Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

The dumbest/worst argument in the history of MMORPGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    If they don't have to be like us, why do they have to have nerfs to get to our position in HM Raiding?
    Because they want to and they pay the same amount for the game? I don't know, man. How is it good for the game to have 1% of players parading around for months and months and a 99% sitting around with nothing to do because they're sick and tired of wiping?

Your solution is "Well then they should get better or quit." and that's just not reasonable for a video game comprised of millions of people looking to just have some fun. It's still a computer game.
    In bold for you. This argument has done more to destroy the culture of mmorpgs than any lack luster content patch ever has (IMO). Incredible, there is no faster way to kill a game than to give everything away. It's hard to believe the "I pay 15$ a month! I want to "see" everthing!" argument has officially won.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-01-19 at 04:57 PM.

Nah. We all know the dumbest/worst argument is "if Blizzard had listened to me"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Hasn't this been more than obvious in the many things Blizzard has done in nearly all of Cataclysm?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... the like 10% of the playerbase that's hardcore lost?

WOW! A company that caters to the majority of people! It's like, a democracy or something here!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

WOW! A company that caters to the majority of people! It's like, a democracy or something here!
    Shhhh, you'll hurt the special snowflakes' feelings.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I agree with OP.

What Blizz /should/ do, to fit in with Lore and to make it a proper MMO, is after the World First kills a boss - that boss is dead. At that point no-one else can fight/kill/loot that boss. Stop catering to all these casuals.

EDIT: Let trash respawn - that way people can still farm RFC for xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't like pandas? U no like what i like? Nothing can make you happy!!1 imo

btw, "destroy the culture" as it may, Blizzard's running a business, so yeah...

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. In all honestly the people who are complaining the most are the ones who are not as good as they thought they were and whilst they secretly welcome the nerfs they are worried that the "bads" will catch up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Nah. We all know the dumbest/worst argument is "if Blizzard had listened to me"
    Agree.

I personally think heroic / hard mode of raids was what ruined the game for me. It just cause the separation between elite and causal to grow even more. Along with LFD be cross sever that is what broke the community feel of wow.

Deleted
    Haha yea good idea Kekkeri. No loot for the rest. One kill per server!

On the other hand, no one is forcing you to utilize the nerf, you can choose to not use it and feel righteous about it. Don't be jealous, not everyone has the luxury of being in a good guild and has the time to actively raid on demand. You don't get hurt but the others benefit. Everybody happy!

Yea for having a mmo that no longer is a second job.

Deleted
    God fear I can actually play a game I pay for.

Deleted
    I do agree that this policy is stupid and is ruining this game.

Nothing stops people from seeing content, but Blizzard decided that they must see content immediately, like if content is experienced at some point later, it doesn't count. It does count.

Many players didn't experience BT/Sunwell during TBC, but they did experience it in WoTLK, facerolling their way through, which is the same as experiencing raids in LFR.

Give me 10 minutes and I'll find 10 dumber/worse arguments on the first page of this subforum alone.

The argument isn't even "herpaderp I deserve to see everything," it's nerf content gradually so guilds stop getting cockblocked/giving up/disbanding/etc... but hey, it's a bcbully thread so this is totally expected. Obviously they're doing it to retain subs, but it's not a bad argument at all.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-01-19 at 04:55 PM.

From what i know the 1% thing is a hyperbole. This is actually very well thought out. no one has a clear definition on subscription loss. Just theories and personal opinions as to decline. Just because you pay $15 a month doesnt mean your special. Its a game like he said. Millions of people play it. You cant really answer to the needs of everyone or even get them to go along with what you say.
    "A player may like the nerf,feel indifferent, or hate it to no end. Doesnt mean your ranting will help. Unless you have hard evidence."
    If you dont like the companies dicisions than maybe your playing the wrong game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

I think you're missing the point somewhat, even if the OP isn't very clear. People were happy to play for hours on end, even if they weren't top tier people because the thought of reaching the top is always there. The way they've channelled everything into making it incredibly easy to reach the goal of raiding kind of defeats the idea of a subscription model, you can get away with seeing maybe 10% of wow's content before killing DW, in vanilla you would have seen closer to 80% before killing rag.

An average wow player could start a character and kill DW within a month now even with a fulltime job, which is fine and dandy but they're going to hemmorage subs once they realise the people who pay regular subs are the people who play for the journey rather than the end goal, and there is fuck all journey left to be had any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizdis View Post
    God fear I can actually play a game I pay for.
    Something stopped you from playing before?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Something stopped you from playing before?
    Schedule preventing them from normal raiding times, off the top of my head.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Any arguement that's in favor of their views is considered good in some people's eyes. Back when i read FFXI forums, the "it's not your 13$ per month, it's our 65$ per month" arguement was constantly being used as justification for telling people they don't have the freedom to play as they chose.

I guess some people feel their arguement becomes stronger if they start talking about their money "investment" in the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll respond to you with the same exact post I threw up in the other thread about this, since you felt the need to post about how stupid Blizzard is twice... with the same title:

I fail to see how this is an invalid argument. It's Blizzard's game, last time I checked, and they can release it how they like. If you aren't a fan, you have the ability to unsubscribe.

What people fail to see in 7/8 of the posts complaining about Blizzard's decisions is that they are one thing first and foremost: A BUSINESS. They make decisions based on what they feel is right for their game, to further their business. If they alienate 90% of their playerbase, they lose money. If they give 10% of said playerbase a carrot on a stick in the form of a stacking buff, they continue to try hardmodes, and they continue to subscribe. If people want to sit on their high-horses and say "I can do hardmodes and you cant, na-na-na-na-poo-poo" they should go try and find it somewhere else. Till then, I'll be happy to get more than 3/8 HM in the only 25m guild left on my server.