Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Normally I don't wave the "25-man is harder than 10-man" flag too much, however Heroic Ultraxion is very easy in 10-man. There are no DPS problems (if you're decent) and healing it is a joke. Restoration Druids could solo heal 10-man Heroic Ragnaros as well (my guildmate has done it). I'm not trying to start a flame war here but, solo healing Heroic Ultraxion 10-man really is not impressive. Not because of Holy Paladins being overpowered, but a poorly designed fight resulting in zero DPS or healing requirements.

Deleted
    This says absolutely nothing about healing balance. Also 10 man is hard.

funniest thing is, green buff > blue buff if you manage your mana properly. Given the extra dps, the 5 min marker shouldnt even be as much a factor so why not just get red then green. What I would've done personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvpKILLSwow View Post
    I know right!
    Honestly... it isn't even in the Top 10 of this expansion in difficulty for healing.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Didn't paragon say a druid could solo heal Heroic Rag 10m? And that was an end boss.
    They said that by the end of the expansion they think a Resto Druid would be able to solo heal it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    funniest thing is, green buff > blue buff if you manage your mana properly. Given the extra dps, the 5 min marker shouldnt even be as much a factor so why not just get red then green. What I would've done personally.
    I can't imagine that green would be superior to blue considering you can get literally 100s of ticks of Holy Radiance every 1-2 seconds in 25-man.

It's possible I guess but I'm not 100% on the specifics of green.

Either way the mana savings from blue would allow you to cut Spirit into Crit, making blue >>> green, assuming you reforged specially for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    They said that by the end of the expansion they think a Resto Druid would be able to solo heal it.
    A druid solo healed it well before T13 was out after they made that statement, by the way.

Edit: Drat, can't find the log I'm looking for. Well here's one around 1 month after 4.3 :<

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=4700&e=5173
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-01-21 at 09:46 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    A druid solo healed it well before T13 was out after they made that statement, by the way.

Edit: Drat, can't find the log I'm looking for. Well here's one around 1 month after 4.3 :<

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=4700&e=5173
    Heroic? Damn, that's awesome. I didn't see that before, thanks for the link.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's bad boss design if nothing else.

Ultraxion becomes more difficult to heal the less dps you have, so by dropping a healer for a dps you can essentially kill the boss before the fight becomes unhealable for one person. I'm sure a priest could do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    This just shows how easy 10 man is. He is even clicking Heroic Will.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but since you aren't moving when you need to press Heroic Will, as there is next to 0 movement on this fight, why wouldn't you click it? I mean, your mouse hand practically does nothing this whole fight. Honestly, if you keybind it, you're retarded for forcing 1 hand to do all the work on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    @all the people saying he's not an amazing healer: Wake the hell up. I'm not saying it's the hardest thing to do in this game (it isn't) but I guarantee you that 95% of holy pallies in the game would be unable to do that even if they were given his gear. As far as I'm concerned being in the top 5% of anything is enough to classify you as "amazing" in that field. It looks way easier than it is in a video, talking shit on forums and describing it on paper makes it sound way easier than it actually is. Stop talking shit.

He definitely did, FoL has it's place. It's the highest throughout single target spell and our mana is good enough this tier that it won't be a hindrance to cast it. I use FoL quite a bit, especially on fights like Morchok, Hagara or Gunship.
    I tank healed and raid healed as a Healidan (yeah, before Holy Radiance I was raid healing with HS and FoL) and can tell you that what I saw in the video was near constant spamming of one spell. It's no different than the way Healidans were tank healing purely with Holy Light in Wrath. I don't find what's being done there to be so amazing.

