Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t43955-h...6/#post2028384
    Not a world first, but still thanks for the video (even when i killed him a half year ago solo with the tdm bug :P)
    My post. I'm famous!
    Hi

Its pretty obvius when I said world 1st (I dont even care about that but ok) was world 1st with a video showing what I did.

Im prety sure to that there are some hunters that soloed it before me and im prety sure to that the one on elite jerks wasnt the 1st to so... Noone will never know who was the 1st but all will know who was the 1st with a video. Dont take me wrong but is a fact.

Deleted
    Thanks for the thread, will be a usefull complement to my solo career

My wife is currently trying to solo Onyxia and is getting her to just over 40%....have you tried messing with that fight much? Adds seem to be the main issue....we have duo'd it before and I think it just made it harder since we got the big adds with the whelps.

Well you could change the note about the Razorgore bug. It stills works, in fact I just uploaded a new video that allows Engineers to be able to solo him.

As for Vael after him I wouldn't say he was a 5 at all. I've never gotten the mark always my crap tank, if I dont have the dps to kill the boss before my pet dies, I Revive him while hes attacking me, feign death and my pet will always get the mark again. Poor guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sepulturaa View Post
    Its pretty obvius when I said world 1st (I dont even care about that but ok) was world 1st with a video showing what I did.

Im prety sure to that there are some hunters that soloed it before me and im prety sure to that the one on elite jerks wasnt the 1st to so... Noone will never know who was the 1st but all will know who was the 1st with a video. Dont take me wrong but is a fact.
    The method you used seems.. Kinda like the one I posted above.
    Hi

I soloed Flame Leviathan last night with only 1 Demolisher. First I stacked pyrite to 9 and started to spam normal attack. When pyrite stack was going to expire I shot my last pyrite and refreshed it to 10 stacks. Boss got destroyed pretty quickly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The method you used seems.. Kinda like the one I posted above.
    The method I used is the only that could be used after seeing the rogue that solo pathworker 25, way before your post. Actualy any hunter that use to solo knows that the only way to reset enrages or to bypass any harm phase that we dont want in the fight is that.
    With this method we can make many world 1sts... You can go XT 25, patchworker 25, Vezax25 and many more. I just didnt done it because I real dont like using this method to solo bosses, seems like we are cheating.
    What I mean is that your tactic wasnt nothing new for most hunters that usualy solo stuff, we just dont like the method.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This post should be a sticky!

Anyway, my contribution:

AQ40 - Viscidus
    There's a video on it (not mine) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2As-Sx4e3Ps
    Buy Brunnhildar Bow - it will let you freeze. It's also easy to track exact moment of getting frozen - it happens after 200 frost hits, so just watch "Chilled shot" hits on recount. After you've done 199, place a snake trap near boss. Then you need to lure the boss into trap, freeze the boss and place another one right away. If you're MM, you can also place 1 more trap by using readiness. You should also go melee to help, and better use 2 fast 1-handers here. It's not very hard once you know the trick.

Tempest Keep - High Astromancer Solarian
    It's actually pretty easy. You need to stay close to the pet when you get launched in the air, and be ready to re-summon it just in case. Also kill healer adds ASAP, but that's not really any problem.
    Old Gods made me do it.

C'Thun and Twin Emperors are down - check Elitist Jerks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwa Washi View Post
    C'Thun and Twin Emperors are down - check Elitist Jerks.

They were soloed quite some time ago, Twin Emps the legit way as well. Will probably make the list prettier and stuff soon..
    Hi

Deleted
    is onyxia still soloable in an alternative way?

before 4.3 the welps just despawned some time after feigning death and you could just dps ony and feign death again when the guard-adds entered onyxias lair..
    now, they fly back to the nests, but instead of waiting there for the despawn, they aggro my pet

any ideas?

If you're talking about onyxia 10, you can just aoe down the whelps. The guards sometimes doesnt reset either, but they die very quick aswell so you can just kill them quickly too. MD glyph and a turtle and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by kugelfang View Post
    is onyxia still soloable in an alternative way?

before 4.3 the welps just despawned some time after feigning death and you could just dps ony and feign death again when the guard-adds entered onyxias lair..
    now, they fly back to the nests, but instead of waiting there for the despawn, they aggro my pet

any ideas?
    The feign death tactic for the first set of whelps definitely still works, just ran my weekly solo yesterday and it worked for me. The only thing I can really think of is that you forgot to keep your pet away from you or move far enough from your pet when you did feign death.

Funnily enough, yesterday was my first time going through p2 so quickly that the lair guard never came to the lair.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're pet is getting aggro then it's most likely because of the talent that heals it when it uses Growl, which initially causes threat. Though it can be that you feign too late as well. You can feign pretty much every add(s) in any fight as long as you're soloing, so it just takes some practice to really master it. Turn Growl off when you know you're going to feign, then see what happens. If that doesn't work, then I'm not really sure what can be wrong - other than that you must be doing it wrong :P
    Hi

Whats the status on more recent stuff? Like 85 heroics and such. Anything exciting to add here? I know it might not give any particular reward, except for the mount bosses, but I like the whole idea of "man vs boss", and I have soloed a lot of old world stuff between my DK and hunter, so I was thinking that could be a new hunting ground.
    Last edited by Nudi; 2012-01-22 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    strange..
    before 4.3 it worked fine for me the way i was doing it
    (pet to passive & sent pet NE, me feign death in NW) welps moved back to nests and despawned after some time..

gonna try it again today

as for killing the welps "the hard way" - turtle is simply screddered to pieces..this doesnt work for me

Quote Originally Posted by kugelfang View Post
    as for killing the welps "the hard way" - turtle is simply screddered to pieces..this doesnt work for me
    Concussive barrage or slow trap, run in circles without MDing them to pet. Works wonders for me.

I also can't get the first waves of whelps to de-spawn anymore, no matter how long I remain feigning (with pet on passive at the back of the room). I can see them going to the back to the whelp cave on the minimap, and aggro onto my pet when they reach the end. It doesn't matter too much since they come back nicely clumped up so they can be AoEd down easily (Bombardment and Concussive Barrage). I don't MD to my pet though, that amount of whelps makes short work of pets.

High Astromancer Solarian
    Tank and spank, md adds to pet and nuke healer when they spawn.
    I Recommend using spirit beast, because she will blow you up in the air, and your might get out of range from your pet and it will be dismissed, and you will get some hits by the boss when landing. Spirit beast can heal you.