Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The best troll priest spell ever? Void Shift

Just trying to see if I understand the idea of this spell called "Void Shift"

so.. I can stand in fire and bring myself low, life grip some annoying or angry person to my fire- swap life with him and step out of the fire?

Not saying I would ever use it this way. but.. oh hell who am I kidding. THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

It would be nice to use against the opposing faction. As lot of people are aware, melees rape priests unless the priest has allies to peel off him/her. So that Pally that has just popped his wings crits big and is almost about to deal the final blow when u void shift and quickly do ur best to finish him off instead.

I think it would balance duels a bit more concerning priest 1v1. Awesome new spell regardless.

Stand in fire.

Void Shift someone when you are on low health.

Life Grip them onto you.

Profit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Stand in fire.

Void Shift someone when you are on low health.

Life Grip them onto you.

Profit.
    Might aswell have copied and pasted post 1 there matey. Way to go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    It would be nice to use against the opposing faction. As lot of people are aware, melees rape priests unless the priest has allies to peel off him/her. So that Pally that has just popped his wings crits big and is almost about to deal the final blow when u void shift and quickly do ur best to finish him off instead.

I think it would balance duels a bit more concerning priest 1v1. Awesome new spell regardless.
    What?? do you honestly expect it to be useful on enemy targets? lol.

Having it target enemy targets, that would doubtful to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    What?? do you honestly expect it to be useful on enemy targets? lol.
    Umm? Did you read your own comment? Ok then mate, why don't you tell us why it WOULDN'T be useful on enemy targets.

Umm? Did you read your own comment? Ok then mate, why don't you tell us why it WOULDN'T be useful on enemy targets.
    Of course it would be useful, it would just be utterly retarded to give this to players. A skill that instantly heals you to full and puts your target at 10% health is a teeny bit hard to balance...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Why do priests always get spells to grief their own faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Of course it would be useful, it would just be utterly retarded to give this to players. A skill that instantly heals you to full and puts your target at 10% health is a teeny bit hard to balance...
    The only thing you would need to balance for this is the cooldown. It's not like the spell would save your ass every time mind. But on occasions it would work nicely for you if you were able to use it on enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because Priests are amongst the smartest players!
    Protip: Don't group with players who grief you more than once per run.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

The only thing you would need to balance for this is the cooldown. It's not like the spell would save your ass every time mind. But on occasions it would work nicely for you if you were able to use it on enemies.
    No, the ability to almost oneshot people wouldn't be fine if they just added a cooldown. It would be broken.

Seriously, the ability to kill anyone else in the game in the space of one GCD is not even remotely balanced no matter what type of cooldown you stick on it. Just consider this scenario:

Almost dead.

Void Shift enemy - SW: D.

Kill them, and also you are back to full health.

And that's ignoring the insanity of PVE if it were possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

I would stop arguing if I were you. There is absolutely no way this skill would be balanced if it were usable on enemies in its current state. Cooldowns are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyphant View Post
    I would stop arguing if I were you. There is absolutely no way this skill would be balanced if it were usable on enemies in its current state. Cooldowns are irrelevant.
    I'm not arguing anyways lol why would you say this? I just said I don't think it would be that OP. Bear in mind it wouldn't happen as often as people think. Firstly, if you are solo say and get ambushed by some allies/horde whatever the spell would at least give you some sort of fighting chance against overwhelming odds.

As a Priest the timing of using it would be a factor also. Too early and you wouldn't be able to finish off your foe and too late obviously would result in death.
    Last edited by Greendog; 2012-01-21 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just planning on using it to get revenge on people who cry in BGies. "WAAH I'M THE ONLY GOOD PLAYER HERE" well then, I'm going to follow you around all match, purposely losing HP, and then voidshifting your health to myself so you get destroyed while I disperse, go invisible, and sneak away.

Rinse and repeat, you're going to net that player a boat load of deaths.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 08:02 PM ----------

I'm not arguing anyways lol why would you say this? I just said I don't think it would be that OP. Bear in mind it wouldn't happen as often as people think. Firstly, if you are solo say and get ambushed by some allies/horde whatever the spell would at least give you some sort of fighting chance against overwhelming odds.

As a Priest the timing of using it would be a factor also. Too early and you wouldn't be able to finish off your foe and too late obviously would result in death.
    You're not supposed to be able to trump overwhelming odds. :P When you can, you get nerfed because no one is supposed to be a one-man army.

If Voidshift worked like Pain Split from Pokemon, then I could see it being allowed for enemy targets.

I'm not arguing anyways lol why would you say this? I just said I don't think it would be that OP.
    You are wrong. This spell could be used to kill anyone in the game in one GCD.

Bear in mind it wouldn't happen as often as people think.
    In PVP? It would happen a few seconds after the cooldown ends. The ability to remove 90% of your opponents health instantly would get used quite often in PVP if you could cast it on enemies.

Firstly, if you are solo say and get ambushed by some allies/horde whatever the spell would at least give you some sort of fighting chance against overwhelming odds.
    Giving you the ability to win despite being at a big disadvantage to begin with is pretty much the definition of a skill being overpowered.

That's true, but unfortunately it doesn't justify giving Priests the ability to 2shot anyone in the game with nothing they can do about it.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2012-01-21 at 08:07 PM.

How about in 2v2 arena, 1 priest mind controls enemy, other priest uses void shift on the mc'd target? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    How about in 2v2 arena, 1 priest mind controls enemy, other priest uses void shift on the mc'd target? :P
    Shhhhhhh!!! Don't let them hear you! They'll nerf it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    Writing this one down.

More likely though, it will just get used to heal squishier targets, like DKs for example. The priest who cast it then goes LoS of his opponents and heals himself full. With proper positioning that could be a powerful move when used as intended.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990