Thread: GW2 Peripherals

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    What about click to target and moving the camera to check your surroundings? O.o
    I played a rogue, so you never stop moving, so it's easy to know what's around you. For target swaps I would just deselect, then when you get into melee range of your target you hit your main attack (which is macro'd with /startattack) so you automatically pick up your target.

It wasn't ideal, but separating movement and skill activation really helped me learn to stop clicking.

Nowadays (although I'm not playing any games atm), I use my G13's joystick for movement (as forward/backwards/strafe).
    I could literally see the difference on Atramedes as melee. Everyone else would be clunkily running around the sound circle thing and losing dps, whereas I just moved in a smooth manner and never lost any damage. I honestly believe it gives me a huge advantage.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I've tried to do the mouse steering thing, god knows I have...but it never goes well. I think I'm just too used to WASD...
    I used WASD with A and D as strafe, mouse camera movements and steering is much faster than using the keyboard. It is a lot faster to steer with the mouse. I could never run with the mouse though; only with click to move.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to do the mouse steering thing, god knows I have...but it never goes well.
    A thing that really helped me was hacking the Wow mouse bindings that the game doesn't let you rebind. It's much easier to hold the right mouse button to run/steer than to hold left+right or push scroll (if I remember the factory binds correctly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    A thing that really helped me was hacking the Wow mouse bindings that the game doesn't let you rebind. It's much easier to hold the right mouse button to run/steer than to hold left+right or push scroll (if I remember the factory binds correctly).
    Hmmmm - thanks for the tip...I think I *would* find that much easier. Cookies for you :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cookies for you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

G500
    G15

Seriously..best set up ever.

mmm i only use a mouse keyboard. Used combination of mouse and keyboard keys to move when i played WoW and had my most useful skills bound to 1-6 which i can reach with my fingers then 7-0 i would click with my mouse.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    G500
    G15

Seriously..best set up ever.
    I really dislike Logitech. Logitech and any other company that just does right handed mouses!(?)Mice!!

I'm a lefty so I have to use ambidextrous stuff. I'm happy with my mouse though, it's 4 years old and still works as though I took it out the box yesterday. (:

I like running and steering with mouse because its easier to circle slash.

ps: Idk if its actually called circle slashing but it sounds right xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, since one of the panels is on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    Razer nostromo + a Razer naga.

Just a naga is more than enough. After having my naga for almost a year, I can easily say it is a huge quality of life improvement. Can you do all the same things you do with a naga without one? Yes, but it is much harder. Does having 15 macroable buttons, not including all the shift and ctrl modifiers make for a great deal of flexibility? Yes!

Deleted
    I really don't like mouse walking/running. I know it frees up your entire left hand, but it just feels weird to me and it makes my fingers really tired lol..
    I prefer WA(S?)D strafing with the mouse just for steering. I hope we get to rebind everything, because I really hate F1-F4 keybinds and I'd also like to be able to rebind weapon swapping and dodging and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear
    incoming list of left handed keybindings that I used in wow and other games. (get ready)

Shift+1,2,3,4,5,6
    CTRL+1,2,3,4,5,6
    q,e,r,t,y,f,g,h,z,x,c
    Shift+q,e,z,x,f,g,h
    `, Shift+`, \
    F1,F2,F3,F4,F5
    Shift+F1,F2,F3,F4,F5
    CTRL+F1,F2,F3,F4,F5
    Shift+ Mousewheel down, Shift+Mousewheel up.
    CTRL+ Mousewheel down, CTRL+mousewheel up.
    Mousebutton 3+4
    Used to require key binding listings and UI screenshot for our guild applicants. Anyone with default binds or UI was rejected outright. We relaxed the UI reqs a bit, but key bindings are so important. You, sir, are playing properly. :P

My next mouse(if the price is right)

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I really dislike Logitech. Logitech and any other company that just does right handed mouses!(?)Mice!!

I'm a lefty so I have to use ambidextrous stuff. I'm happy with my mouse though, it's 4 years old and still works as though I took it out the box yesterday. (:
    I'm left handed as well, however I've always used right-handed peripherals, and I've never felt hindered. I suppose if you always used a left-handed mouse, you might feel differently. But with all the different computers I end up having to use with my job, and in places other than my home, I'd hate to be dependent on a lefty-mouse.

On another note, I use a G13 gamepad, a G510 keyboard, and an MX518 mouse. I have my keybinds on the G13 set up as follows:

Esc 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Tab 7 8 9 0 - =
    Shift Z X C V
    Ctrl Q E

I'll use the mouse buttons 4 and 5 in combination with those modifiers as well, and the buttons near the d-pad to "shift state" to map to other functions as needed.

The G13 takes probably a good week or two to get used to. But now I can't imagine not using it - I'd feel handicapped without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Used to require key binding listings and UI screenshot for our guild applicants. Anyone with default binds or UI was rejected outright. We relaxed the UI reqs a bit, but key bindings are so important. You, sir, are playing properly. :P
    In WOTLK, during ICC raids, I was kitty druid and I was almost always 1st on the dps list, as a clicker, without saurfang trinket. Now, I've started using bindings more thanks to other games actually only working that way, but people saying that bindings are the only way to go are a bit short-sighted imo. Some people like me just suck at bindings but are pretty damn quick with that mouse. I did never PvP though, so yeh, bindings there are kinda useful.

Now I'm not saying it's the best, most practical thing to click. Still, I won't click anymore in GW2. The game looks nice enough to look 100% at the environment.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-31 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post

My next mouse(if the price is right)
    You can pre-order it now. $129us/$139cdn, not available outside North America yet. $10 higher than the new Naga. So far, I've only found it on Madcatz store site. I'm waiting for a dealer nearby where I live to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    In WOTLK, during ICC raids, I was kitty druid and I was almost always 1st on the dps list, as a clicker, without saurfang trinket. Now, I've started using bindings more thanks to other games actually only working that way, but people saying that bindings are the only way to go are a bit short-sighted imo. Some people like me just suck at bindings but are pretty damn quick with that mouse.
    That's nice. You were most likely playing with others of lower skill though.

There is no subjectivity in this; the time to click & move the mouse on the screen is a slower input method from device-to-game. Let me say that flatly again, that is not an opinion.

I don't know what the state of gameplay was during Wrath ICC. I quit the game by then. I shall take your word for it you were awesome though. Certainly "clickers" can do well.. you're probably not going to be playing with us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    You can pre-order it now. $129us/$139cdn, not available outside North America yet. $10 higher than the new Naga. So far, I've only found it on Madcatz store site. I'm waiting for a dealer nearby where I live to get it.
    Ya I just saw that, price wasn't announced when I first heard about it.

Its a little to much for me, guess I will stick with my R.A.T. 7