Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

One world government

Why do people fear this so much?

I know its a conspiracy so to speak. But shouldn't the world be uniting not forcing itself apart. Scotland wanting independance is completely stupid and is going back not forward.

What are your thoughts?

You want to be dragged down to the standards of 3rd world countries? Fine... go there. I'd prefer not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    You want to be dragged down to the standards of 3rd world countries? Fine... go there. I'd prefer not to be.
    Why are you so greedy? All men should be treated the same and all have the same.

A one world government would be fantastic some time in the future after we've sorted out many of our problems, but as it stands right now, individual governments are better suited to sorting out the problems of their people.

Deleted
    Because I don't want some foreign country to be in control over my country maybe, and exploiting it just for its resources?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Why are you so greedy? All men should be treated the same and all have the same.
    "It's fine if your life is shit, as long as everyone else's life is equally shit"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    A one world government would still require leaders of "states" a true one world government wouldn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    This nay be happening a lot sooner then you think...

People dont ever agree, a world government would be a horrible system. Rather then having massive debate on either side of the fence, we could just go our seperate ways and run our own countries how WE want them to be run. If the world was perfect, then a world government would STILL not be a good idea. Best idea in that fantasy land would be no government at all.

Like, even just the US is having a horrible time agreeing with itself. I couldn't imagine trying to get the whole world in on the same government. It would not work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to have the option to move away from a government you dislike to one you dislike less. Having options in your nationality is good for the world.

Plus, the chances that a world government could govern effectively and fairly are pretty damn low. The world still has too many different cultures who want too many different things. In your scenario, OP, would it be a democratic government? A monarchy? A republic? How would it tax its citizenry? Would there be one currency? If so, how would we deal with localities unable to pay their debts?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Because individual governments are already corrupt and causing shit for their citizens and the whole world just because of resources. Now think what would happen if someone was to become president of the world.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats retarded. I don't want one person to be the leader of the world. It wouldn't be more peaceful because even in one's country there's still hate. There's still starvation. We need countries to act as checks and balances for each other. Countries still need a certain amount of autonomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlich View Post
    This nay be happening a lot sooner then you think...
    Will never happen you mean.

Every religion thinks theirs is right. Nothing wrong with that: confidence in your own opinions is human nature. But telling other humans that they're wrong and stupid for it is also human nature. There will be no "One world government" until there is only one or no religion.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

How would you ever expect a one world government to work even when a government "controlling" a small country hardly works..

People will always be of different opinions and of different needs, which is exactly why unions and the like has always failed, and will always fail. Simply because we are different, by nature and by culture.

Unless every other culture than a single dominant one will be forbidden or "destroyed" a one world government will never be able to exist.

Besides who wants to be "controlled" by a supreme power, when a smaller more individualistic government will be much more capable of fullfilling the one persons needs and demands?

just look at what happen at the UN everytime they need to take a decision and you found the answer. Another good example is EU.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2012-01-27 at 11:14 PM.

Also note that that government will want to reduce human population, read about New World Order, and start thinking by yourself, media lying, if you think they are not, you are just blind. Also 1 government can only stand by total controlling ppl, coz there will be too many rebels otherwise.

Because people do not agree. And probably never will.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Raediance View Post
    Thats retarded. I don't want one person to be the leader of the world. It wouldn't be more peaceful because even in one's country there's still hate. There's still starvation. We need countries to act as checks and balances for each other. Countries still need a certain amount of autonomy.
    It wouldnt be one person, it would be multiple people from all over the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a enough corruption in our current system, let alone a global government.

The saying "Absolute Power, Corrupts Absolutely" comes to mind.

No one man, nor women should ever be given authority over anything.
    Last edited by Valexie; 2012-01-28 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will never happen, too many different religions/races/countries that hate each other for it to ever work.