Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    No dont reforge to crit. You have a baseline 30% crit from improved death strike. You seem to be pretty close to exp/hit capped so I wouldnt bother fiddling with reforging to DPS stats just yet.

Deleted
    Well i already reforged all of my avoidance to mastery since DKs avoidance is not that big so it wouldnt make that much difference but the mastery vs. avoidance i think that mastery wins during this fight. Correct me if I am wrong.

Deleted
    Thank you guys for all of your input, I will try and think of ways to increase our raid dps, hopefully we will kill him soon. (and on a side note, I am happy that the problem wasn't me being bad healer

Deleted
    Dont know if this will be useful at all but here it comes:

A bit of napkinmath gives me
    Using DRW on CD = +3.1k dps (this will and has to be more though, but seeing as it's based on the initial DPS Ill go with the current low dps).
    Paladin tank can push his dps by a few thousand (lets say +2k to be low).

That would mean your raid is at ~230-235 + 5 = 235-240 overall dps.

To kill it before 5.40 you need to to 84.3million damage in 340 which means 247k dps. so you dont need alot of extra dps, youre almost there I havent checked properly, but if you make sure everyone prepots + infight pots that will increase dps a fair bit.

On your best attempt (5.45) you were about 6million damage short - inscreasing your tank-damage a bit is about 1.5-2.0 million which is 1/3rd on the way.

On your initial question DrakeZ, no you wont be able to heal to enrage. Without a holy paladin the damage will just kill you (well, holy paladin + bear/DK 4sets, 12 seconds on DG just isnt enough compared to 40 second beartranq or 20 second VB. Im actually really impressed that you managed to 5.45 (my own mark is 5.30 where it's pretty much a dps-is-too-low wipe by then)

I have no idea why you're taking Green buff as a Disc priest. They are the worst possible pick for it since so much of their healing is through absorbs. Whilst the red buff doesn't directly scale with absorbs/shields, your PoH automatic DA proc WILL increase in proportion to the PoH. Alternatively, the blue buff means you could reforge to full mastery/crit and power through the last healing stretch. Assuming you are using attonement for a fair portion of the fight to help meet the enrage timer, particularly using at the start when healing is minimal, your druid should be on red, green to whoever wants it - if anyone wants it (I'm not sure which is considered best for a Rdruid atm, you'd have to check) and leaving blue buff to you.

That's what I'd suggest at least from a quick glance a the healing logs. Good luck progressing :>

I heal the fight with a Druid. In order to get some extra DPS out on the boss I let the Druid take the red crystal and I DPS the boss until green is about to come out.

The only time I help heal in between is right before red comes out since damage gets a bit hard for the Druid to handle until he has his buff. After that he has a handle on most of the healing till green. If needed I will drop Barrier, but make sure it's before 2 minutes in so that you have it ready at 5 minutes.

I try to aim for 2 million damage to Ultraxion by the time I start healing, but that tends to be more around 1.5 million.

Once blue comes out I will take that one and do DPS till I get 5 stacks and pop Archangel for extra heals. Though I will abandon that once healing starts getting more intense around the 4:30 mark.

I didn't read through all of the posts, but a couple of things..

1. Your guys' heals look fine. It's relatively hard to do this with a rdruid and disc priest, but you lasted 15 seconds to enrage. He should have been long dead though.

2. It sounds like you guys have your dmg reduction under control.

3. According to my rough math, you guys needed about 19,255 dps. So even if you hit enrage, you would have gone WELL passed it for your dps to be able to kill it. I would say a good number to shoot for is for everyone to be doing around 34-35k dps. Even then your tanks would have to pull 18k-20k dps.

Make sure your dps is pre-potting, hitting the button with 2-1 seconds left, and potting again during lust. Also, when you lust, make sure no one is phased out, because they can and will miss the lust (though it looks like you have three people who can do it).

In sum, the druid and you are doing an amazing job, but you absolutely cannot carry the team. Hell, you can't really carry 1 person, much less 6 dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducem View Post
    I heal the fight with a Druid. In order to get some extra DPS out on the boss I let the Druid take the red crystal and I DPS the boss until green is about to come out.

The only time I help heal in between is right before red comes out since damage gets a bit hard for the Druid to handle until he has his buff. After that he has a handle on most of the healing till green. If needed I will drop Barrier, but make sure it's before 2 minutes in so that you have it ready at 5 minutes.

I try to aim for 2 million damage to Ultraxion by the time I start healing, but that tends to be more around 1.5 million.

Once blue comes out I will take that one and do DPS till I get 5 stacks and pop Archangel for extra heals. Though I will abandon that once healing starts getting more intense around the 4:30 mark.
    It seems we are doing this fight the same way, how long is your group able to last after the 5th minute breakpoint?
    Last edited by mmoc789d76e24f; 2012-01-27 at 09:13 AM.

The longest kill was about 30 seconds after. We have had attempts that go as long as 50 seconds, but that seems to just be luck on the heals for that.

Once 5 minutes hits I will do Barrier. Once that ends I wait a bit and then pop Hymn. The Druid will do his Tranq. last since he has the red buff and he'll try and use it as late as possible.