Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone confirm an increase in performance?

Does driver design depend on information from the developer or do they just make drivers as they see fit?
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    That's not weird at all actually. CCC should have a activity/temp monitor keep an eye on it if you OC again.
    I don't OC it at all, this is underclocked from default settings. Temp is fine.

Deleted
    updating drivers makes no diffrence ar all for fps issues in fleet and ilum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    Well, that certainly does suck right there.

Back to learning how to play FPSers.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    READ: "updating drivers makes no diffrence at all for fps issues in fleet and ilum FOR ME"

Some of us have no trouble whatsoever on Ilum or on the fleet and run on ATI cards with ATI drivers. Constant 111 FPS
    Last edited by Rife; 2012-02-01 at 06:20 AM.

I run 2 6950's on a 2600k, never dipped under 100 fps

I dont have any big problems right now. So ill stick to my "if it ain't broken, dont fix it". Im afraid its more likely to screw things up then add anything noticeable.

I don't have any lags (the only time it was slow, was in Illum with 2x raids or even more vs each other), but ingame AA just won't work for me and I have to sit with forced AA all the time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    READ: "updating drivers makes no diffrence at all for fps issues in fleet and ilum FOR ME"

Some of us have no trouble whatsoever on Ilum or on the fleet and run on ATI cards with ATI drivers. Constant 111 FPS
    may I ask what kind of system do you have dude?
    I got an i52500k OC at 4.3 Ghz, a Sapphire 6970 and I can't get more than 30 fps on the fleet when crowded .
    editntopic I updated to 12.2 preview drivers, game works fine, well fine as in as usual.

I upgraded on Monday due to some pretty bad problems I was having not only in SWTOR but in other games as well (WoW and Rift to be specific). I had been using the drivers from November (at least I remember downloading around Thanksgiving). Since I began playing SWTOR I had frequently had problems going upwards of 2500+ when going into combat. I will say, since installing the latest I have noticed this doesn't happen quite as often. I also lowered my settings just a bit and things seem to be running a lot smoother. I have a HD 5760 that came with my computer that I think I bought about 18 months ago or so. My FPS is around the 30-40 mark pretty much everywhere (IF, Krass, out questing).

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Anyone updated to this driver and tried it? I'm usually weary about doing so until someone else has taken the leap of faith.

Ya I installed them and they seem to work great, no problems, no more tearing no more random green lights or balck screens. Ran the card set to max graphics in a 16 man op and also had no issues there

I installed them yesterday and the game started to crash in flashpoints. I also had visual stutters. I rolled back the drivers and it is stable again.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Anyone updated to this driver and tried it? I'm usually weary about doing so until someone else has taken the leap of faith.
    Updated as soon as it came out. Game keeps rolling well as it did before.

there are problems with graphics in this game? I have an ATI 6870 and running everything on max I'm getting steady 60fps at 1080p, not sure what a driver update is supposed to fix...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    there are problems with graphics in this game? I have an ATI 6870 and running everything on max I'm getting steady 60fps at 1080p, not sure what a driver update is supposed to fix...
    GEach update will have a bulk load of minor fixes or even major fixes designed to increase performance for particular applications. That doesn't mean a driver update will have necessary changes for the application you want it too as any graphics company is limited by the developers that send them the necessary information to make adjustments to their drivers for optimal performance.

Yes, it is possible that new drivers will have a negative impact on particular games but if that is the case you can always run a system restore to a time prior to the driver update.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 12.1 driver improved a lot with the game, I've been using it since the preview driver came out.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Question. Should I update my 12.1 preview driver?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2NE1 View Post
    Question. Should I update my 12.1 preview driver?
    Yes. Several bugs with the preview one that were fixed, like allowing overscan to be saved.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I run 2 6950's on a 2600k, never dipped under 100 fps
    Crossfire doesn't even work, so you're only using one 6950. Also, statements like this are pointless w/o listing the playing resolution.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    Crossfire doesn't even work, so you're only using one 6950. Also, statements like this are pointless w/o listing the playing resolution.
    This is true. Currently there is no official crossfire application profiles for TOR.