ago I was really anticipating this... and it definitely looks like it'll be a fun game. I just don't think it'll live up to the hype.

Also - I kinda like the trinity system.
    When it comes to hype and disappointment, then it also comes down to what you actually expect, eh?

What a ridiculous question, I am excited for GW2 but I'm not stupid enough to think that literally everyone else on Earth shares my tastes

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like comparing someone still playing in college to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning. Everything looks good on tape, wait til it's in action tho. How many games have come and gone trying to "take over" the reins of wow being the premier mmo?

Almost every game looks sweet, how it plays is an entirely different thing.

Guild Wars 2 seems to be one of the most, if not the most polished game to come out in a long time. I personally think it will be pretty successful, but saying generic "problems" with a 7 year old game doesn't do anything except make you look like another "X new game is better than WoW/WoW sucksorz" troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    When it comes to hype and disappointment, then it also comes down to what you actually expect, eh?
    very true... but the way people talk about GW2... they make it seem like it'll remake the genre. Hard not to get hyped over that. lol
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    For this reason alone I lost all enthusiasm. It promises to deliver a lot... but from what I have seen (and heard, but this is hearsay and I cannot prove it since its word of mouth so I'm sure is going to be torn apart) it doesn't particularly live up to these promises..
    To be honest, as resourceful as we might be no one except for Anet and the closed beta testers can know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are not interested in GW2. It doesn't hold a candle to TERA for me.

Never was interested in the first one, didn't really know about it, so not interested in the second. That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dome View Post
    Never was interested in the first one, didn't really know about it, so not interested in the second. That's just me.
    Both games share the same name

Both games are different

Learn more at: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    If you can name one thing that Wow is better then the featured GW2 has i´ll be surprised
    Does this mean that you have played GW2 already?

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Honestly, if people think WoW is a good game in it's current form, then I don't want them in GW2.
    Too bad, because I'mma play both and enjoy myself. If that annoys people like you, then that's a bonus.

WoW is a great game from an objective standpoint. Anyone not able to grasp that must be blind. From a subjective standpoint however, it can be whatever. Still doesn't mean you should only play WOW or one of the other MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    To be honest, as resourceful as we might be no one except for Anet and the closed beta testers can know that.
    I absolutely agree.
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 isn't out, don't count your chickens before you hatch. Also, SW:TOR takes out the boring questing, and I think that it is a better game than WoW in general excluding the endgame which can't be judged yet because WoW endgame was terrible when it was first released. Molten Core was garbage. The MMO market is saturated pretty well. I don't know if many people want the drastic change GW2 will bring. Also, I would like it very much if WoW fanboys would just go fall in a pit. You simply CANNOT judge a game before it is released. The amount of WoW fanboys just hanging around on forums is sad. You must not be enjoying WoW very much if you're trolling the forums rather than playing.

1. crafting will get data mined so all the thing you can make will be know online. so all the crafting you will need to go online to find out how to make any thing.
    2. All classes have a doge so server side lag will make things you are a 100% certain you dodged will still hit you and people will bitch.
    3. Your attacks are a forced set based on you wep so if you get you hands on a kick ass dagger sorry you are stuck with that one dagger skill that sucks but the axe skill would be so much better.
    4. It is buy once play till it gets shut down so the few people that are wiling to buy stuff from the shop will support the game and no one else making the money for dev on free stuff vs the stuff you pay for uneven.
    5. the story seems less involved with why i play.
    6. no fee so every one can play so i see a lot of the 10 to 16 year old that moms and dads would not let play wow or swtor do to the monthly price tag will play and i don't want to party with them.
    7. game looks like to much stuff is going on will it still look good at low settings on my laptop but give me high fps for the twitch game play involved with a dodge.
    8. it is a one time buy of like $60 so if i try it and don't like it no big deal i wont be forced to give them a credit card so if i hate it can just never log in no spam emails as to why i left. is see less risk as less reward so less exictment.

and wow raiding, swtor story rpg, me3 fps game play kingdoms of amalor a new fantasy world all hold me better then GW2 but man i do like the idea of playing a silvari.

Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    I mean what the feck? Half of my friends r like meh i´ll stick to WoW even when I said what was coming.
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to keep the boring never endless questing?

If you can name one thing that Wow is better then the featured GW2 has i´ll be surprised , if something it is the unique pvp that WoW has which is the only thing I enjoy.
    Well, I'm not one of these sad cases feeling the need to bash one game to up another. I haven't tried GW2 so I can't say if it's better or not. Here's what I love about WoW, however.

Mounts, flying and ground alike.
    The Warcraft universe
    Style
    Combat
    Interface customization with addons
    Razer Naga addon
    Raiding
    Dungeons
    Transmogrification
    The races
    The lore
    How good it works on a wide range of computers
    Leveling
    Achievements
    Progressing and seeing your char get stronger over time
    My characters.
    Questing. Yes, I like the traditional way of questing in MMOS.
    Holy trinity. Yes, I like learning to master a new way of playing and having a set role to fill. I could never see WoW getting rid of this, despite it working good for other games.

What I dislike:

The world isn't challenging at all unless you are a newbie without a clue, and even then you have to try very hard to die when leveling.
    A bit too much e-peen stroking going on in the game.
    All the whining
    The bashing
    It sometimes feels as if the devs are being lazy when it comes to movement, cosmetical bugs and of course the outdated models/textures in the game. Hopefully we will see upgraded character models for MoP, but I doubt we'll ever see an overhaul to the Pre-WOTLK creatures and surroundings.

Here's what I like about GW2 so far:

World events
    Leveling
    No grinding
    No big raids
    Exploration mode dungeons
    de facto grouping
    gear appearance and dye options
    Customization of the characters
    Anti-grind philosophy

Here's what I dislike:

The "anotha WoW-killah!"-hype.
    No mounts

Here's what worries me:

Will it run as well on most computers as WoW does?
    Will it grow stale and boring too fast before new content is released?
    Will ranger pets be realistic in terms of size and behaviour?

I'm sure there will be areas where WoW does it better, and where GW2 does it better. My reason for loving the sound of GW2 though, is that it's so different from WoW. I love my Warcraft World, so there's no reason for me to play another MMORPG if it's very similar.

So, big shocker for you and others like you...it's possible to like more than one MMORPG at the same time. It's possible to not like the same MMORPG as you, and it's extremely possible that WoW is a great game, just not in your personal o.p.i.n.i.o.n.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-01-15 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Game looks like shit imo
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    ~stuff~
    THIS thread is your friend
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist