Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

The earth is alive. Theory of the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life.

The earth is alive, asserts a revolutionary scientific theory of life emerging from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. The trans-disciplinary theory demonstrates that purportedly inanimate, non-living objects—for example, planets, water, proteins, and DNA—are animate, that is, alive. With its broad explanatory power, applicable to all areas of science and medicine, this novel paradigm aims to catalyze a veritable renaissance.

Erik Andrulis, PhD, assistant professor of molecular biology and microbiology, advanced his controversial framework in his manuscript “Theory of the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life,” published in the peer-reviewed journal, Life. His theory explains not only the evolutionary emergence of life on earth and in the universe but also the structure and function of existing cells and biospheres.

In addition to resolving long-standing paradoxes and puzzles in chemistry and biology, Dr. Andrulis’ theory unifies quantum and celestial mechanics. His unorthodox solution to this quintessential problem in physics differs from mainstream approaches, like string theory, as it is simple, non-mathematical, and experimentally and experientially verifiable. As such, the new portrait of quantum gravity is radical.

The basic idea of Dr. Andrulis’ framework is that all physical reality can be modeled by a single geometric entity with life-like characteristics: the gyre. The so-called “gyromodel” depicts objects—particles, atoms, chemicals, molecules, and cells—as quantized packets of energy and matter that cycle between excited and ground states around a singularity, the gyromodel’s center. A singularity is itself modeled as a gyre, wholly compatible with the thermodynamic and fractal nature of life. An example of this nested, self-similar organization is the Russian Matryoshka doll.

http://case.edu/medicus/breakingnews/theoryoflife.html

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 03:49 AM ----------

An accompanying text Theory of the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life can be found here:

http://www.mdpi.com/2075-1729/2/1/1/

Abstract: Life is an inordinately complex unsolved puzzle. Despite significant theoretical progress, experimental anomalies, paradoxes, and enigmas have revealed paradigmatic limitations. Thus, the advancement of scientific understanding requires new models that resolve fundamental problems. Here, I present a theoretical framework that economically fits evidence accumulated from examinations of life. This theory is based upon a straightforward and non-mathematical core model and proposes unique yet empirically consistent explanations for major phenomena including, but not limited to, quantum gravity, phase transitions of water, why living systems are predominantly CHNOPS (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, and sulfur), homochirality of sugars and amino acids, homeoviscous adaptation, triplet code, and DNA mutations. The theoretical framework unifies the macrocosmic and microcosmic realms, validates predicted laws of nature, and solves the puzzle of the origin and evolution of cellular life in the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat.

Would like a "too much science; couldn't understand" version, though.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

From reading other people's assessments, this seems like a load of bull. Apparently he didn't use any mathematics to back up anything he claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it sounded to me like he proved that the earth does live as an entity that shapes all life upon it due to the basic function of the universe and quantum physics.

In other words, he proved Shamanism is real... O.o (/joke)

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    From reading other people's assessments, this seems like a load of bull. Apparently he didn't use any mathematics to back up anything he claimed.
    Just cause he doesn't use math doesn't mean there Isn't a scientific understanding being made here, Newton didn't use math immediately when he discovered gravity.

Theories tend to exist without the know how, math usually comes afterward to support it.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-01-27 at 04:11 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a bit misleading, as the title implies that the Earth is some kind of living, breathing being that reproduces etc. It's "alive" in a totally different context.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Apparently he didn't use any mathematics to back up anything he claimed.
    His unorthodox solution to this quintessential problem in physics differs from mainstream approaches, like string theory, as it is simple, non-mathematical, and experimentally and experientially verifiable. As such, the new portrait of quantum gravity is radical.
    Dr. Andrulis has used his theory to successfully predict and identify a hidden signature of RNA biogenesis in his laboratory at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He is now applying the gyromodel to unify and explain the evolution and development of human beings.
    I dunno much about this though, just throwing it out there.

The truth is, we'll never truly know where we came from, or why we're here. just live you life to the fullest!

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Honestly, it sounded to me like he proved that the earth does live as an entity that shapes all life upon it due to the basic function of the universe and quantum physics.

In other words, he proved Shamanism is real... O.o (/joke)

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 04:10 AM ----------

Just cause he doesn't use math doesn't mean there Isn't a scientific understanding being made here, Newton didn't use math immediately when he discovered gravity.

Theories tend to exist without the know how, math usually comes afterward to support it.
    Bold to claim you've solved the origin, evolution and nature of life if all you're doing is explaining your theory. Sounds more like he's proposing a theory here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrockin123 View Post
    The truth is, we'll never truly know where we came from, or why we're here. just live you life to the fullest!
    Thank you for your Unduly unnecessary pessimism...

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 04:20 AM ----------

Bold to claim you've solved the origin, evolution and nature of life if all you're doing is explaining your theory. Sounds more like he's proposing a theory here.
    never said I agreed with it, just saying if it is his proposed theory he may find something interesting
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by andyrockin123 View Post
    i know were i came from... Anohter planet
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

I appreciate the simplicity of the universe the theory suggests but I'm not about to take a non-mathematical "theory of everything" seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Neat.

Would like a "too much science; couldn't understand" version, though.
    I bet that Bill Bryson is probably already writing the TMS;CU-version :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

What's the definition of life again?

Doesn't really pass the smell test, tbh. Sounds like another time cube.

Edit: also, lol @ 40 pages of references
    Last edited by rkma; 2012-01-27 at 05:03 AM.

lol sounds very stupid to me.

Stuff can move you know, but not be alive.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    lol sounds very stupid to me.

Stuff can move you know, but not be alive.
    Sounds like you read the title of the thread and then decided to post without even reading the article/paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmoke View Post
    Sounds like you read the title of the thread and then decided to post without even reading the article/paper.
    No I read it, it's just that stupid to me.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    The concept certainly sounds interesting, but a bit far-fetched. I would like to see further analysis before actually approaching this with anything but a skeptical eye, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo no one else thinks FFVII? Still interesting idea gonna hafta read more when i feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds View Post
    why living systems are predominantly CHNOPS (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, and sulfur)
    Because carbon, is the only one of those capable of forming polymers, the rest of them just happen to be the other most common elements on earth.

So if life requires complex polymers then it stands to reason (based on the existing scientific models) that it would be "CHNOPS".

The particle+timespace model of the universe has yet to fail us so far and is not currently in need of a replacement.