Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I am so bad at macros, just threw in [modifier:shift] but wont work, some help please
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,help][mod:shift,help,nodead][mod:shift,@targettarget,help,nodead][mod:shift,@player]Cure Disease;[@mouseover,help][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@player]Dispel Magic

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

15+ Year Old Account
    I will marry you Iawomous so I can have your macro services 24/7!

Thank you
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'm looking for a macro that will only cast spells and use items when a specific UnitId is targeted. For example, a macro that would only cast Blood Fury and Use a Potion of the Tol'vir if boss2 is targeted, else do nothing if anything besides boss2 is targeted. Is this even possible? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyaxeres View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that will only cast spells and use items when a specific UnitId is targeted. For example, a macro that would only cast Blood Fury and Use a Potion of the Tol'vir if boss2 is targeted, else do nothing if anything besides boss2 is targeted. Is this even possible? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Not possible sorry. Checking your target is basically only good for seeing whether it's friendly/harmful/dead/etc, nothing specific. http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro#Complete_list

Is the conditional [exists] the most efficient way to check if I have a target before casting or using something then? For example, will /use [exists] 13 only use my top trinket if I have a target? I don't have the game in front of me to try this right now. Thanks gain for the help.

Yeah, I usually have my cooldowns and trinkets in macros with just a combat tag so they don't get wasted out of combat like a rough example:
    Code:
    /cast [combat]Deadly Calm
    /cast [combat]Inner Rage
    /cast Mortal Strike
    But like you posted
    Code:
    /use [exists] 13
    Will only use the top trinket if you have a target (any target), so depending on the situation [harm] or [help] may be better.

Just curious on what this is for, I can probably help more specifically instead of using vague examples.

Just trying various things for macros for targeting and attacking the Burning Tendons on Heroic Spine of Deathwing. I have a serviceable macro in place that will correctly target the Tendon and use cooldowns and the first attack I want to use, and it's spammable, but only if I don't currently have a target. I was exploring possibilities for a spammable macro for them that will work properly and not blow cooldowns early regardless of the target. A targetexact macro works, but only if you're standing in a certain way that so that the macro doesn't bug out on the other, still hidden Tendon. I was able to determine that the Tendons appear as boss2 when they're active, which might be a better option. My latest thought is that it might be possible to do what I originally was hoping for by setting both the target and focus to the Tendon via boss2, casting whatever I want at my focus, then immediately clearing the focus.

I appreciate the help lawomous.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    <do exists stuff here>
    /targetlasttarget
    Should work.

Yeah I've read some threads about people having issues with the Tendons.

I'm not sure what you're using but some options are things like:
    /targetexact Burning Tendons

If you wanted to try using boss2 as a UnitID you can do that too.
    /tar boss2

You can also put things like /cleartarget before the macro to ensure that you don't currently have a target if that was causing it to bug out too and might help. Then if your target is clear, any spells after it with [exists] in it will only work once you acquire the target through one of those methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently picked up 4PT13 for my CatBear and I'm looking for a quality of life macro to make it easy to use.

I'm hoping a clever member of the community can assist me with is I'd like a Macro that uses Shred most of the time, and Ravage when it's unlocked due to talents (once every 30seconds it is usable). If it can be done, it seems like a very useful addition to the line-up of a SometimesCat. (I'll happily accept that those FulltimeCats might never consider binding these together)

Cheers in advance

Cyphren

It's not possible to have a macro make a decision for you based on the presence of a buff.

I think I have something like this that I hit with Shift everytime I pounce otherwise just shred.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack
    /cast [mod]Ravage;Shred

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh... Those macros I can make. Was just hoping I could get away with noy having to add an extra button. Cheers though.

I apologise if this has been already posted but my search didn't return any results. Basically I would like a macro that I can just spam press a few times and it will target the NPC, interact with it and then complete the quest.

The quest in question is The Stuff of Legends (Horde)

I will be completing this quest in a couple of days and would like to use a macro to turn it in ASAP and without trouble since there's always people standing in the way and I don't want my potion of illusion to run out before I can hand it in. :>

Thank you!

I need a macro that makes it so my pet will attack whatever I tell it to in the macro. For example, I want my pet to attack the Twilight Elite Dreadblade first and if it is dead, the Twilight Elite Slayers on Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn. I will keep my pet on passive and then use a petattack macro to keep it on the twilight dreadblade. What would be an efficient macro to accomplish this?

I have tried 2 macros and neither of them have worked. What happens is, the pet will only attack whichever target I am currently attacking. I have tested these macro on the Raider's Target Dummy as well.

/targetexact 'name-of-baddy'
    /petpassive
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget
    would be my half-assed way of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I need a macro that makes it so my pet will attack whatever I tell it to in the macro. For example, I want my pet to attack the Twilight Elite Dreadblade first and if it is dead, the Twilight Elite Slayers on Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn. I will keep my pet on passive and then use a petattack macro to keep it on the twilight dreadblade. What would be an efficient macro to accomplish this?

I have tried 2 macros and neither of them have worked. What happens is, the pet will only attack whichever target I am currently attacking. I have tested these macro on the Raider's Target Dummy as well.
    I'm not sure if it helps but on Warmaster I put my pet on Defensive. The melee adds are constantly charging around aggroing stuff, and Warmaster in P2 with that Disrupting Shout makes pets aggro to him on Defensive while you're busy shooting at drakes.

Deleted
    Most reliable would be using your focus to preserve current target.
    Code:
    /focus
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact Twilight Elite Slayer
    /targetexact Twilight Elite Dreadblade
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /cleartarget
    /tar focus
    /clearfocus

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /focus
    /cleartarget
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /cleartarget
    /tar focus
    /clearfocus
    Thank you Treeston, I will try that out! But, I would really like to tie it into my cobra shot so I can just keep casting. I don't want another button to press.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    Thank you Treeston, I will try that out! But, I would really like to tie it into my cobra shot so I can just keep casting. I don't want another button to press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /focus
    /cleartarget
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /cleartarget
    /tar focus
    /clearfocus
    /cast Cobra Shot
    there you go!

Hey everyone, trying to get this macro down. Not sure how to finish it up. I want it to Cyclone my focus, but it I have no focus, I want it to just cyclone my current target. Right now all I could come up with is this.

#showtooltip Cyclone
    /cast [@focus] Cyclone