Deleted
    I know 10 man heroic is a bit of a joke in Dragon Soul (we do sub-30k dps on a heroic DPS check but it's 10 man so it's K) but I guarantee you the majority of the people in this thread couldn't do what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    stupid question, but does holy radiance perform differently if u cast it on different raid members or can u just sit there and spam it on urself and do the same amount of healing as if u casted it on someone different everytime?
    Depending on your haste you can cycle HR on different targets and have two (or more) seperate HoT's on the raid at the same time. So it's almost always best to cycle rather than to chain cast it on oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    On 10m Heroic, he's got 85M health. They need 236K DPS to beat enrage. This means each players needs to pull 33.7K if they use 1 healer. That number jumps to 39.3K if they use 2 healers. If you lose 1 DPS when you're using 2 healers, each player would need to pull 47K DPS from that point onwards, something that i think many would agree is nearly impossible in 10-mans without extreme stacking.
    These numbers would be right if tanks did no damage at all. But tanks are doing ~20k dps. So with 2 tanks/2 heals/6 dps each dps has to pull 33k to beat the enrage and that is very manageable for 10mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post
    You're right, he threw those Holy Radiances like a real pro, such skill! xD

I'm not complaining at all tho, great for them
    oh for for sure but the sarcasm meter is off the scale
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I tank healed and raid healed as a Healidan (yeah, before Holy Radiance I was raid healing with HS and FoL) and can tell you that what I saw in the video was near constant spamming of one spell. It's no different than the way Healidans were tank healing purely with Holy Light in Wrath. I don't find what's being done there to be so amazing.
    I don't care what you did and when you did it, I guarantee 95% of pallies would not be able to solo heal H Ultrax. You can argue that this might be because 95% of players are terrible, but that still doesn't matter because being in the top 5% of anything counts as "amazing" within that field. So I stand by what I said, I can't stand forum trolls who downplay the accomplishments of others (big or small).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post
    I like how it doesn't even come to mind that he must be an amazing healer.
    Paladin can't be an amazing healer. One button only and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Completely agree with those points. I don't heal, haven't done since WotLK (and that was a Druid who only did 5-mans), but honestly, a good Holy Paladin, with a raid that's likely outgearing the fight, using 1 less healer. This essentially gives them up to another 35K DPS. On 10m Heroic, he's got 85M health. They need 236K DPS to beat enrage. This means each players needs to pull 33.7K if they use 1 healer. That number jumps to 39.3K if they use 2 healers. If you lose 1 DPS when you're using 2 healers, each player would need to pull 47K DPS from that point onwards, something that i think many would agree is nearly impossible in 10-mans without extreme stacking.
    Or... maybe you're forgetting that a tank also deals damage? -.-
    With 2 Healers you have 6 DDs + 2 tanks....

Anyone who honestly thinks that holy pallys are not OP is just plain stupid. Call this a gimmick fight or this healer is just good.. make up any excuse you want. There is no other class in the game that could solo a heroic 10m fight. How do they out gear a fight when they have never killed it before?!? They got the achievement when they got the kill its not like they had been farming heroic DW for weeks then made this video... they dont out gear the fight they out class the fight with a holy pally.

If you need more proof just click this link http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...agon_Soul/hps/ and check out heroic 25m healing rankings... ITS A FREAKING JOKE. 10 out of the possible 80 are not holy pallys. its just dumb really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephriel View Post
    Anyone who honestly thinks that holy pallys are not OP is just plain stupid. Call this a gimmick fight or this healer is just good.. make up any excuse you want. There is no other class in the game that could solo a heroic 10m fight. How do they out gear a fight when they have never killed it before?!? They got the achievement when they got the kill its not like they had been farming heroic DW for weeks then made this video... they dont out gear the fight they out class the fight with a holy pally.

If you need more proof just click this link http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...agon_Soul/hps/ and check out heroic 25m healing rankings... ITS A FREAKING JOKE. 10 out of the possible 80 are not holy pallys. its just dumb really.
    Same thing as tier 12 and resto druids. Same as a resto druid solo healing Ragnaros 10 hc and not a gimmick fight. Don't have a short term memory please. Every class had its buffs in comparison to other healing classes. Shamans in TBC, priests in WotLK, resto's and paladins in Cata.

Deleted
    I find this pretty weird. He needed a total of 80k hps on HEROIC to kill the boss while I did this one for funzies on 10man normal with alt raid and I had to bring 76k hps on NORMAL 10man....

/confused xD

edit: 86k* still only 10k difference w0t
    Last edited by mmocce0f4a8a81; 2012-01-23 at 03:24 PM.