Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Challenge Mode kind of sounds like the bastard child of GW1's challenge missions (leaderboard) GW1 faction's story missions (timed, different medals awarded for time required, the stacking debuff to add difficulty) and GW2 dungeons (unique transmog gear, vanity items, normalization of gear)...

Quote Originally Posted by Giise View Post
    Why Wotlk Diificulties
    Obviously, they want us to kill ourselves. Heroics were actually interesting the first couple of weeks. I guess I don't even have that to look forward to.

Hopefully, if they are going to make heroics blindingly easy like in Wrath, they will be 3+pack-AoE-able.

I don't quite understand WHY they chose "WotLK difficulty level".

I know, for "some people" original Cataclysm heroic dungeons were too hard, I'm fine with that. But nowadays, difficulty is already REALLY easy, while being harder than WotLK's difficulty. I can't remember any point in time when dungeons have been as boring as during WotLK, and I'm quite disappointed that Blizzard chose to go back to that kind of design.

I'm sure I'll love the challenge mode, but considering "regular" normal and heroics WILL be part of progression (everyone will HAVE TO go through it), it's a pity many people will have to "suffer" completely dumbed down dungeons :/

Quote Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
    Dungeons challenges mode sucks alots...Blizz fail again
    you.. havnt even tried it. seriously, it wont affect you at all unless your one of those people who care about being #1 and that and geting things after you outgear.

Completing the Challenge on gold will incur a stacking debuff on future attempts: it’ll start with a 5% debuff, but if you manage to finish with a gold medal time on that run you’ll receive a 10% debuff on your next run, and so on.
    What? like. if you complete it on gold, it makes it harder to complete it again? or... yeah... like this makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    WOTLK dungeon challenges? You mean when you could simply run into whatever trash packs with no CC needed at all and simply AoE everything? And then pull and oneshot bosses without really having no idea for strategy or abilities? No thanks.
    Where did it say WOTLK Challenges?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    What? like. if you complete it on gold, it makes it harder to complete it again? or... yeah... like this makes no sense
    i agree you with on that, does it effect other dungeons you would do..?

I see it like the 0-5-10-15% buff in ICC..
    It's a really easy way to say "Hey, you have challenging content here ! Just do the same dungeon 5 times in a row an have a cumulative debuff which will make everything harder !". Funny the first time, eventually, then you get bored :/

Deleted
    And I wonder why WoW is going down hill...

How hard is it to grasp really?

You beat it on gold level, then you get a debuff, that stacks, to make it harder, so that you got something to actually beat as well, sure eventually people will hit a cap, but yeah.

The stacking debuff is there to raise the bar even further, above the 3 standard medal levels, its not exactly rocket science to piece it together.

And tbh, things like this change to dungeons and talents and what not, might be the only thing making me return to WoW, im sick of getting demands just to progress, I mean, sure, you need to be able to complete it, but people dont want to complete content, they want to freaking zergrush through it, something you cant do if you arent geared, so for new players, guess what, they still exist, there is nothing they can do. However, with the lowering of the difficulty bar, people might stop kicking people from heroics and instead just let the poor people get that shiny new piece of gear and points that actually means progression to them.

The stupidity in the MMO community of late is staggering, reading comprehension is all but tossed out the window, isnt it?

And no, Im not a native speaker, so I bet there are tons of grammatical errors in my text, before anyone cares to point that bit of obvious info out.

2 Dudus and 3 Rogues sneaked through a dungeon..

Deleted
    Heroic mode dungeons will not be as difficult as they were in Cataclysm, instead they will be similar to the Wrath of the Lich King level difficulty.Challenge Mode dungeons will require you to complete a dungeon in a certain amount of time to win a medal and other rewards, similar to the Zul'Aman timed run for the bear mount.
    The heroics in early Cata were some of the best PvE experiences I've had in this game. They were challenging, required brains/CC and you could take your time with each pull (which was necessary because healers usually lost 50-75% mana on each pull). The only groups that wiped on them were the groups with zero communication, or groups where one idiot jeopardized everything.Now we'll be stuck with faceroll heroics and timed runs with idiots yelling "TANK! PULL! GOGO!" every 5 seconds. What a bummer.It's a damn shame that they gave in to the whiners.

Challenge mode seems kinda like Herald of the Titans, which i think is awesome. The only people who will not like it is the noobs that have no skill as they can't be carried through them

WOTLK design? Yeah, I won't even bother buying this at all now. =/ Game is just too mindless outside of one mode of one type of content I don't really want to do.

Everything about this expansion looks so cheap and maligned, even moreso than Cata and here they don't even have the excuse of a pass at Azeroth questing.

Also,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469

Still laughing, funny how fast game design and integrity goes out the window when you lose some, heck possibly unrelated, subscriptions.

LOVE This part, btw:

"The Lich King Heroic dungeons (and Naxxramas) were too easy to zerg, setting up an expansion-long expectation that purple gear would come easy and often. In retrospect, that was a mistake. We don't at all view the Cataclysm dungeon and raid balance as a mistake."
    Last edited by Vanaline; 2012-01-15 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    2 Dudus and 3 Rogues sneaked through a dungeon..
    I was thinking this too, you could skip all the trash and get right to the bosses

I actually really like some of the ideas here. I don't get how people don't understand them. The stacking debuff could be cool too, just to see how far you can actually push yourself.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the leader board. If it was Guilds rated or Dungeon Teams then maybe, but as they're encouraging people to use the LFG tool to do this, won't your score always only be as good as the lowest common denominator you're randomly grouped with?

I think they need to start Dungeon Teams, just the same as arena teams, but with a realm wide scoreboard

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    2 Druids and 3 Rogues sneaked through a dungeon..
    I hope they're considering this ahead of time.

Deleted
    Can they even steal more idea's from Guild wars 2...

Cool, but I was hoping the Challenge Mode stuff would be different than just being timed. Like, harder bosses, multiple bosses at once, creative additional abilities on bosses, smaller/larger battlefields, extra range on enemy attacks, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to them. An I will be even more happy if they will include more dungeons. :3

Deleted
    I bet the Guild Wars 2 design inspired them. How original.

Seriously...I'm going to be honest. Is it that hard to grasp such a simple concept? Are you really incapable of reading and translating in game?

You complete on gold, you get a debuff. That makes it harder to complete it on gold again so it's more rewarding each time.

How dumb can people be?