Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nope, my desire to play Diablo 3 increased at Blizzcon, and has plateaued since then... But it has not decreased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, I'm still awaiting to play this beast. Tho, I look it at both ways. On one hand, I'm happy they are taking their time on it because I don't want a rushed game with millions of bugs and unfinished content. On the other hand, Maybe... You know what, the more I think about it, there really isn't another hand. When it comes out all will be forgiven with a HIGHLY anticipated game and the marathoning will commence as it did in the other two. All good things come to those who wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of a release Date has definitivily made it so I am not as hyped for the game as I was pre-blizzcon and when we thought it was going to be released at the end of 2011.

I was not looking at any other game besides skyrim to fill my time before D3, after they postponed the release date I have been trying out other games.

I have not looked up a single thing or had any interest in playing SWTOR because I thought I would be playing D3 bye now, now I'm sucked into that game.

Blizzard come out with D3 please so I can go back to playing a game I'd rather be playing than this place holder SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a little, but if they don't release soon I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It actually has quite alot.

Was scheduled for December 2011. Then Early 2012.

They had trouble getting a rating for Korea. Now they did.

Now they have no problem releasing the game. But will they? Nooo nooo.

Milking the cow first. They are probably aiming for a % of WoW players to do the annual pass. Annual Pass should only have been a short offer. Apparently not as many as they hoped were willing to sign up for a year of WoW, and therefore they probably wait until at % has accepted it, then put out a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

Milking the cow first. They are probably aiming for a % of WoW players to do the annual pass. Annual Pass should only have been a short offer. Apparently not as many as they hoped were willing to sign up for a year of WoW, and therefore they probably wait until at % has accepted it, then put out a release date.
    This is what I think aswell.
    I don't seem to find any information regardless the annual pass period, confirming the cow milking :/
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Is Diablo a single player RPG/Zelda style game, or an online/MMO type? I watched a friend of mine play one of the games a long time ago, and it was hard to tell. Just wondered what separates Diablo from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Is Diablo a single player RPG/Zelda style game, or an online/MMO type? I watched a friend of mine play one of the games a long time ago, and it was hard to tell. Just wondered what separates Diablo from WoW.
    Diablo is a point-and-click single and multiplayer game with a perspective view.
    It's an RPG, yet not an MMO like WoW.
    Diablo 3 is going to be massive, multiplayer and online, but not in the way WoW works.
    You can choose to play with friends or solo (no offline mode for D3 afaik) and play a fixed storyline. The end-game is really different from WoW, but it involves similar elements.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Lack of release date is rather cool for me, it means game is not yet finalized and there is hope for some positive changes. I'd wait half year more just for them to implement single player (offline) mode.

But with lack of such positive news, I am not really waiting for this game. I am not such a person who enjoys reading news on inevitable patches for single player game after release, constant changes to balance (which also will be inevitable), I'd rather go and play some games like Disgaea, where I know - ruleset is solid, not changing from one session to other, and bad ISP days won't take away from my fun.

This being said, I will get Diablo III automatically with annual pass, but this will be a waste, as I won't rush asap to download it. I wish I could give it to some of my friends as a gift, who'd enjoy it more than me, but sadly game is pre-bound to account.

Deleted
    I am slowly starting to die on the line with all of this waiting, not just diablo though, the entire gaming world that once appealed to me so much seems to be on hiatus, currently all of my up & coming favourites [WoW, TERA, GW, Diablo] are taking aaages to release their next installment.

I have no desire to game atm, whenever the mood strikes me, I realise that all I have to play is rehashed WoW dungeons or D2 for the millionth time.

The day Blizzard tacks on a solid release date for a title is the same day I quit playing their games and lose all faith.

They pioneered the term "When it's done" and have, far as I know, never really gone wrong with it. Good on them for taking as long as they need.

The fans are killing my excitement. Blizzard themselves couldn't ever do that unless they just started suddenly making poor quality games.

I kind of stopped caring in 2009 TBH.

But i get it for free with annual pass so will give it a shot i guess.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    The day Blizzard tacks on a solid release date for a title is the same day I quit playing their games and lose all faith.

They pioneered the term "When it's done" and have, far as I know, never really gone wrong with it. Good on them for taking as long as they need.
    3.2 and 4.1 want to have a word.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I kind of stopped caring in 2009 TBH.

But i get it for free with annual pass so will give it a shot i guess.

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 02:30 PM ----------

3.2 and 4.1 want to have a word.
    Patches aren't exactly retail games. Don't really care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Patches aren't exactly retail games. Don't really care about them.
    The Patches are the Content of the Retail games, they use the term "when it is done" for them aswell.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I was anxious for a beta invite - got it and played for an hour and a half (thats all the content there is)

Now while yes I still want D3 to be out right now, I am not checking D3 forums or official sites for hopeful updates on release date. Just chillin and it will happen when it happens.

Deleted
    It probably hasn't. Once I have a copy of D3 in my hand, I'll know the answer to your question. Let me get back to you.

Not really, but it has pretty well killed my desire to sit around hanging off of every piece of D3 news.

Which is probably a healthy thing, overall.

Still plan on picking up a collector's edition when it launches, so no

I'm always seeing new information about Diablo 3 on the main pages of MMO-champ, and its all useless crap. I mean its like, blizzard, don't tell us anymore useless shit until you can tell us when the game is actually going to be released. I've lost some of my "hype" for the game, but i will still be getting it, despite blizzards "soon".

That being said, id rather it come out fully polished and not a half made game, so i am prepared (as many of you probably are) to wait a couple more months or so. Just sick of all the useless announcements.