Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i actually didnt think people were still playing this lol.

And you apparently are not, which means you have no reason to be posting here. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-28 at 03:54 AM.

It has a very good story, the classes are fun, the places are beautiful and the music is just a perfect fit for a Star Wars-game. I also liked PvP quite a bit.

But it still feels rather unpolished. Besides Flashpoints and Operations, it just feels like there is zero multiplayer value. Even with Heroic quests.

I don't know really, I only got to level 35, but that's my view on it so far. I might play some more later, but going to wait until they fix some of the more major bugs.

Well, I haven't been playing for long, but I must agree with a lot of people that a good portion of the game feels too much like single-player. The story is good and I think that alone, by the time I get through all the classes, will make it worth the initial cost of the game whether I continue or not, and atm I don't really expect I'll be playing longer than a month or two past the end of my free game time. Some things are pretty neat, I guess, but perhaps I need to give it a little more time. But WoW's combat feels so much smoother, as does WoW's pvp, which I'm not a huge fan of either, but I don't really care for Star Wars pvp at all.

personally from all the negative stuff i have heard i will not waste 60 dollars on it. i will wait till trial. i played beta for a weekend i got bored really fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Outdated WoW clone with good story and voice acting. But not that good that I'd keep subscribing. 7/10.
    God I can't wait for people to stop using this reasoning when comparing other games, I'm sure I'll be long gone by that point but I can still hope to see it in my lifetime, SWTOR is as much of a WoW "clone" as WoW is a "clone" of EQ. There are a lot of similarities sure(honestly what game doesn't have similarities to other games in the same genre?) but there's at least that many differences as well.

I love the lore within the Warcraft series but WoW has never made me feel like my actions in game made much of a difference where as in SWTOR the actions I make at least makes me feel like I'm making a difference and makes me actually take the time to listen to the story(at least the first time through) in stead of skipping quest text just to blow through the levels.

For me I'd rate the game an 8/10 very enjoyable but there are some bugs that annoy me quite a bit, though none of them are game breakers or annoying enough to cancel my sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    personally from all the negative stuff i have heard i will not waste 60 dollars on it. i will wait till trial. i played beta for a weekend i got bored really fast!
    yet somehow MoP will be a massive success. Luckily negative posts on a forum mean very little in the long run.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Frenegade42;15247723]
    > Lack of fluff and polish to the zones compared to WOW. Where in WOW you would find a beach with critters going about their life, a child running up and down taking and emoting, and a shipwreck on the rocks out to sea in SWTOR you get a featureless beach and pointless mass of water. There's no heart and soul to most of these areas. It's also something that you can't patch. It's a design outlook.
    /QUOTE]

Are you serious? have you been to ilum, to some of the flashpoints to the warzones? the world is very alive the scenery is amazing ships in dogfights crashing overhead into stuff, on nar shadda people getting drunk at the Cantina's throwing up, getting into fights. just because there is no level 1 rabbit running around that you can /hug does not mean the world is not alive

Currently playing it like a kotor 3, story is amazing but i have not done any of the operations (end game pve) because the game in its current state is very clunky.
    No addons, no macros plus spell casting,dot clipping and just hotkeys themselfs are very rough.

Compared to wow where its all very crisp (i know swtor is new it will get better) but i can't do end game pve in the games current form.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Maybe I'm just biased after going through 29 pages of LFG flamefest. I actually had pretty decent experience with people, but surprisingly only on Rep side. On Empire side I was insulted for being a carebear before I even got to level 10.
    Yah empire side has a terrible community in my experience as well. It's like night and day between republic and sith fleets. Ask a question on the republic side and you'll get 5 helpful answers. Ask it on the sith side, prepare to be flamed. With Republic, people get to know each other in the WZ's as well since there are fewer of us. I love going into a warzone solo and recognizing 3-4 players and everyone's doing /waves and /dancing with each other, and coming up with a team strategy. These aren't pre-mades either, just solo people.

OT: I'm loving everything about this game right now and have been playing it since pre-release. Between PvP, the lore, alts, crew skills, space combat, operations, HM flashpoints, world champs, and random easter eggs and items to find and search for, I'm never bored. On my rogue unless I'm raiding, I'm bored in 20 minutes no matter what I do, and I am not someone who just sits around in Org.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    If you think about it, Hutball is more or less a capture the flag variant.
    exactly I consider huttball the highlight of SWTOR PVP. i love that WZ because the main objective isn't about killing, but of course killing helps.

people will QQ if PVP is only about killing and pwning.

and people will QQ when PVP isn't about killing and pwning.

