Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Apple is Just Dominating - Posting Record Profits

This is just amazing to look at from an outsiders perspective. They're just dominating everybody in the Tech industry.

I think they may have enough money in reserve to rival a middle income country. They're also putting up a great fight against their long time rivals in Redmond - Apple's revenue is now double that of Microsoft's last quarter. To be fair, before I get flamed - Microsoft is an enterprise and software company... So yea. And recent rival - Apples profit is more than Googles revenue last quarter.

Just goes to show that if you have simple to use products you can succeed, the general public doesn't care much about tinkering.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/24/a...s-q1-earnings/

Apple announces Q1 earnings, sets quarterly record with $46.33 billion in revenue
    By Terrence O'Brien posted Jan 24th 2012 4:32PM
    Breaking News
    Apple Store Grand Central
    It's that time folks: time for the quarterly running of the spreadsheets. Today Apple, one the most anticipated of all, is revealing its earnings for the past three months and let's just say things are lookin' pretty good for the Cupertino crew. The company set a new record for quarterly revenue and profit in Q1 of 2012, netting $46.33 billion in total with $13.06 billion earnings -- the latter number representing about half of the company's annual profit. That's nearly twice what Apple announced for the same (at the time record-setting) period last year -- $26.74 billion and $6 billion, respectively. In total the company shipped 15.4 million iPads, 15.4 million iPods and 5.2 million Macs this quarter. That last number is particularly surprising since it represents a growth of 26 percent over last year, bucking trends that indicated PC growth would remain flat.

Perhaps more importantly, though, the company sold just over 37 million iPhones -- a 128 percent increase over the same quarter last year and greatly exceeding industry estimates. This also moves Apple back into the number one slot, ahead of Samsung which sold a stunning 35 million units this last quarter. Sales of iPhones and accessories accounted for 24.4 billion of the quarter's revenue. Apple also anticipates to have a strong Q2, though maybe not a record-breaking one, thanks to "some amazing new products in the pipeline." But even if Q2 turns out to be a slow one, Cupertino should be perfectly fine thanks to its $97 billion in cash on hand. Check out the complete PR after the break.
    Last edited by Xevan; 2012-01-26 at 03:54 AM.
    I remember it all too well

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Android still leads. Nuff' Said.

This is why more game companies need to support Macs.

I cant stand Apple. And i dont see how all the fan girls and fan boys will buy everything they spit out religiously. Its weird to say the least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Besides Ipods and ipads they got nothing, google is dominating more then they ever did.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalThreat View Post
    This is why more game companies need to support Macs.
    I've got a very old POS OG macbook that is only useful for browsing but I've heard Steam offers a great selection now. I'll have to check it out when I replace my laptop.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RaffleSpike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Besides Ipods and ipads they got nothing, google is dominating more then they ever did.
    I guess with the sheer volume of Android devices, you're right... But even the millennia old 3GS now is outselling the highest selling Android phone - SGS2

Thank god for cheap labour in China!

Quote Originally Posted by zwoopaman View Post
    Thank god for cheap labour in China!
    It's funny, because you act like Apple is the only company that does so.

Just look at a college campus and you will see why Apple is dominating, pretty much everyone either has an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, MacBook, or a combination of the above.

When you have a horde of zombies to buy your new product every time it gets an 1/8 of an inch thinner, your profits go up!

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalThreat View Post
    It's funny, because you act like Apple is the only company that does so.
    I would've said the exact same thing if this was about any other company that's boasting it's huge profits on the back of the Chinese workmen while we have enough people looking for jobs in the west.

Since when does a quarter last 24 days?

it would be nice to have a comparison of units sold for android based vs apple devices

Quote Originally Posted by RaffleSpike View Post
    So an operating system that is on 50+ different phones leads over a company who has one operating system on one phone. Mind blown.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sylverfox View Post
    it would be nice to have a comparison of units sold for android based vs apple devices
    This wouldn't be fair for judging. Some peple buy brands because they like them regardless of the OS. So the fact that Android is on 50+ phones as opposed to apples one would not at all be a fair comparison.

People talk about how Android has a higher market share than iOS as if that means anything. Of course it does, Android is open for anyone to put on their phone. It is to mobile devices what freewebs is to websites.

In terms of things that actually matter, Apple is annihilating. And what matters is hardware sales. The iPhone is the #1 phone on the planet, outselling every competitor there is. Don't look at which OS has more users, look at which phone has more users.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    When you have a horde of zombies to buy your new product every time it gets an 1/8 of an inch thinner, your profits go up!
    The fanboy comment was valid years back but now the iPhone has become synonymous with smartphone. Even people that know shit about technology go for the iPhone because it is a great mesh of software and hardware. Combining design and UI beauty with functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    We're actually at the point in tech where things are measured in millimeters, so yes, 1/8 of an inch is substantial.

Just shows people are willing to buy into anything that happens to become a fashion statement.

Most of it's still shit, and I don't want anything to do with apple products, and I know a huge amount of people who feel the same way.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by zwoopaman View Post
    I would've said the exact same thing if this was about any other company that's boasting it's huge profits on the back of the Chinese workmen while we have enough people looking for jobs in the west.
    Apparently chinese people shouldn't have jobs either .
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    People talk about how Android has a higher market share than iOS as if that means anything. Of course it does, Android is open for anyone to put on their phone. It is to mobile devices what freewebs is to websites.

In terms of things that actually matter, Apple is annihilating. And what matters is hardware sales. The iPhone is the #1 phone on the planet, outselling every competitor there is. Don't look at which OS has more users, look at which phone has more users.
    That's exaclty it. I even tried android on my iPhone 3GS... would that count for android or apple at that point?