Poll: Will Visa Reform Bring You to Visit the US?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have a list of things I want to visit in the US for a very long time, but seeing that I'm just a student right now, it will take a few years before I'll be able to do it. So if this change is permanent, it might make things easier for me in the future.

-New York
    -Washington
    -Los Angeles
    -San Francisco
    -Las Vegas
    -Don't know much about national parks and so right now, I'll look into that later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I don't thin there is any reason whatsoever for me to visit the US... If I went on a vacation there are just so many better options than the states...
    Yeah, I love living in America but don't know if I would visit here if I was a foreigner.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I don't want to go through those airport scanners.
    meh, it's not too bad, I've been treated a lot "worse" by swedish customs, had to strip naked and had my car completly stripped out without any reason whatsoever, I guess they thought I was smuggling drugs or something, granted I didn't look to polished after an all nighter out in copenhagen but still it was kind of weird having to strip naked infront of a crew of customs people(including a woman lol)etc

I guess I should be glad they didn't touch my bottom lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Yeah, I love living in America but don't know if I would visit here if I was a foreigner.
    There is a lot to see and experience in the USA
    And its damn cheap to, everything is cheaper in the USA compared to Sweden.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-01-24 at 10:49 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Already been to the USA several times, had no problem getting a tourist visa and found security/immigration very quick and efficient to be honest but then I am on a EU passport which I suppose makes life a bit easier.

My husband is American and he spends a lot more time every time he travels into an EU country with his USA passport (and we travel a lot, sometimes we have to wait 15-30 minutes whilst the guys even figure out what to do with his landing form), and once coming into the UK they took him into a room and grilled him for an hour and wouldn't tell me what was going on (and he had a 4 year student visa followed by a work visa here).

Is it so hard to have a tourist visa for US? I've never been there and to be honest I don't know if I ever will as there's a lot of other countries which I would like to visit first.
    But some friends of mine have been in the US more than once and I've never heard any of them complaining, one even had a long-distance relationship and traveled there regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of beautiful places in the US, but since I've seen already a lot of them, its not on my current ToDo list.

To me the changes don't make a difference, as I don't need a Visa and AFAIK there are no plans to skip the pre-registration and especially the fee. It's not that the money matters, it's more that its kind of ridiculous that a country wants money from tourists for entering (tourists leave more than enough money in the country, there is no reason to collect it in advance). Wouldn't keep me from visiting if I really wanted to, but doesn't make the country more attractive either.

10 hours flight, very exspensive to go there. Besides that sure Id love to. Went once up west coast with the family for 21 days. Started Las Vegas and ended in Canada Vancouver, great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Is it so hard to have a tourist visa for US? I've never been there and to be honest I don't know if I ever will as there's a lot of other countries which I would like to visit first.
    But some friends of mine have been in the US more than once and I've never heard any of them complaining, one even had a long-distance relationship and traveled there regularly.
    No it's not, at least not for us euro folks, I think this change would be aimed for people from countries that are relativly poorer with higher risk of people trying to illegally stay in the states after their tourist visa runs out, so for those who have already gone through screening and been accepted it would smooth things out for them if they are going back there again.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    2am is night. That would be the earliest 2.

Do you guys only use military time in Denmark?
    Yes... We are a militant people...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    No it's not, at least not for us euro folks, I think this change would be aimed for people from countries that are relativly poorer with higher risk of people trying to illegally stay in the states after their tourist visa runs out, so for those who have already gone through screening and been accepted it would smooth things out for them if they are going back there again.
    Guessed so, but I was asking as the article said "There are many European groups that meet only in Europe because a large part of their contingent doesn’t want to go through the trouble of traveling to the U.S."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    meh, it's not too bad, I've been treated a lot "worse" by swedish customs, had to strip naked and had my car completly stripped out without any reason whatsoever, I guess they thought I was smuggling drugs or something, granted I didn't look to polished after an all nighter out in copenhagen but still it was kind of weird having to strip naked infront of a crew of customs people(including a woman lol)etc
    lol really? on the bridge to Malmö?
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by cpy View Post
    With their newest law that allows military to arrest/kill freely anyone they suspect and dislike? No way in hell i'm going there. Nu-uh! I like to live thank you very much!
    Who tells you this crap? You're more likely to be shot by a 5 year old than any military officer inside the US. Now outside the borders, we're more likely than not shooting at you... lolz

ANYWHO, I really can't imagine vacationing anywhere else. Huge tracts of national parks mostly untouched by humans. Some of the most massive and modern cities in the world. You can drink our water... (seriously, i am never going to mexico again!)

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Guessed so, but I was asking as the article said "There are many European groups that meet only in Europe because a large part of their contingent doesn’t want to go through the trouble of traveling to the U.S."

lol really? on the bridge to Malmö?
    No I was on my way home to Gothenburg so I was taking the ferry from Helsingör to Helsingborg.
    In retrospect I think it's kind of funny but it wasn't that cool when it happend lol

As others have mentioned, it's not particularly difficult getting a tourist Visa for most people. I have only been to the US once, and that was over 10 years ago. I am considering going to New York this summer, but it's pretty damn expensive to take a flight from Sweden to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by cpy View Post
    This

http://theopenglobe.org/wiki/Propose...s_on_home_soil

And the law passed!
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-of-citizens/

Since im from hipster country (country that nobody ever heard of: SVK) so yeah, i'm affraid they might suspect that my documents are false and country is non existing.
    1) arrested, not shot at. What are we, china?
    2) As long as you aren't smuggling high explosives or chemical agents you really don't have anything to worry about... DO YOU? hmmmm.... What's that under your coat??

Also.... this is going to be very american of me but what is SVK? can i buy a vowel?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never visit the usa, for starters this new visa reform does not apply to Canadians.
    We still have to jump through 10 years of hoops to visit for 3 months.

I refuse to risk injury or sickness and end up in the medical care of the Americans.

Then there is the groping by tsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I will never visit the usa, for starters this new visa reform does not apply to Canadians.

I refuse to risk injury or sickness and end up in the medical care of the Americans.

cant you just... drive to the other side?

Ugh, canadians are so squeamish. hey nancy boys, be a man for once and walk it off. i've seen you play hockey i know you can do it.

Please don't troll on our forums, flame other users, engage in personal attacks, or start a nation-bashing flame war. - Dacien
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-01-24 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    People from my country don't need a visa to visit the States. As for the question, yes, I would love to visit USA, a lot! Many places I would like to see on both coasts. However the plane ticket price... Fuck me .

Possibly when I am not a student anymore and have a stable job, I plan on travelling during most of my vacation time and USA will definitaly be on the list.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-01-24 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    I would love to visit my best friend there but its not only expensive but seems to also be quite hassle so I guess it might have to wait.
    If I would have the money and it would be easy: yes.
    Currently: not really. Being "poor" etc.

Yeah US medical care would scare me too, plus I don't know shit about insurance and that kind of stuff.