Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is it ok to roll on Flash Point gear for your companions?

I was just thinking. I had an incident in another game that got me to thinking about this question. Is it ok in flash points to gear up your companions from the gear that drops there?

I personally would wait to see if someone needed the piece, then I would need roll if no one else did so. But is it also ok to just gear up your companions from flashpoint gear? My 50 smuggler needs to gear up his companions now!

Ask the group first preferably at the beginning of the flash point.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Always ask at the start of the FP. If there is nobody in the group that can use it, I'd say that it is fair game for all to need. If there is a class that can use it, greed.

Only if you ask first and give other people the chance to do the same. Don't wait until everyone else greeded or passed and then go "HAY GUISE IMA NEED FOR COMPANION OKZ???"

I'd say no. But if you talk out the rules at the start, and if all agree there's your exception.

Deleted
    I would only need it if no one else does for theirselves
    otherwise no, and well there are easier ways for your compainion to get gear anyway, as they can wear orange gear too and mods are common

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I would only need it if no one else does for theirselves
    otherwise no, and well there are easier ways for your compainion to get gear anyway, as they can wear orange gear too and mods are common
    Thats what i mean though. If you see everyone else hit greed on an item from a boss, and you know your companion needs the item, i think its fine to roll need.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There isnt really a lot of point gearing up companions at 50, you dont use them in hard modes or ops, you cant use them in WZ's and ilum. The only place you use companions really is for dailies and crafting. I use my companions to store spare sets of gear mostly (Xalek has my tank set) and I only ever use 1 companion for missions/farming. Why are you so desperate to gear them up ?

That said, If no one else needs the item for their toon I dont see an issue needing it for your companion. If in doubt ask the group first but be aware they all probably have companions that could use the item as well so greeding is probably better. (need MS, greed OS/companion)

No you need for yourself and greed for your companions. Columi drops off the last boss --> a sith marauder rolls need on the same piece that i as an inquisitor am running the instance for -->L marauder wins the roll for his companion. That seems like the right thing to do right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Only roll if nobody actually needs it. It's pretty easy if people just talk in party chat. "Hey anyone need that? Or can I snag for my companion?" and wait for responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want it, need it... because you won't get it when you greed. Who cares if people want it too... no one actually needs anything in that game... they just want. So if you want, need it. Screw the other people, let them cry over losing some loot if they want to be babies.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If you want it, need it... because you won't get it when you greed. Who cares if people want it too... no one actually needs anything in that game... they just want. So if you want, need it. Screw the other people, let them cry over losing some loot if they want to be babies.
    Good to see the positive attitude is flourishing in SWTOR aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    People like this ruin the game experience for soooo many other people. My entire guild switched over to SWTOR from WoW as soon as early access started and have never looked back, so i for one dont have to deal with people like him, but i feel bad for others that do.

And just making a fair stab back at you about the not needing gear thing... We killed deathwing first week of release on day 2, and thats because our tank could only raid for 2 hours on the first tuesday, so if you REALLY wanna talk about not needing gear, start in wow.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Good to see the positive attitude is flourishing in SWTOR aswell.
    I doubt he is a SW player. There is no LFG system etc, you get in groups based on reputation and it wont take long for people to know a ninja when they see one and avoid them like the plague and pretty soon it wont be possible for people like that to get a group to get gear with that sort of actions.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why you're asking a forum of people that aren't going to group with you instead of the people you're actually going to group with.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally will greed it gear if it's a meh upgrade cause I don't want to be a loot whore with greens and such, but if it's a good upgrade for my comp I will ask if it's okay to need. Usually this will allow everyone to be comfortable with the idea, allowing others to follow suit and generally leads to zero drama about loot.

Dragonslayer Koyori proud member of P.A.R.T.Y My Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'm not sure why you're asking a forum of people that aren't going to group with you instead of the people you're actually going to group with.
    Saying you are going to need for your companion will likely get you kicked. So why not ask on a forum and see what people think before going for the "oops I needed for companion forgot I'm not alone" trick or similar. Not sure if this is what OP was meaning though, and even if he did, it is still rather pointless.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

I don't see a problem with it if no one in the group needs it, however always ask before hand if its ok to snag stuff for companions and not to wait until everyone has rolled greed so that people don't thing your are some ninja.

Protip : Communication leads to less drama.

Just make sure it's actually the right stat for your companion, at the very least. Nothing annoys me more than some Consular needing Strength gear for Qyzen.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulturia View Post
    Saying you are going to need for your companion will likely get you kicked. So why not ask on a forum and see what people think before going for the "oops I needed for companion forgot I'm not alone" trick or similar. Not sure if this is what OP was meaning though, and even if he did, it is still rather pointless.
    Hence why you ask the exact question in the subject line to the people you're running with. It's still much more appropriate to pose that question to who you're going to group with and not to a bunch of people you may never run into on an instance. What are you going to do if everyone here said, "yes of course it is." then you go to the instance and people are like "WTF man, you can't use that" when you need roll on it.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard