Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sorry but i don't use twitter, i don't want to use twitter.

Sorry but i don't turn on the SW:ToR webpage the first thing in the morning, check the forums for a possible patch on a random day.

They really need to move the info on the launcher, cause the founder title and new instance are old news.

And they sure as hell need separate maintenance times for US/EU servers.

And i'm sorry even after the alleged abilities "fix" my riposte still messes up my rotation cause of the animations.

Deleted
    11.40 Saturday midday and all the servers are down, 1 word comes to mind

Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldurjyoh View Post
    I was wrong, but...
    I see you deleted your original post. A wise move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Sorry but i don't use twitter, i don't want to use twitter.

Sorry but i don't turn on the SW:ToR webpage the first thing in the morning, check the forums for a possible patch on a random day.

They really need to move the info on the launcher, cause the founder title and new instance are old news.

And they sure as hell need separate maintenance times for US/EU servers.

And i'm sorry even after the alleged abilities "fix" my riposte still messes up my rotation cause of the animations.
    The info was on the launcher, LOL.

Yea, this morning when the servers were down, last night it was the same old launcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    Nothing like server downtime on a saturday (EU)

And then there's no word on what they're actually fixing.... But I guess that means if they fail at fixing it, they won't have to defend it.
    they actually DID say what they were fixing, you just wanted to QQ without doing some obvious research

it's now 10.15pm saturday night (aussie), servers went down at 7pm, ok they needed to patch something, however when you launch the game atm there is nothing to d/load. Every other downtime ive experienced since this game came live they have had the patch data available within the first hour.... this time i still have nothing to d/load, will be mighty pissed if they took it down 4hrs and don't actually patch anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    they actually DID say what they were fixing, you just wanted to QQ without doing some obvious research
    They said what they fixed LAST time, not what they are fixing. Do not correct things that are not wrong.

Can you herp de la derpy derp some more please?

Deleted
    I'm confused to why they don't split the maintenance up.... disgusting. I feel worse for those in Aussie though.

10+ Year Old Account
    These kind of "kneejerk" patches are 99% of the time, a way to stop an exploit before it gets out of control.

Not defending it, stuff like that should have been expected and squished in beta but it's better to fix, than let fester.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    I'm confused to why they don't split the maintenance up.... disgusting. I feel worse for those in Aussie though.
    We're kind of used to it, nearly every game has downtime at Aussie peak time plus we've put up with it for years in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    We're kind of used to it, nearly every game has downtime at Aussie peak time plus we've put up with it for years in WoW.
    Difference is we all knew when it was most of us would plan around it. Nerdish as that is.

Surprise maintenance during our peak time on a saturday night is not fun however. I can't bring myself to do homework now that I'll have to do tomorrow though. I'm hardwired in for saturday nights spent doing what I want. Now this sigh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    These kind of "kneejerk" patches are 99% of the time, a way to stop an exploit before it gets out of control.

Not defending it, stuff like that should have been expected and squished in beta but it's better to fix, than let fester.
    Yes, because betas are clairvoyant seances.

Yes Aussies may put up with it in wow but at least they make their maintenance happen at 10pm onwards for aussies, SWToR atm is 7pm, even 2 hrs forward would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Difference is we all knew when it was most of us would plan around it. Nerdish as that is.

Surprise maintenance during our peak time on a saturday night is not fun however. I can't bring myself to do homework now that I'll have to do tomorrow though. I'm hardwired in for saturday nights spent doing what I want. Now this sigh.
    I wouldn't really call this surprise maintenance, the post has been on the forums all day.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you buy an unfinished product even after being told that it's not finished and needs loads of work. But hey, He didn’t care. “We are going to have tons of engineers. We can finish it ourselves. We’re going to want to modify your source code for our special project anyway.”

EA have screwed Bioware over and rushed it, just like they did with WAR. That's why there's so many silly mistakes.

15 mins till servers expected to be up again, but still nothing to d/load on the swtor launcher............ if theres nothing to d/load did they do anything?

Just an FYI, their post doesn't mention a damned thing being fixed tonight. They just decided that 12AM PST/8AM GMT on a Saturday was an ingenious time to do a four hour maintenance.

See here

Also, I'm inclined to agree with our European friends that enforcing one static server shutdown time across multiple continents is completely asinine.
    Last edited by Phraun; 2012-01-28 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I wouldn't really call this surprise maintenance, the post has been on the forums all day.
    I am extremely interested to know how many people check the forums regularly. I ask since at least in WoW they have gotten smart and they post things like when servers are being shutdown at the login screen. I never saw anything about that for today, when logging into SWTOR the only thing I saw was that the servers are coming down on January 31st. So my question is if they were up all day then why not put it there? Why put it in the forums under the a thread named

"Upcoming Patch + Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012"

It seems a very misleading :| One other point, some people do have work and do not check the forums regularly (I check MMO forums a lot but not SWTOR). So there is a chance that a lot of people were unable to see the post about toninghts shutdown due to...work, school, and...oh yeah it being under a thread about the shutdown for JANUARY 31st -.-

Just an FYI, their post doesn't mention a damned thing being fixed tonight. They just decided that 12AM PST/8AM GMT on a Saturday was an ingenious time to do a four hour maintenance.
    Because they just enjoy randomly pissing off their customers? It's one thing to be pissed off at unexpected maintenance, but that doesn't mean it's out of some personal vendetta against their players. I imagine they wouldn't do something like this unless it was to fix something urgent.