Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I wouldn't really call this surprise maintenance, the post has been on the forums all day.
    I meant more 12 hours or so notice compared to planned mainenance that you can predict a year from now. I should add devtracker to my favourites though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Because they just enjoy randomly pissing off their customers? It's one thing to be pissed off at unexpected maintenance, but that doesn't mean it's out of some personal vendetta against their players. I imagine they wouldn't do something like this unless it was to fix something urgent.
    what did they fix? nothing to d/load.........

Extended baby with no eta! YEA!

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Because they just enjoy randomly pissing off their customers? It's one thing to be pissed off at unexpected maintenance, but that doesn't mean it's out of some personal vendetta against their players. I imagine they wouldn't do something like this unless it was to fix something urgent.
    I didn't say it was a personal vendetta, I'm just saying that in light of a total dearth of information regarding any kind of emergency fix they're just making themselves look inept and pissing people off. It takes less than ten seconds to punch out "Hey guys, we found a really ugly exploit that needs to be fixed ASAP, sorry about the downtime." At that point, the number of angry people shrinks by several orders of magnitude.

EDIT: Oh good, it's been extended.

If I wasn't so annoyed by it, I would probably find it very comical.

Extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    While I'm not particulary happy with their lackluster communications I'm more than willing to take a break for a few hours so that the game is better (and less buggy) afterwards.
    Only problem is, with Bioware's track record so far with patches and "fixes" they end up breaking more shit than they fix. Seriously, I've been more frustrated AFTER a patch or fix than I was before it. And no, it's not because I was exploiting something and they took it away from me. It's because something that was working perfectly fine is now broken ON TOP OF the fact that what they tried to fix is STILL broken anyway. And the fact that they more often than not cut their down times short, and then have to have MORE down times in order to fix the shit they should have fixed the first time. Add all of this to the fact that they brought down servers on a FRIDAY night (when a lot of people stay up late to play games) instead of just waiting a few more days until the scheduled maintenance time. And when they bring servers down, multiple nights in a row, during my play time (I work evenings and sleep during the morning and early afternoon), I get little opportunity to play some weeks. And I call BS when people say that 2 AM isn't peak time. I've seen just as many, if not more people on at 2 AM as what I did at 3PM, 6PM, 9PM, etc, etc.

Yes, I know this is an MMO and MMO's have these kinds of problems. But come on...it's 2012. Some of this shit should not still be taking place. At least not at the levels that it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    If I wasn't so annoyed by it, I would probably find it very comical.

Extended.
    Annoyed was'nt my first choice of words when i read the launcher.....

Deleted
    @SWTOR We'll be extending the #SWTOR maintenance, no current ETA. We will let you know when the servers are live. Thank you for your patience.

Deleted
    It's like they are trying really hard to demonstrate how having EU and US maintenance at the same time is a terrible idea.

Funny how their forums are pretty much always offline or in read only mode when maintenance is happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Extended baby with no eta! YEA!

<3

They better have a good excuse for this, its a Saturday afternoon in EU, first time iv ever seen an MMO have downtime during a Saturday afternoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Yes, because betas are clairvoyant seances.
    That's hardly what I mean, they missed so many things that other games have gone through. Item duping, PvE and PvP exploits, billed customers multiple times first month, engine is completey unoptimized, server populations are heavily Empire, very little end game...

I don't think BW avoided a single problem, every MMO for the last 10 years has expirenced. It's all fixable now, but at the game's peril.
    Last edited by Primernova; 2012-01-28 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    darn stupid maintenace, now its extended with no ETA, i wanted to put my WZ bot on before i went out....

Quote Originally Posted by gorgen View Post
    Annoyed was'nt my first choice of words when i read the launcher.....
    Hehe, not mine either. But I try to moderate myself before posting

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of their reason they could have handled this entire situation better. My friend likes to refer to this entire game as a beta still, saying we all just bought this game in its beta with all the bugs it has :|

Yay maintenance extended, don't you just love Bioware?
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Regardless of their reason they could have handled this entire situation better. My friend likes to refer to this entire game as a beta still, saying we all just bought this game in its beta with all the bugs it has :|
    To be honest when people say the game is still in beta it just makes them sound like a whiny child. However when Bioware chooses to run maintenance seems less than desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    This is the patch they are putting in.

-Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.

-Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

-Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.

-In Karagga’s Palace, G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator will no longer respawn more than once if players have not defeated Karagga.

-Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno in Karagga’s Palace.

-Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."
    It is all about that chest which was being farmed and farmed and farmed and farmed

You need to decide, do you want them to leave exploits in for long periods of time; as in they become general knowledge; or is it better to fix them fast.

They had the split stack bug for so long it was hilarious how many people had over a million credits, worse they let them keep them.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    It is all about that chest which was being farmed and farmed and farmed and farmed
    That patch was deployed last week.

Dooz, you need to edit your post so people stop quoting that. >.>
    Last edited by Phraun; 2012-01-28 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    How hard can it be to disable one chest or lock that zone out or disable looting that chest etc. I'd rather see that single boss/chest disabled and let the few thousand people affected by that wait until Tuesday than see the entire playerbase prevented from playing, especially during all Aussie and most EU players peak times.

Retarded. Regardless of how important it was for them to patch and fix these so called "issues" right now, it is beyond stupid that they chose to do it on friday night and now into saturday morning. It's the weekend. You know...when people are off work and school and want to play video games. I HIGHLY doubt that these "issues" couldn't have waited till tuesday to be addressed. Another strike against Bioware in my book.