Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Turning off the "5% buff" is not an option...

Anyone who plays WoW to raid understands why you simply cannot turn off the 5% buff.

Yesterday a friend from an old server I played on messaged me screaming "WE KILLED YOR'SAHJ US 150!!" or something like that...

See, now to MMO, US 150th is nothing, who cares right? WRONG. US 150 for people who only raid 12-16 hours a week is a very big deal.. and continuing to try to improve that is an even bigger deal.

So, when 5% comes out, if this guild decides not to use it, they will drop to US 200, or US 250 lets say... so in this race (which only ends when the xpac ends), we have NO choice but to use the 5% buff to stay competitive.

Another thing is many servers dont have a server first deathwing yet... this is still up for grabs, and extremely important to many people. This 5% buff will make the difference in who gets it first.. you think the guild who is _ALMOST_ there is going to ignore it because it's the right thing to do?

Anyone who says "just turn off the buff" is ignorant and not a real raider (EDIT: In my opinion :P). Just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter to others. So the next time you say "Just turn the buff off", think to yourself "who am i kidding??" The race is still on, many servers haven't done it yet, and are still pushing their very best to do so...

Infracted. Declaring something to be an opinion and adding a smiley face to it doesn't change the fact that its non-constructive and insulting. - Wilderness

I'll be watching this thread, keep it constructive please. - Azshira.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-01-20 at 01:31 AM.

It is an option. You just don't want to do it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

and yet its still optional you can choose between a higher world rank no one cares about or killing something without the nerf which no one cares about.
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to load your argument with your "not a real raider" garbage.

Real raiders will shut off the buff keep killing things (and the douchey ones will discredit anyone who kills bosses WITH the buff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    and yet its still optional you can choose between a higher world rank no one cares about or killing something without the nerf which no one cares about.
    If no one cares, why does wowprogress track guilds after top 100? Why do people still update it?

Server firsts matter.. just because you don't care, doesn't mean others who plays to raid doesn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It is an option. You just don't want to do it.
    It's an option in the same sense as raiding without any gear equipped is an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Way to load your argument with your "not a real raider" garbage.

Real raiders will shut off the buff keep killing things (and the douchey ones will discredit anyone who kills bosses WITH the buff)
    No they will not... find me 1 serious raiding guild who will do that.... the truth is, you aren't a raider, that's why you don't understand.

One petrol station sells gas 5% cheaper than the petrol station on the other side of the road, which one do you take?

Ofc this is going to change things..
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Don't mean to be rude but the race you mentioned is still going on... yes thats true. But most people who followed the race to world first or US first EU first or what ever first race don't care. And I think that's why they said such thing. Certain communities are still going to with their race and turning off 5% buff would be bad if you're still in that race.

As I said in the other thread, if you're not at the top 5 or so of your country, you're not 'competing' on a meaningful level. You choose whether or not to use or not use the 5% buff. If you want to play at the 'intended' difficulty, then you do that. If you want to 'compete' for whatever loser spot you are, then do that. Don't complain about being forced to use it, because you're not. You're choosing the later of the two previously outlined options over the first. That's on you. No one else.

'Loser spot' is why I intervene here. Rude and you didn't have to include it. Insulting people because of the timing of their kill is not nice, even if it was 9999 in the world. - Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-01-20 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Will there be any recognition for doing it without? If there is a achievement for it then i think its ok.

Deleted
    Nothing in WoW matters, it will not affect your rl in any way, shape or form if you get server firsts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    As I said in the other thread, if you're not at the top 5 or so of your country, you're not 'competing' on a meaningful level. You choose whether or not to use or not use the 5% buff. If you want to play at the 'intended' difficulty, then you do that. If you want to 'compete' for whatever loser spot you are, then do that. Don't complain about being forced to use it, because you're not. You're choosing the later of the two previously outlined options over the first. That's on you. No one else.
    Excuse me? Server firsts dont matter? Really? So why are they there?

More servers then not have not downed Deathwing on Heroic... heck I'm sure there are a few servers who don't even have normal Deathwing yet..

Yes, we are still competing, just not in "international" eyes anymore..

Does a tournament in your local city in football matter, or just the NFL? They both matter to the players who are playing at that level... move on please.

The only person who cares about your months behind guild is the members.

Turn off the buff, and your 10/25 raiders can feel the pride of beating it without, because in the end, no one else gives a shit about you clearing something months late.

We killed Yor'Saj 12 days ago and it was US 836...Just sayin

Deleted
    Being US 200 and killing it without the buff will be worth more to me than being US 10 killing it with a 30% buff. It is optional, it's just people who want to feel special and care about their numbers on the world rankings that think they're not.

Edited due to bad wording.
    Last edited by mmocfd8dce4bf2; 2012-01-19 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    If no one cares, why does wowprogress track guilds after top 100? Why do people still update it?

Server firsts matter.. just because you don't care, doesn't mean others who plays to raid doesn't...
    Because we've been raised with all this 'feel good about yourself even though you lost' garbage? Because losers who can't be "the best" still need to lord their "leetness" over those of "less leetness"?

John Force once said: "Second place is just the first loser." Step up your game to be number 1, or get over yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    The race is still on, many servers haven't done it yet, and are still pushing their very best to do so...
    This is the exact reason why the buff is coming. After all this time, they still haven't downed the bosses. They're pushing hard to do it, but they can't. They need that help, from both a game-mechanics point of view, but also a morality boost. And I'm just talking about the competetive guilds here! The guilds that just want to down content the proper way, but don't give a darn about being Top100000, they'll play it without the buff. Those that want to down stuff no matter what, will take the buff. But you're right, all the competetive guilds have to take the buff. However, being competetive and still failing to down a raid after this long, is kinda silly.

Personally, I've only done LFR on my main and got invited to a single run with former guildies on an alt. I don't care about the buff because I won't feel anything in LFR. But I have been in top guilds on my server, so I am not oblivious to the competition point of view. I just don't see a point in complaining about getting buffed this long after release...

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    It's an option in the same sense as raiding without any gear equipped is an option.
    Heh, I love how doing the fight normally is compared to doing the fight naked, because clearly it's that much of a challenge. If it really is that difficult for you, then you need the buff.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We killed Yor'Saj 12 days ago and it was US 836...Just sayin
    I was wondering too ahah