Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I tried to tell my boss this one time... didn't go over well...
    sadly we arent ready for something like that just yet... hierarchy mentality is too engraved in us and our culture.
    Besides the level of authority your boss has over you is nothing compared over what a government has over its people, the first is fine, the second isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by aekya View Post
    Living in the US
    Ya know, born and lived in several EU countries for 23 years, moved to the US last year to check it out, curiosity and school.
    I learned real fast, that nope, the US is not a 1st world country. Some big cities are, but the majority? 2nd world country, slowly decaying, infrastructure is old and outdated, technological advances are focused in few cities and so forth.

I believe there are only a few countries that can be called 1st world, and US isnt one of them.
    Out of curosity, what countries would you class as a 1st world?

15+ Year Old Account
    No way. Look at Star Trek. They don't even drink real alcohol...

Living in the US
    Ya know, born and lived in several EU countries for 23 years, moved to the US last year to check it out, curiosity and school.
    I learned real fast, that nope, the US is not a 1st world country. Some big cities are, but the majority? 2nd world country, slowly decaying, infrastructure is old and outdated, technological advances are focused in few cities and so forth.

I believe there are only a few countries that can be called 1st world, and US isnt one of them.
    Compared to the 3rd world yes we are 1st world, but if you want to compare us to some European/Asian countries sure there are ones that would be ahead of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Out of curosity, what countries would you class as a 1st world?
    Atlantis, Valhalla, Heaven, Candyland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    I giggled, just a little bit, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Living in the US

First world: United States and its Allies during the Cold War
    Second World: The Soviet Union and its Allies during the Cold War
    Third World: Everyone else

The United States is by definition First World.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

This is correct

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

The terms we use nowadays are MDC's (more developed countries) and LDC's (less developed countries) and are determined by certain factors like whether or not they have 80% urbanization or not and other stuff like the HDI.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

You forgot Happy land and the people living on Gumdrop Lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    The terms we use nowadays are MDC's (more developed countries) and LDC's (less developed countries) and are determined by certain factors like whether or not they have 80% urbanization or not and other stuff like the HDI.
    The IMF still lists us as Very High HDI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_countries
    Putin khuliyo

All I see on mmo champ is a bunch of racists who do not want to share there wealth with people with less.

This is why it wont work whilst you greedy people are around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    The IMF still lists us as Very High HDI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_countries
    Hence why we are an MDC, and of course now that we're talking about fun geography stuff its time for me to go...

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    All I see on mmo champ is a bunch of racists who do not want to share there wealth with people with less.

Way to destroy any credibility you may have had.

That wont happen until alien civilizations get involved. Or a Big Brother scenario comes about or Our Great Ford finally makes an appearance. Either way, some sci-fi thing has to happen. Life doesn't work rationally, so why think rationally?
    That you're offended becuase of such a stupid reason as someone suggesting implementing a custom used in the west world, of which it's history and mythology Warcraft is mainly based upon offends me.

Why do people fear this so much?

I know its a conspiracy so to speak. But shouldn't the world be uniting not forcing itself apart. Scotland wanting independance is completely stupid and is going back not forward.

What are your thoughts?
    I have no problem with one-world-government per se, but unfortunately the factions who are actively trying to form one now are behind most, if not all of the wars of the past century or so and want to make it a very communist style oligarchy where a very small percent of the rich rule over everybody else. That is why I oppose any union, European, North American or otherwise.

What does not wanting a singular world government have to do with race?

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, the money some of us work hard for should be shared with people who do absolutely nothing. Not sure where you come up with the word "racist" either that's an incredibly ignorant term to use since no one here has made any racist comments towards any specific race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    What does not wanting a singular world government have to do with race?
    If you dont want the world uniting it shows you do not see other peoples from different countries as equals.

If you dont want the world uniting it shows you do not see other peoples from different countries as equals.
    No, I don't want a singular world government because there would be no clear logical choice for a leader(s) and the policies would be absurd. It has virtually no chance to even be set up since so many people in different regions have different values and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please explain how a one world government is going to magically make everyone equal?