Deleted

New Build PC. Suggestions greatly needed and welcome

Hey all,

Off the bat, i'm easily confused when it comes to knowing exactly what to look for. But, having glossed over a good few forum threads, and some suggestions, and 1 or 2 "aahhhh just wing it" ideas, i've put this together, and could do with any feedback, even critical stuff, and improvement ideas.

Not able to post links, so just gonna copy the products straight from Aria, where i've currently got them wish listed. Sorry bout that

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Black Full Tower Windowed Chassis w/ USB3.0

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail

750W Corsair TX750 V2 ATX2.3 SLI/Crossfire Compliant Power Supply

1TB Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive

Asus GeForce GTX 550Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Quiet CPU Cooler

8GB G.Skill RipJawsX (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz 11-11-11-30 Dual Channel Kit - F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H Intel Z68 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard

Main questions are:
    Is this all compatible? I'm looking to make sure I can chuck WoW, TOR, D3, and GW2 to pretty high settings and still keep a good frame rate. Am I just overcompensating for everything or does it seem ideal for the next year or so?
    DVD drive. Is my current tsstcorp CDDVDW SH-S202N ATA Device alright to use with this rig, or would I need to buy a new one?
    CPU cooler. Is that needed, and would I be better off looking into a water cooling device? Head is a bit fuzzled from a friends preference, so I need some clarification.

Current price seems to be around £721, and i'd prefer not to go too much over that. £750 max, not including the OS, or keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers. They're sorted already.

Any help and information would be awesome, and greatly appreciated. Thanks

Get a 6850 or 6870 instead of a 550Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    Hey all,

Off the bat, i'm easily confused when it comes to knowing exactly what to look for. But, having glossed over a good few forum threads, and some suggestions, and 1 or 2 "aahhhh just wing it" ideas, i've put this together, and could do with any feedback, even critical stuff, and improvement ideas.

Not able to post links, so just gonna copy the products straight from Aria, where i've currently got them wish listed. Sorry bout that

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Black Full Tower Windowed Chassis w/ USB3.0

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail

750W Corsair TX750 V2 ATX2.3 SLI/Crossfire Compliant Power Supply

1TB Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive

Asus GeForce GTX 550Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Quiet CPU Cooler

8GB G.Skill RipJawsX (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz 11-11-11-30 Dual Channel Kit - F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H Intel Z68 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard

Main questions are:
    Is this all compatible? I'm looking to make sure I can chuck WoW, TOR, D3, and GW2 to pretty high settings and still keep a good frame rate. Am I just overcompensating for everything or does it seem ideal for the next year or so?
    DVD drive. Is my current tsstcorp CDDVDW SH-S202N ATA Device alright to use with this rig, or would I need to buy a new one?
    CPU cooler. Is that needed, and would I be better off looking into a water cooling device? Head is a bit fuzzled from a friends preference, so I need some clarification.

Current price seems to be around £721, and i'd prefer not to go too much over that. £750 max, not including the OS, or keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers. They're sorted already.

Any help and information would be awesome, and greatly appreciated. Thanks

If your goal is just the games mentioned, you kind of are "overcompensating". You could cut 100 pounds on the video card and still run everything max setting. As far as AMD vs nVidia, AMD may run cooler and not consume as much power compared to the 550ti and 560tis.

I run with i7 950 and nvidia 460 and run max framerate on wow on ultra without too much issues. No noticeable slow down on yorsahj or zonozz either.

So if you want to cut costs anywhere, video card is where to do it.

Deleted
    As Chaud said get a 6850/70 or 560ti, get a mid tower instead, the TX650 v2 PSU would be more than enough, get some 1600MHz RAM.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 04:14 AM ----------

PSU: Corsair - Enthusiast TX650 V2 back in stock in 3 days
    MB: ASUS P8P67 Pro B3
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI R6870 || MSI 560GTX-Ti Twin FrozrII || Sapphire RADEON HD 6850

3 different GPU's all different price range but all good price/performance, you decide how far your budget allow you to go.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice all. Gonna keep on track with the £750 limit and suggestions here put me almost right on the button for it

Deleted
    Let us know how it goes in here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-gaming-setup!
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-01-18 at 10:22 AM.

6870 or 560ti
    2133 RAM not worth it. save 20$ and buy the exact same thing at 1600 RAM.

Deleted
    That's why he already changed from the build in the OP

Wait for Ivy Bridge if you can, Nvidia is releasing new CG in March April too, so just wait as i'm doing

Deleted
    Yeah, I had a friend moan on about waiting for the Ivybridge, or just going straight for i7. As said there though, I did order the 1600 RAM, and have went with the 6850.

Deleted
    For gaming purpose you're not really loosing anything by sticking to i5-2500k vs i7-2600k, few % here and there and cost you more $ that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    For gaming purpose you're not really loosing anything by sticking to i5-2500k vs i7-2600k, few % here and there and cost you more $ that's about it.
    For pure gaming, the 2500k actually wins barely against the 2600k. It is a pretty amazing CPU.