Poll: Will you buy Mass Effect 3 for PC?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "It's about allowing your computer to install/modify the files.. not about how that process (the installation/patching) is started.."

Its automatic, so how it is started does matter to me. You really want an invisible app that has admin permissions on your comp that automatically downloads? Then my orig comment stands :P

You admitting to missing a detail proves you "do" need to read more carefully. Cant really debate that one at this point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    "It's about allowing your computer to install/modify the files.. not about how that process (the installation/patching) is started.."

Its automatic, so how it is started does matter to me. You really want an invisible app that has admin permissions on your comp that automatically downloads? Then my orig comment stands :P

You admitting to missing a detail proves you "do" need to read more carefully. Cant really debate that one at this point
    wow you really hit me hard there.. I'm allmost crying..

Steam updates are automatic you know.. And Steam must have the same permissions to modify files on your pc

And just because it doesn't have an uninstaller its not invisible.. you can see it running.. you can open it and use it.. you have a weird definition of "invisible"

Aaaand.. LOL at all of you.. I just installed it myself just to see what the fuzz is about.. Guess what? you can uninstall it from "programs and features" just fine.. Maybe you should stop listening to old rumors so much?

This isnt about steam vs origins since i use neither.

Glad to see they changed that, i had to use it to play darkspore.

Out of curiousity why are you such a big supporter of it?

I already play BF3 through Origin, and I love ME1 and ME2.

So thats not going to stop me at all.

HI HO SILVER! AWAY!

Also as KidKracken pointed out, they are really no different from Steam how Origin updates and such.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

lets just say i will play it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    we know that EA are complete asshats so we just have to put up with it. It make be stupidly built and set out, but oh well, we just have to get used to it.
    No we certainly do not.

Yes, I will buy it when it's approximately $10. People who don't buy it because of Origin are ridiculous. Steam was the same terrible garbage as Origin when it was first released. Always online DRM is a joke. Getting steam to try and work offline is lol worthy.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Origin? Nope, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp969 View Post
    lets just say i will play it

No way in hell I'm buying it for PC and jumping through EA's hoops. I'm grudgingly buying it for 360 as it is because of how much I hate EA and their constant shenanigans. Damn Bioware and their hooking me with Mass Effect 1. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post

Steam updates are automatic you know..
    Yep, I found that out the hard way. Played Half Life 2 back in the day, then Steam decided I HAD to have a patch fix for Nvidia cards on my ATI system before I could resume playing the single player game. Then Steam decided to crap out and give me no end of problems. I sure do hope Steam has improved since the early days. I wouldn't know though, as to their credit they don't pull that bull other developers think is cute in forcing me to remain connected constantly to play a 1 player game, so I toggled on offline dial up mode and never looked back. Game developers sure have been hell bent on killing my enthusiasm for gaming on my PC the past half decade. -_-
    Last edited by Merie; 2012-01-16 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Left it unanswered, if it comes on Steam then yes, if it's Origin then nope.

Out from personal experience I'm not gonna touch Origin again.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant believe its not going to be on steam. EA is trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though i have to use origin which i hate, yes i'll be buying it on pc.

xbox live gold or free origin i go fuck the xbox my pc is better

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE Origin, but I LOVE Mass effect. Luckily for EA my love for ME out weighs my hatred for their shitty origin service.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'll be buying it. If it's a good game I don't care what digital distribution site/program it's on.

Yes, I probably will, I've had no problems so far using Origin with Battlefield 3 so it's no big deal for me.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope *snip*. You forced my hand, Bioware.

Please don't promote or discuss piracy on the forums. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-16 at 04:19 AM.

the hell is origin? and the fact that ME3 wont be on steam when the other 2 are reeks of back room dealing
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    This isnt about steam vs origins since i use neither.

Glad to see they changed that, i had to use it to play darkspore.

Out of curiousity why are you such a big supporter of it?
    I don't think he's coming across as a supporter of it, I think he's trying to prove a point and that point is that people are just hating on it for the same reasons people hate on other mmo's before they even come out.....Rabid. Fan boys.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Some people make no sense. You will pass on one of the greatest single player RPG's (that you already played the first two) because it requires you to use origins? Origins isn't so bad, and even though none of us like being forced to download a program to play a game... who cares? Do people remember that steam itself is no different from origins, and sprung to life because they required steam for half life 2? Do you people skip portal 2 because it required Steam? If not, why? Don't be a hypocrite. Same for blizzard games, they require Bnet (outside of WoW).. so will you skip D3? Another gaming service is not a big deal and just will compete to offer us all better deals. Why skip a classic like ME3, D3, Portal 2 etc.. just because they require a service?