Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Peoples impressions of Star Wars: The Old Republic

Hi guys

what do you think of Star Wars: The Old Republic then?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread will not end very well.

OT I love it. I'm lvling a jedi now and I'm pvping my face off and am enjoying it immensely. Game is in a good state and will only get better from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Hate it... I love PvP and they made PvP into a mini-game... they gave little effort into it and anyone who says "oh they made an entire war zone for it" That doesn't mean anything, just means they could copy/paste a remodeled world and declare it PvP... there's no arena... the bg's are pathetic and childish... "lol guys lets carry this ball around, that's pvp rite!?!?!" It's such a rubbish game. Can't speak for PvE because i don't PvE, but i don't think it's in a good state from what i've read.
    Arenas are shit and for shit people, in other words elitist jackasses that think they're the greatest thing ever because they're 2200 ranked.

Also how the fuck is capture the flag childish? You do realize WoW has two maps that revolve around that, right?

Tone it down. Post constructively or not at all. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-27 at 10:49 PM.

I hope this thread won't be closed before I've hurried out and bought some popcorn. BRB!

On topic: I think it has potential. I like some things, hate others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    Arenas are shit and for shit people, in other words elitist jackasses that think they're the greatest thing ever because they're 2200 ranked.

Also how the fuck is capture the flag childish? You do realize WoW has two maps that revolve around that, right?
    If you think about it, Hutball is more or less a capture the flag variant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwnk28 View Post
    Hi guys

If you like star wars and lore, you'll love it, if you like syfy you may like it too. I personally didn't like it much, the pvp as stated by crakerjack was EXTREMELY minimal which made me sad. Combat to me didn't feel very fun but that's totally personal opinion. And i thought it was kinda buggy in minor ways (they wont hurt your gameplay).

That being said, the few flashpoints i did were fun, questing was like it was in just about every other mmo, except the getting the quest and turning int he quest was really fun with the dialogue.

In short, i didn't like the game, but if you like pve, or syfy themed stuff you'll probably like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

My impressions of the game = I'm more than happy to shell out $$$ for a subscription until the release of Diablo 3, GW2 or MoP.

Deleted

Just because you suck at PvP in WoW doesn't make it bad. I sucked in PvP on WoW aswell but I don't feel a need to bash others for it. If you make 2200 you aren't the best, but you sure are a lot better than 90% of the gamers, including you...and whats wrong with them being better?

Edit:

I enjoyed the game, but it won't accept my masterdcard (I can pay other things fine with it so the problem is at Bioware's end). If they don't want my money than I'l just play something else...I know few others with same problem as me so I wonder how much loss they are making from not fixing this problem.

10+ Year Old Account

How dare he enjoy something you don't. That scoundrel.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

If i was a reviewer i would give this game a 7/10

Have a 50 Sniper and have done all the raids on HM with 40 valor ranks in pvp

There is something lacking, that spark that once made wow beautiful but as someone else had said i am happy to pay the subscription until d3 comes out.

Plus it takes them ages to fix minor bugs and some major bugs have not been fixed since release.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm better in PVP at SWTOR than WOW, but I was a Warlock. Half faceroll, half destroyed by anyone who wanted to. Just feels like I have time to actually learn to play, and then apply that knowledge instead of "OMG A LOCK" - I dead.

I enjoy the PVE flashpoints about 20x more than I ever enjoyed WoW's, and I'm including nostalgia in that statement. I remember my first time Vancleef emerged from the shadows and I remember the first time I downed Princess in Mara and the last boss in... that level 40 dungeon in Blasted Lands.

But none of those compare to having a shuttle pierce the hull and droids emerge and start shooting you. Nothing compares to HK-47 dropping from the ceiling screaming "HALT MEATBAGS".

I'd pay money for more transit options other than my ship, but I feel the universe would feel a lot smaller as a result.

All in all, fun game, just don't rush through it. WoW has 7 years of achievements, content, quests, etc and it's hard to jump into a new game without those there to give you something to do. I think we've all been pretty spoiled.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwnk28 View Post
    Hi guys

I would suggest reading the dozens of threads in which people have already voiced their opinions of the game. It's a new MMO and it has the same issues every other MMO has at release except the 13 year olds who frequent this site tend to not be very forgiving and complain about it as much as then can on these forums.

