10+ Year Old Account

BoE's, Pandaren, Faction, Lvl 1-10 Mailboxes

The tital summarizes the question; Any idea if I can send my alliance-bought heirlooms to my lvl 1-10 Pandaren, and then choose to go Horde with it?

Edit: Apparently you already can. However:

In a similar light, is levelling a pandaren to 10 gonna be the safe-but-slow method of transferring BOE's cross-faction?
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-01-27 at 03:20 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

You can already mail heirlooms cross faction on same server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    You can already mail heirlooms cross faction on same server.
    Really?
    H-uh.

Alright, but the other question remains. Lemme just edit the title of the thread.

Deleted
    Unless it's like Worgens/Goblins? They can't do any mailing or anything till they've finished their starting area non?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Unless it's like Worgens/Goblins? They can't do any mailing or anything till they've finished their starting area non?
    I'm certain I found a mailbox in the southern town during the Worgen starting zone.

Mailboxes exist in both starting zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Really?
    H-uh.

Alright, but the other question remains. Lemme just edit the title of the thread.
    The only thing to keep in mind that *only* heirlooms will send across faction. If you try putting in gold or some bags for the low level alt in the mail it won't send.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

this is a quick fix
    pandarens who have not chosen their faction can only receive heirlooms in the mail, just like cross-faction heirlooms atm
    this is probably how blizz will handle it

Deleted
    There is a mail box directly after you created the character.

/wince

i feel lots of sympathy for you that you didnt know you can mail heirlooms cross faction til now. you have been able to for pretty close to two years at least. if i leveled up cross faction toons and then found out i could have had heirlooms the whole time, i would probably want to suicide -_- cuz i hate leveling. i do think they will probably have mailboxes in the pandaren start zones, i dont see why they wouldnt since they added mailboxes to all the other start zones including the cata ones.

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 04:06 PM ----------

the worgen starter mailbox is a few yards behind you when you first begin your toon, same with goblins. the troll mailbox is harder to find, its kind of far back near where zuljin (is the guy's name? the one who is the troll leader) is, iirc.
    Last edited by lifeinblack; 2012-01-27 at 04:06 PM.

Technically the Unfactioned Panderan are part of the 'neutral' faction so probably wont be able to recieve non heirlooms because they are in a diff faction

Quote Originally Posted by lifeinblack View Post

the worgen starter mailbox is a few yards behind you when you first begin your toon, same with goblins. the troll mailbox is harder to find, its kind of far back near where zuljin (is the guy's name? the one who is the troll leader) is, iirc.
    Vol'Jin is the Troll leader for the playable Darkspear Tribe. Zul'Jin was the leader of the Forest Trolls in WC2, and returned as a boss in the Burning Crusade version of ZA.

At any rate, unless Blizzard changes things, you will be unable to send BoE's to a low level Pandaren.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Probably Pandaren will count as some 3rd faction while below level 10, so you won't be able to send them anything you can't send the opposing faction until level 10. Either that or they might just lift the entire block on cross faction mailing.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Probably Pandaren will count as some 3rd faction while below level 10, so you won't be able to send them anything you can't send the opposing faction until level 10. Either that or they might just lift the entire block on cross faction mailing.
    that would make a lot of sense and not really have a big hit on the economy of a game, since people have been buying things from one faction and taking them to ally through neutral AH for years. Everyone has done it at some point so why not just remove the barrier and allow mails. Even if the mails contain text talking to a member of a different faction - again, we've been logging over to talk to the other faction on our server for ages now. The barriers to stop this are superficial at best.

While I'm sure there wouldnt be a problem sending heirlooms to the neutral Pandaren, I kind of hope they make it so you can't either way. You choose your faction at level 10...and I'm sure youd want to be level 10 when you reach that part in the quest chain...not level 12.