You can't win. If BW turned right, people will QQ, if BW turned left there will be QQ.

I give it 6.5. It's fun, and I enjoy it, but it's not a finished game. Factions are not designed properly; ALL the cool stuff is on the Imp side, plus their classes do what the Repubs do, but without cast times, and since they have a cast time they also have an attendant animation which 90% of the time is longer than the cast time, and the animation disallows you to cast another spell, even an instant if the animation for the previous cast spell has not completed, even if that other ~spell~ was instant and/or finished. It's pretty game breaking. They have made it better, but not 100% better. This only applies to the Repub side, and helped to further exacerbate the faction imbalance.

The characters have very very little in the way of customization. There is little variegation in cloth armor. The AH is a joke, it takes minutes sometimes to locate what you need, you can't break stacks without bugging out your system. Huttball, a pvp zone, requires you to have an open key-slot for "pass the ball." Inane. 90% of people who pvp can't actually pvp, and now you have to ask them to figure out where to throw a ball?? C'mon man. There are massive memory leaks causing you have to restart the game every few hours, and a few percentage of players can't log in at all due to issues. Some class quests are unfinishable, due to bugs.

There are no add-ons like recount, dmg meters, dominos, msbt, atlas loot, so you have no way to know where a certain item that is a huge upgrade for you drops.

It's fun, but it's about 10-12 months from being finished.

Some zones, like Quesh, are unfinished. "Your" crafting skills are worthless, anything you can make, except ship mods, you can buy/find better. People with core i7 950 and 3-card sli solutions still report 7 fps in pvp areas.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2012-01-28 at 05:58 AM.

I have and still am enjoying it immensley... Got a 35 Sorc 31 Merc 29 Sniper and 28 Assassin.. Leveling a Mara atm... its all good for me atm

Love it. One of the best single player RPGs I have ever played, and its an MMO that I can play with my friends!

As opposed to "Oh guys lets carry this flag around"?

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Love it. One of the best single player RPGs I have ever played, and its an MMO that I can play with my friends!
    This is exactly how I am choosing to play the game. My brother and a few friends play with me as well, but it is a brilliant single player story driven rpg, and if you choose for it to be it also offers good multiplayer experiences. Sure the game isn't as polished as a game that has been around for 7 years, but all the wrath babies need to know vanilla launch for that mmo was riddled with bugs and shit too.

the story is honestly all this game has. the pvp combat is terrible. just got done grinding battlemaster a few days ago, even though i said i wouldn't grind it...there really isn't anything else to do except level more alts. i got my sage to 50 and haven't touched it since, which would be my third 50, and the only reason i leveled it so fast is because i already know the story having a shadow and thus captain spacebar'd through everything.

i can finish grinding battlemaster on my operative, but i don't know if i can stand that much huttball.

pve, clear hardmodes and call it a day usually. we did clear some nightmare modes but ran into bugged bosses and moved onto nightmare EV after 5 or so attempts of running into the same bug, resetting, reclearing trash, doing the fight all over again. then soa didn't drop any loot. good times good times. it kinda feels like age of conan, for end game, all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Maybe I'm just biased after going through 29 pages of LFG flamefest. I actually had pretty decent experience with people, but surprisingly only on Rep side. On Empire side I was insulted for being a carebear before I even got to level 10.
    You are biased regardless of doing that. Pretty much every post that I have read of yours is nothing but trying to turn opinions into facts, and slamming anyone who disagrees with you. Your underhanded remarks about SWOTRS "community” or "those people" that defend it here on the forums is highly offensive, and hardly ever constructive. True you have made a few posts that attempt to address issues by offering ideas on how to improve, but they are so few and far between that I have to take everything you type with a grain of salt.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    Currently playing it like a kotor 3, story is amazing but i have not done any of the operations (end game pve) because the game in its current state is very clunky.
    No addons, no macros plus spell casting,dot clipping and just hotkeys themselfs are very rough.

Compared to wow where its all very crisp (i know swtor is new it will get better) but i can't do end game pve in the games current form.
    Basically this. It's exactly what I am experiencing. I am playing the game as if it were kotor 3 with a chat box. Unless you joined the game with a group of friends to do anything "Mmo'ish" there ain't much to do but level characters and see the stories. Overall I am 50/50 with the game, Won't bash it because I do like it but I don't think I will see myself playing it pass another month if I decide to pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    great game, well worth the money even just to enjoy the different story arcs and take a break from DS

Deleted
    Love the game, will continue subscribing.