I play games for PvE. Because i hate the competitive PvP environment. And TOR is a very good game with some really cool class stories. I would not, however, try to get a good impression of the game on MMO-Champion, because there are too many "White Knights" that will try to make you hate TOR and keep playing WoW. Get your information from an un-bias source.

Yeah this isnt going to end well OP

Some love it some hate it....

Right now SWTOR isnt getting my money...tried it.....didnt like it
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the game; pvp is my main focus as well and I enjoy it.

Does it need work? You bet; but so does WoW and its had 7 years of refinement.

um play it and find out.

not trying to be rude, but the game is solid and well done, most of the comments are opinions, play it and find out what yours is :P

I personaly like it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Just because you suck at PvP in WoW doesn't make it bad. I sucked in PvP on WoW aswell but I don't feel a need to bash others for it. If you make 2200 you aren't the best, but you sure are a lot better than 90% of the gamers, including you...and whats wrong with them being better?
    Where was he complaining about how good they are? Have you ever met any hardcore arena players? They're almost always douche bags, the whole arena scene is just as hostile as the DOTA community.

Arenas also forced Blizzard to go through with a bunch of class changes that only affected arenas and hurt everyone else.

Deleted

Unhappy

I have not played swtor but i hate it and think it sucks. Why? Because swtor destroyed the guild i was in.
    From being an active raiding guild to a deserted guild. Thanks swtor, i hope you fail!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some days I love it; some days I hate it. It is just what you prefer playing. I am a hardcore raider, and a good one at that. I am not trying to toot my own horn but raiding in this game is a joke. I do, however, still enjoy it because I love killing bosses and getting pixelated shiny loot. I am giving Bioware some slack because this is the first MMO they are designing, whether or not there are other games for them to look to for help, it is still their first. If you like raiding and enjoy being able to casually play and see all content- this game is for you. Nothing changes between difficulties other than enrage timers and health pools. If you beat it on normal, you've seen it all. Gearing is a different story.

As for the PvP- I hate how it isn't really skill dependent. What I mean is, I don't like how gear is awarded for played time rather than actually being good at what you do. Sure you can gear up much quicker if you're good, but you aren't awarded anything for being awesome. Its basically 'chance' that you may get something. Other than that, its a massive grind fest that has been ruined with the release of 1.1 (people gaining 20 valor ranks the first day... 40-Battlemaster in a day makes me cry).

Overall the game is great, but does need some work done to it. To those who say its taking forever for them to release fixes and updates... please refer to Blizzard and get back to me. There is always a major fix done by Bioware every Tuesday. Hell, even 1.1 offered up a lot of different things (fixing raids being a huge thing). Before anyone flies off the deep end and starts screaming that things shouldn't be broken at release: again, refer to Blizzard banning world top guilds for taking advantage of something Blizzard screwed up on... multiple times... every major content patch...

Overall I give it CURRENTLY an 8/10. I do believe it has the potential to go up to a 10/10, but thats for Bioware to decide. I've paid my subscription and will continue to do so. Its definitely something relaxing and fun to do.

Deleted
    I'd give it an 8 or possibly an 8.5 out of 10.

Its an enjoyable and well designed game with high standards in most of its content, but its nothing refreshing or groundbreaking to people familiar with the MMO format; plus has some issues with performance and customisation that need to be worked out (evidence suggests however that Bioware appear committed to resolving them so far).

I enjoyed the leveling immensely, and the flashpoints I find engaging and well designed (some are a bit too trash heavy in parts). Even the warzones I found diverting, and as a rule I dislike PvP in MMO's. Huttball is pretty good stuff with the flame+air jets, balconies and acid pits etc. Simple but good.

Quote Originally Posted by Poofngone View Post
    I have not played swtor but i hate it and think it sucks. Why? Because swtor destroyed the guild i was in.
    From being an active raiding guild to a deserted guild. Thanks swtor, i hope you fail!
    Heh, at least you're honest.