Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do gw2 need a wowhead?

Personally I would love a website like wowhead for gw2.

Easy to find info on crafting for example. Where to find the gear with just the style you're looking for.

I hope we will get it.

Do you want it?
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

Yes and no tbh. Depends what it's used for.
    I like discovering stuff on my own as far as I can. Always feels a bit like cheating to jump straight to a guide. For things like unlocking the traits anyway...some of them are puzzles I believe. Would try not to use it for things like that.
    DEs will remove the scope for a lot of what sites like Wowhead were used for I think as well.
    For general info on armors etc...yh, don't see why not. But I'm also guessing that Anet will put much of this info in-game. They're just awesome like that

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

One of the best curated wikis on the internet and the GW1 wiki is hands down the best gaming wiki I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the very least for a detailed listing of styles and sets, yeah.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

One of the best curated wikis on the internet and the GW1 wiki is hands down the best gaming wiki I've ever seen.
    Never checked the gw1 wiki. But must say it looks great.
    Normally I think wiki pages looks really messy.

Need? Of course not.

Do I want to have one? Hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushkina View Post
    Never checked the gw1 wiki. But must say it looks great.
    Normally I think wiki pages looks really messy.
    The GW2 one rly is awesome though...well worth reading. It's packed with loads of easy to read info.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    The GW2 one rly is awesome though...well worth reading. It's packed with loads of easy to read info.
    Have read almost everything <3

Having an item/ability database is always nice. It serves a different purpose than a Wiki for a game. Wiki pages provide fundamental information about game mechanics and lore, and a database helps to keep track of ability changes throughout patches en masse, and thousands of items details.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    everything needs a wowhead ^^ i check torhead daily when im playing swtor xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pushkina View Post
    Have read almost everything <3
    read: Never checked the "gw1" wiki, as "GW2".....whoops

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the GW1 wiki easier to route than WoWhead. Personally I don't think a WoWhead like site is needed.

Deleted
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a WoWhead kind of website, but a website with some information could be nice, like where to find certain herbs, what DE is where. If the wiki can do that job, that's perfectly fine for me!

Deleted
    Yes, I would greatly appreciate that and I know I would visit that site 24/7 like I did for wowhead with WoW
    Do want !

10+ Year Old Account
    If GW2 is popular enough I'm sure someone will make a clone of it for GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    If GW2 is popular enough I'm sure someone will make a clone of it for GW2.
    Yupp, there is already "Torhead.com" so why wouldn't they make it out of GW2 if GW2 becomes big?

But I know for sure that I won't be using it, I want to explore everything on my own

Honestly the wiki was more than enough for GW1. you could look up any item, ability, quest, area, or NPC just fine. while it did not have some of the tools wowhead has for compairing items that funtionality was not really needed in GW anyway. Only time will tell what is better for GW2. I suspect the wiki will be suficent agian as I just cant see what the Xhead format could really add to it. Most of the features wowhead does better have to do with static quests and a standard gear progression, 2 points vastly diminished in GW2's design.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Honestly the wiki was more than enough for GW1. you could look up any item, ability, quest, area, or NPC just fine. while it did not have some of the tools wowhead has for compairing items that funtionality was not really needed in GW anyway. Only time will tell what is better for GW2. I suspect the wiki will be suficent agian as I just cant see what the Xhead format could really add to it. Most of the features wowhead does better have to do with static quests and a standard gear progression, 2 points vastly diminished in GW2's design.
    I like the whole 'Database' and then see weapons/armor with screenshots and comments as well as info on quests and professions etc. I guess I like the structure of wowhead more than the (GW1) wiki.

Well, Wowhead made their sister site Torhead, so maybe they will also make a GW2head?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I like the whole 'Database' and then see weapons/armor with screenshots and comments as well as info on quests and professions etc. I guess I like the structure of wowhead more than the (GW1) wiki.
    There are screenshots of most of the weapons and armor skins in GW1 and the comments are on the tab labled "discussion". Wowhead is admittedly easier for pulling a specific list based on a particular stat or item level but then again that function was not really needed as every set had the same stats at max level and the low level versions of the basic sets had standardized stats across all the available skins for each level range. Like I said most of the benifits of wowhead didnt really apply to GW1, the few that did mostly had to do with page layout and those were more a mater of personal preferance to an individual which was the better system.

Who is John Galt?