D3 won't have delay issues

This was posted a while ago;
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...h-ping-players

It shows a comparison of D3 (updated server:client infrastructure) to D2 (quite old as we all know). You can see that the delay he has as an Australian no longer exists when he plays D3. I know a lot of people have worried about this, so here you go. This is, of course, of particular interest to those people who are too scared to play hardcore simply because of their internet speed.

Of course, random DCs might still kill you, but hey, what's life without taking risks, yeah?
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-01-31 at 02:59 AM.

Deleted
    Hmm, I read the starting post and though well this will make some people happy - but then, the majority of comments afterwards seem to be from people disputing it and those saying they are playing in AU and experiencing problems in the beta.

In a perfect world with no network hops and 0 resistance wires there will ALWAYS be delay due to speed of light/distance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatoitchi View Post
    In a perfect world with no network hops and 0 resistance wires there will ALWAYS be delay due to speed of light/distance.
    In a perfect world there would be no speed of light limitations and 0 ms delay internet connections would grow on trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    In a perfect world there would be no speed of light limitations and 0 ms delay internet connections would grow on trees.
    Thats jackshit. sorry if beeing rude, but in a world without a limitation to the speed of light we end up having the effect before the reason , which in my eyes is FAR from perfect. besides we wouldnt have humans or any intellugent life then as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Thats jackshit. sorry if beeing rude, but in a world without a limitation to the speed of light we end up having the effect before the reason , which in my eyes is FAR from perfect. besides we wouldnt have humans or any intellugent life then as well.
    In a perfect world, things like internet connections can ignore the limitations (stopping at no delay, not having the effect before the reason as you mentioned) and let's just leave everything else as it is until someone who understands this more than me decides what would be optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my perfect world all women have D+ breast size and Diablo3 is already out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post

In your world you put Diablo 3 and women together?? interesting..

OP: Really interesting to know how is going to work out. It also benefits me a ton
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    you're my hero

Of course D3 wont have delay issues, it already has major ones...
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    Of course D3 wont have delay issues, it already has major ones...
    Plus it's coming out for consoles now so they might want to do a simultaneous release knowing blizzard so there might be a wait for that.

Apparently speed of light limitations part can be violated by some particles : http://astrobites.com/2011/11/21/app...ng-lightspeed/

Lysah, you should have used "latency" instead of "delay" in the thread title. I thought the topic would be about a release date

Not an expert in the subject, but judging from the comments on that site, I wouldn't completely trust this video.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Lysah, you should have used "latency" instead of "delay" in the thread title. I thought the topic would be about a release date

Not an expert in the subject, but judging from the comments on that site, I wouldn't completely trust this video.
    i was thinking release date too when i entered this thread haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Lysah, you should have used "latency" instead of "delay" in the thread title.
    Yeah, I guess.

I wouldn't trust the comments, either. A lot of people will argue just to argue or are just plain stupid and don't know what they're talking about. I don't have a bad internet connections, so I can't really test this myself, but I do know they've taken measures to reduce server lag in D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    On topic: I came in here expecting it to be about the release date. However, it's good that we won't be stuck with some annoying microlag caused by bad netcode. With that said, i still prefer games that are truly offline. SC2 is partially ruined here for me because when i DC from the net completely, even if playing against bots only, i have to wait until my net comes back up before i can play again. D3 is gonna have the same issue. I can see why it's done (even if it was only done from an anti-piracy standpoint) but i can't honestly approve of it.
    You can play SC2 offline... if you open SC2 without a connection it will allow you to play the campaign or vs AI. You can also choose the "Play as Guest" option when starting up to play against AI or play the campaign, still not using the internet.

Don't think so either..