Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I only have MOX as a hero. I have all the campaigns bar Eye of the North, but I only have one hero available.

I'm playing through all the campaigns, but my Prophecies character is the furthest through the story.
    You can get the necromancer, Olias, in Lions Arch, make him a minion master. That should make everything much easier for you. You could also get the first 2 heroes from EotN by just doing a 5 min quest which is also available in LA.

He doesn't have EotN.

He would need to take his prophecies char over to Nightfall first to pick up Olias, and visit the consulate docks to pick up the quest.

If you ever need a hand you can pm me and I will give you my ign, not so comfy posting it here for all to see. x-)

Also, didn't read closely enough to see if anyone said it, but join a guild!
    Last edited by nysha; 2012-01-20 at 07:02 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I thought he is playing the prophecies campaign.
    My bad, I completely missread the first post :<
    Still having looked up what mission he was talking about, my suggestion remains the same, set up some bonder skills to protect your happy friend and you should be fine.

I would suggest picking up these skills to your bar and just keeping them up on the ghostly hero for the duration of the event: OANDUcrPGAAAAAAAQk1Tm
    I'd also suggest going some kind of minionmaster to soak up some damage from the regular mobs but as you've only got prophecies skills on that character for now, the trouble might be abit worse than it is worth. Either way that should keep him alive against the siegewurms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    He doesn't have EotN.
    oops, misread that. I automatically assumed that he was going for the HoM items, which is often the reason people pick up GW1 this many years after its release.

I assume he will pick it up. I would suggest to him to get EotN now, if he can afford it (I doubt it's very expensive nowadays).

about 5€ I believe for EotN I believe.
    That said however he can't access any of these places unless someone runs him to Lions Arch first, would take him quite awhile without a runner.
    Hes got offers in this thread now tho, afew of us offered to help and even more brought suggestions so nothing to but wish'em luck!

I want to get it, but as it's geared towards max level players I'd like to finish the campaigns first.

I want to get it, but as it's geared towards max level players I'd like to finish the campaigns first.
    You can go at level 10. You get a buff that bumps up your stats to level 20.

Aside from getting buffed to 20, you can head straight for gunnars hold and run ironfists lair, 15 mins in there and you're 20.

So even for a non max level player it's still worth it? I'll get it as soon as I can then I think...Just need to find a guild that has people who talk o_O

Well to me it's worth it. I haven't played for a while but when I did I went there as soon as I could. You get two heroes right away, plus getting to max level is a quick process there.

Definitly worth it. You can just pick up the 3-4 heroes you get within the first hour there and the time you spend in the other campaigns will be made so much easier.

Deleted
    So even for a non max level player it's still worth it? I'll get it as soon as I can then I think...Just need to find a guild that has people who talk o_O
    Advantages of EotN:
    1.) Access to max armor at the very beginning. In Proph you can't get this until you reach Droknars forge.
    2.) 2 max lvl heroes (ele and monk) right of the bat
    3.) Fastest way to level, just do the Kilroy Stonekin repeatable until you reach lvl 20. Takes about 45min-1hr, even faster if you buy xp scrolls.
    4.) Easy access to some really good elite skills that are available much later in other campaigns
    5.) More heroes. More specifically more mesmers and necros and the the only ritualist hero you can get before beating nightfall.

Also, you could always take your prophecies character over to nightfall and pick up some heroes.

It seems worth it, will I be able to ascend/get the elite armour sets from Prophecies as I love the Necrotic elite set?

You don't need the ascension to get any of the armor. But you will still have to do the missions in order to ascend.

Deleted
    It seems worth it, will I be able to ascend/get the elite armour sets from Prophecies as I love the Necrotic elite set?
    This is the armor you can get from the Boreal Station at the beginning of EoTN: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancer_Tyrian_armor (cost: 4k + mats)
    The elite Necrotic armor is a whole lot more expensive to get and getting to the place that sells it also takes a while: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necro...Necrotic_armor (cost: 60k + cheap mats)

You'll be able to pick up any prestige armor that you'll want. For the prestige armors however you will need to be prepared to do abit of farming, picking up a book before doing the missions and turning it in once full should help you a long way to getting that first prestige armor tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    /bump older threads?
    It is a bit unnecessary...HoM stuff is ok, but the...how do I get past this specific area of GW should be sent to gwwiki..
    I just googled hall of monuments...took me to that gwwiki page that's been linked many times. /shrug
    Maybe we should make a sticky along the lines of "GW1 questions answered here" Put up a link to the GW wiki in the front post as well as a message to ask in that thread if they cant find the answer on the wiki. At least then we could condense the question threads down to a single topic. At least then the mods could justifiably lock those extra threads and direct them to the sticky when they pop up.

Who is John Galt?