Deleted
    Just picked up a new Cyborg R.A.T. 7 in black. Looks like they updated it to 6400 dpi from the original 5600!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    Just picked up a new Cyborg R.A.T. 7 in black. Looks like they updated it to 6400 dpi from the original 5600!
    Kind of irrelevant in retrospect. That is totally unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have concerns for anyone who uses more than 3000-3500 dpi. I increase sensitivity pretty damn high when I'm rocking with a shotgun in Crysis 2 (need those 180-degree reflex kills) but anything higher than 2500 feels impossible to control.

@Drunken, considered the NZXT Switch 810? Not much to look at from the outside, but the watercooling support is excellent according to reviews:

Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-26 at 03:22 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never liked any cases from NZXT, but this one seems worth looking into.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I have concerns for anyone who uses more than 3000-3500 dpi. I increase sensitivity pretty damn high when I'm rocking with a shotgun in Crysis 2 (need those 180-degree reflex kills) but anything higher than 2500 feels impossible to control.
    I honestly want to upgrade my mouse at some point but I've grown so accustomed to my Razer Death Adder 1800dpi that I'm afraid I'm going to move the mouse and be like WHOAAAAAAAAAAA crap. I mean some of these amounts are 3x or almost 4x as much dpi! D:

@Drunken, considered the NZXT Switch 810?
    You... just.....

Now he's going to bother me about this case for the next few days.

Thank God college started! :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    I've never liked any cases from NZXT, but this one seems worth looking into.
    NZXT never particularly impressed me with with their cheap-looking plastic exteriors (especially Phantom) but the Switch 810 is on a whole new level compared to anything they've previously released. It still uses plastic but you're getting a top-notch watercooling case that competes with 800D/etc at a significantly lower price.

It doesn't support Hyper-ATX boards though.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-26 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NZXT never particularly impressed me with with their cheap-looking plastic exteriors (especially Phantom) but the Switch 810 is on a whole new level compared to anything they've previously released. It still uses plastic but you're getting a top-notch watercooling case that competes with 800D/etc at a significantly lower price.

It doesn't support Hyper-ATX boards though.
    All of this being true - I can't help but look at most of NZXT's cases and thinking if you were to drop it (typically we don't, but example!) it would just break apart into a bunch of pieces. x_x
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I honestly want to upgrade my mouse at some point but I've grown so accustomed to my Razer Death Adder 1800dpi that I'm afraid I'm going to move the mouse and be like WHOAAAAAAAAAAA crap. I mean some of these amounts are 3x or almost 4x as much dpi! D:
    Why change what works, right? Personally I'm pretty excited for the Zowie AM though. 2300 dpi is my preferred setting. It's like SpawN is designing his mouse just for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Why change what works, right? Personally I'm pretty excited for the Zowie AM though. 2300 dpi is my preferred setting. It's like SpawN is designing his mouse just for me!
    Yeah it's a good point, though I figure with this mouse already being 3 years old I'm sure it will die out sooner or later and I'll have to make a choice. =S Wish there were more places that let you demo things like keyboards and mice to see what you like. I really want to get a mechanical keyboard at some point, but I don't know which. x_x
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually found a flaw with the legendary MX518, the glossy surface has become slippery after all this time.
    As usual Logitech are on the top of their game and addressed that with the G400 (along with a more responsive wheel), which I immediately bought as my MX518 replacement. That mouse was built for me <3

Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-26 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually found a flaw with the legendary MX518, the glossy surface has become slippery after all this time.
    As usual Logitech are on the top of their game and addressed that with the G400 (along with a more responsive wheel), which I immediately bought as my MX518 replacement. That mouse was built for me <3

Still sitting here with my 4 year old MX518, 20 of the ~45 MX518's that was bought back when the local gaming café opened (which was 2-3 years ago) are still functional and being used. I'm surprised of how solid they are, damn good purchase considering all the kids slamming with them.

On another note, is the G400 as good as the MX518? I've been wanting to have a backup mouse for some time now, a cheap razer mouse isn't gonna do it :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    On another note, is the G400 as good as the MX518? I've been wanting to have a backup mouse for some time now, a cheap razer mouse isn't gonna do it :P
    G400 essentially is the MX518 with small tweaks (DPI/performance/etc) to keep it relevant in today's world. MX518 still uses the old Setpoint software while the G400 has been updated to use Logitech Gaming software which gives you a central control panel for all your logitech products (e.g. keyboads, other game controllers, etc). It also allows you to customize 3 different DPI settings for the DPI buttons, MX518 didn't let you do this. You could only pick a single DPI and it would go one step up or one step down, but you couldn't customize those steps. G400+drivers allow you to do that which I love. The glossy plastic has been replaced with a more grippier texture which I also like.

Logitech's description:
    "If you liked the Logitech MX518, you'll love the G400. You get the features you've come to rely on with improvements in precision and speed.

When an ordinary mouse just won’t do—a 3600 dpi optical engine, 2X greater dpi than the MX518, gives you precision targeting and pinpoint accuracy."
    So yeah, I'm sure the G400 will earn the "tank-like durability" title that the series is known for :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-26 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Kind of irrelevant in retrospect. That is totally unnecessary.
    It sure is I don't play games with it that high, but when it's the same price for more dpi why would I get the older outdated version? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm guess I can join this thread now...

i7 2600k
    Asus P8Z68-VLX
    8GB
    120GB SSD
    1TB HDD
    Nvidia 560ti GTX 1GB (I know don't roll your eyes too hard)

Steelseries shift Keyboard, Razer Naga (had before this setup, still like it)

For what I require this computer does what I need it to both gaming and workwise. J'adore.
    If that graphics card in a year no longer manages what I need it to then I'll have to upgrade but for now it's handling fine, only some minor issues with some of the 3D work I do. And this won't be the main PC I use it on so it's great for working at home on just the modeling.

The only part I wasn't sure about was the motherboard...my computer knowledge would be considered above average but not quite adequate enough to fully piece together the true efficiency of my computer without some outside research.

Oh and I definitely need a new case but for the price I got it I wasn't going to be too picky.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-01-26 at 10:13 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

i5 2500k
    p8z68-v le
    16gb ram
    1tb hd
    hd 6850
    challenger case
    g500
    g15
    23inch acer led

Alas, Xuvial, it's far too late to bring up the NZXT Switch 810 now. Besides, I don't like it's exterior appearance particularly. I really do like the case's features though. They're really good. But not gonna change my mind at this stage now. :P

New watercooling stuff is supposed to come within the hour or so now, as I understand it. I'll throw some pictures up again when they appear, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some pics and specs of my New Htpc

Gigabyte H61N-USB3
    Intel I3 2105
    Corsair LP 2x2gb ddr3
    Samsung Bluray combo drive
    Apex case w/ Allied 250w psu
    OCZ Agility 60GB SSD
    Logitech K400r
    I put this together several months-->years ago parts cost just over 400$ ssd was reused from another machine.

As for software I'm running Win7 x64 home-->Win8.1 Pro w/ WMC, XBMC, PowerDvd 11 Ultra-->12 Ultra, and I recently picked up a used Ipod Touch 2nd gen--> now using a Logitech K400r to control everything.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2014-08-01 at 08:39 PM.

Just wanted to share my view:

lazer sensor, dpi switch, macro editor with onboard memory, solid meterials. 30 bucks.
    3 - years of raiding, works like a champ, doesn't look bad either. And most important - no glossy surfaces, good grip.

Deleted
    That CPU waterblock looks kickass Drunkenvalley!