Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    This is the patch they are putting in.

-Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.

-Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

-Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.

-In Karagga’s Palace, G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator will no longer respawn more than once if players have not defeated Karagga.

-Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno in Karagga’s Palace.

-Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."
    Sounds like repeatedly looting a chest from a Raid boss, and being able to bring more than 16 people into an Operation is a pretty game breaking exploit, that needs to be fixed immediately. I am however quite unhappy about the timing of this patch. If people exploiting the loot in raids was the reason they had to do emergency shut down, I hope some bans go out.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManGaming View Post
    If this 'maintenance' is not incredibly urgent, I'm cancelling my subscription. 3 nights a week I can play this game, and yes, I understand they *have* to have maintenance times and no matter what they piss *someone* off...but seriously, push it back ONE hour, and you will make thousands of people happy.

As for ME: I've had enough of this. It's a new game yes, they have many things to fix...but taking 6 hours, and NOTHING gets fixed? That's awesome amirite?
    Ho ho ho. I remember Vanilla WoW's first year. Twice as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    but seriously, push it back ONE hour, and you will make thousands of people happy.
    Why do the reset/patch/Maint. at 12? would seem logical to have it around 3-5 when most every ones asleep (NOTE: Going off players playing on a server that matches their Time zone)

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    That was last Tuesday patch. 1/24. Like it said on the page you copy/pasted from.
    Ah right, I missed that part. All I did was check the date of the patch notes which said January 27th, so I assumed that was for this patch here.

Well then, I have no idea why they suddenly had a patch tonight then.

Edit: They have their dates mixed up or something. The patch they did on the 24th is listed as the 27th. The one tonight is listed for the 31st. Is the editor over there number challenged?
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-01-28 at 08:29 AM.

Why is the announcement for the 1/28/2012 maintenance titled with big letters JANUARY 31ST MAINTENANCE and who thought Friday night (Midnight West US) was a good idea for a 4 hour downtime?

That's all I want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Here's my imitation of the internet:

Bioware: Here's our new game. Enjoy.

Internet: This has so many bugs, I'm gonna cancel unless they get fixed! FUUUUUUUUUU!

Bioware: We're taking down the servers to fix bugs.

Internet: I wanted to play right now, you guys are all idiots! FUUUUUUUUUU!
    Seems like mindless complaints and contradicting arguments, but a lot of people are coming to these forums asking for an one hour pushback in maintenance times...seems like an easy fix. Also, they are trying to fix times based on a global (both EU and Americas) times, where some argue following a successful maintenance schedule such as World of Warcraft would be more ideal.

Well in Uk servers are down 8am to midday on a Saturday!! totally unacceptable tbh. Im lucky enough to do shift work so get some week day play time but those who just have weekends i seriously feel for you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, Friday actually seems like a pretty good night, to be honest. I've played MMOs since 2001 and Friday and Saturday are always the least busy days. Of course, that's not a scientific sample or anything, but certainly consistent over time. The normies are all out drinking and breeding.

I make babies and get drunk on Wednesday and Thursdays. Thus my madness. If I woke my wife up right now for sex I'm pretty sure at least 13 BioWare employees would get their asses kicked come Sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like mindless complaints and contradicting arguments, but a lot of people are coming to these forums asking for an one hour pushback in maintenance times...seems like an easy fix. Also, they are trying to fix times based on a global (both EU and Americas) times, where some argue following a successful maintenance schedule such as World of Warcraft would be more ideal.
    Don't get me wrong, I was playing when the message came out and that's the only reason I'm on the boards right now, but of all the things I'd like them to fix in the game, the actual time of maintenance is pretty low.

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 08:31 AM ----------

I make babies and get drunk on Wednesday and Thursdays. Thus my madness. If I woke my wife up right now for sex I'm pretty sure at least 13 BioWare employees would get their asses kicked come Sunday.
    Haha, fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ravette View Post
    uploading a patch...down for 4 hours...but absolutely no warning on website..better be fixing major bugs
    They made a Post on the Website, Forums, and Twitter 8 Hours before it happened.

Deleted
    Why the hell would you put a patch out on a Friday night, seriously that is utterly retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    They made a Post on the Website, Forums, and Twitter 8 Hours before it happened.
    Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012

I guess that was clear that we should read on to find out that they meant the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I was playing when the message came out and that's the only reason I'm on the boards right now, but of all the things I'd like them to fix in the game, the actual time of maintenance is pretty low.[COLOR="red"]
    This statement is very agreeable. We all want a better playing game without game breaking elements. Just frustrating it has been 3 days since last maintenance to pinpoint said elements, and even more, 12am on a Friday. 1am pst on a friday? we're all too drunk to care. 12:30 am we're all just pissed off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Ho ho ho. I remember Vanilla WoW's first year. Twice as bad.
    Your talking about 7 years ago, the mmo market was nothing like todays market, stop trying to compare a new released game to a 7 year old title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Your talking about 7 years ago, the mmo market was nothing like todays market, stop trying to compare a new released game to a 7 year old title.
    Here we go down this road again! Fun fun fun!

Actually this thread is starting to feel like the Republic Fleet general chat. I feel like I'm playing SWToR !!!! This is AWESOME!

Shutting things down every 3 days or less is getting old. Not doing full maintence on actual patch days only to have to redo it a few times that same week getting old. Shutting the game down so often and still charging everyone play time is crap, atleast other mmos give you time back if they make errors or have to do fixes like they keep doing. I like the game and maybe I shouldn't have started playing while it was so new but much more of this stuff and I wont be getting more game time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Actually this thread is starting to feel like the Republic Fleet general chat. I feel like I'm playing SWToR !!!! This is AWESOME!
    I was chatting in general too, but then I took a server maintenance to the knee...

Yep, feels like home.