10+ Year Old Account

Dual Faction Raid Idea

Yes its early to think about this but here it is anyway...
    With MoP being based mostly on the alliance/horde war (unless I've been reading the info wrong) what do you guys think about teaming up for the final tier of the expansion. (and maybe some other things)

Every end boss is been some monumental thing that has endangered the entire planet and while the only instance that I remember seeing both factions actually doing something is the gunship in ICC and a few times where NPCs were talking.

So what if there was basically a joint operation of the 2 factions? Get that server participation back that hasn't been seen since the days of the Ahn'qiraj opening. Id imagine that at some point our faction leaders would get there shit straight and be up for the idea after quite a bit of persuasion.

It could open up a lot of fun things to do. Allow instances where one team downs a particular part, and the other team contributes in a different way. Then change it up the following week.

Ex: Week 1. Alliance fight a giant type boss. While they fight the boss on the ground, taking out adds, destroying legs and making him wobble, the horde would be in a gunship and hitting him in the eyes so he can't see and doesn't just run around stepping on people like a giant would.

Week 2. Vise Versa.

If its to difficult to get a horde and alliance raid being set up at the same time, then just have a NPC raid that can basically just do what the opposite faction would do for that raid. But allow a system that if 2 raids want to try and get together and do it they

Communication wise, have a horde and alliance leader being present at the fight, and allow each faction to talk to the other through their said leaders.

Getting 2 different sides of the instance would keep it from getting boring as hell and drawn out like most instances have become near the end of tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never gonna happen. Unless they kill Varian and Garrosh. Sorry mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I'll add this now.

I understand that given current situations with the faction leaders personalities its unlikely that this would happen. No need for future posts to say if it can or cant happen. Im just looking for constructive information on the topic (would it work [mechanic, not lore wise], would you enjoy this, etc)

That said, if it did happen would you all be behind the idea? And if not what would you like to see that falls in the same lines but you could see being more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you people, and the op have obviously never played vanilla wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god I hope garrosh dies. Vol'jin should lead the horde. and sexy Tyrande should lead the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been playing since MC dropped T1 and T2, I played when Hakkars debuff could be brought out of the instance and infected other players in cities, I remember when UBRS was a raid and Instructor Rav in Naxx actually required a MC and not just a silly orb to do it for ya. Dont assume If ya want my armory just ask, but I hate assumptions, its a clear signature of ignorance.

Too complicated to implement, and besides, Blizzard is trying to make the two factions fight each other, not work together. It takes long enough for Blizzard to make a raid, so making one for 20-50 people would be an eternity.

Not unlikely at all. In fact Alliance and Horde have effectively been on the same "side" in every raid tier in WoW. In ICC we fought each other to get to the Lich King first, which was pretty stupid considering we were fighting for the same thing. Other than that we've been fighting invisibly side-by-side. Wouldn't be a big stretch at all for them to make a raid where the factions work together in some way. Though I doubt they will for MoP at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zennyo View Post
    Ive been playing since MC dropped T1 and T2, I played when Hakkars debuff could be brought out of the instance and infected other players in cities, I remember when UBRS was a raid and Instructor Rav in Naxx actually required a MC and not just a silly orb to do it for ya. Dont assume If ya want my armory just ask, but I hate assumptions, its a clear signature of ignorance.
    naxx25 didnt have the orbs. Naxx10 did but that was because you can't expect a 10man to have 2 priests
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

While it would be nice... Highly doubtful all things considering that Hellscream is poised to attack Theramore... and there is going to be a big war ahead of us... Why would i like to help my enemy??? When this "Big Giant" is attacking the alliance... Isnt the enemy of my enemy my friend?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awakar View Post
    Too complicated to implement, and besides, Blizzard is trying to make the two factions fight each other, not work together. It takes long enough for Blizzard to make a raid, so making one for 20-50 people would be an eternity.
    I agree, I would really only suggest something like this as the final raid of MoP. Basically when the expansion reaches its climax and it actually requires us to work together. And not working together as in each faction raids the exact same content, but actually implement some show of face showing that it we're working together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea but it would be strange unless they had separate entrances for both factions on a pvp server. It would also be weird in MOP since they are trying harder this expanse to have more pvp going on.

Deleted
    It would feel really weird if it wasn't some kind of super easy world boss.

Having to coordinate 2 group of players you aren't supposed to talk to sounds bad.

The npc idea sounds somewhat sensible but I'm not surre if Blizz wants to go down the path of peace between factions (I really doubt it).
    After all you need to have a reason to do BGs and world pvp.

Deleted
    Sounds like fun, BUT u need an equal PVE community do to this. Or ur idea becomes just a change of raidboss every 2 weeks.