Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post

like a plastic baseball bat.
    Ding! What is a Wiffle bat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its a ****ing video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come Peyton Manning is considering to leave Indy?

light saber

You needed more hit.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    This is actually the truth. Both WoW and TOR have precedents:

WoW: The precedent is D&D board and dice type games. You also have other MMOs where you weren't just one shotting everything before there was WOW. The expectation of a one shot kill really isn't there because it has never been represented as such.

TOR: The precedent is for many people are the SW movies. Lightsabers are a one hit, one kill kind of weapon...or at least a one swing, one dismemberment. If Obi-Wan had to hit the dude in the cantina 50 times and kill him with with what is essentially a blunt object I highly doubt the lightsaber would be held in the same regard or be as iconic as it is today.
    ... What?

My post would have ended with that, but I don't feel like getting flagged. So you are telling me it is perfectly fine in MMO's for axes, swords, guns, blasters, fireballs, frostbolts, lightning, acid, insert-genertic-fantasy/sci-fi attack here to take near 50 hits to someone's face to KO them, but a lightsaber needs to be instant death because "the movies said so"?

If that is the case, why can't Force Lightning kill people instantly? Or Force Choke? You should be thankful you at LEAST got fall damage when you throw someone off a cliff, NPC or not. It is cut scene magic, and there are many other games out there that take it to far worse extremes than this.

Now lets stop being serious again and get back to what this thread is really about; how can she slap?

How can you have a sword like thing made of pure energy and call it a lightsaber ?

Wouldn't his head be chopped off?

The Cinematics make it look like they get ONE hit and they get a kill, yet the game play light saber is like a plastic baseball bat.
    Technically yes it would in many cases, however Lightsaber resistant materials do exist in the Star Wars Universe.

For example Phrik(a rare metal), Mandalorian Iron, and Cortosis amongst others drastically diminish the damage caused by sabers(in the case of Cortosis it practically negates the damage by it's ability to short them out).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light...tant_materials

Great read if you're really curious and gives an acceptable lore backing as to why players can withstand them.

Deleted
    Because it doesn't burn bright enough, sure my neck gets nice and warm, but your lightsaber isn't good enough to burn through.
    Maybe keep it steady against my neck while I blast your face off.

Sometimes your light saber doesn't work because you used mechanized travel for unofficial business.

Lots of pages with replies from people who don't understand the difference between "realism" and "internal logic". See, in one case ... no, whatever, I'm not doing this.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Well, as BH with lots of Expertise I can just melee-fight lightsabers and win easily

Troopers have really well trained neck muscles. That's why.

High Overlord Royal of the Light's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    YOU SIR....... YOU ARE A TROLL

Why your WoW Character dosent die when he dies.... instead he rezzes at a spirit something shrine stuff
    Why a level 1 wolf dosen't kill you with one bite? pretty inrealistic by your logic
    why there is no such animation of bleeding Creatures or how can you hit a water elemental with a sword? how you can hit a rock with a sword and kill it ? How are you supposed to kill a FIRE BOSS Ragnaros ?

So you can see your question is pointless.... if you want realistic go outside and slay IRL Dragons or something

P.S I could give you 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 other reasons from any game of your choice !

Quote Originally Posted by Royal of the Light View Post
    So you can see your question is pointless.... if you want realistic go outside and slay IRL Dragons or something
    What does REALISM have to do with CONSISTENCY? Are you guys serious? You really don't see the difference?Or are you just trying to piss him off?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

High Overlord Royal of the Light's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevadar View Post
    lightsaber's.

How do they even work?

Quote Originally Posted by daedelus View Post
    you can't explain that!

aliens ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    Well, as BH with lots of Expertise I can just melee-fight lightsabers and win easily
    I hadn't noticed if anyone had referended Mandalorian Iron, yet, which was actually available in this era. True, not everyone even up to L50 is wearing armor made of it (or at all), though to answer... "Why doens't a lightsaber kill anyone in 1 hit..."

A wizard did it.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hythos View Post
    I hadn't noticed if anyone had referended Mandalorian Iron, yet, which was actually available in this era. True, not everyone even up to L50 is wearing armor made of it (or at all), though to answer... "Why doens't a lightsaber kill anyone in 1 hit..."

A wizard did it.
    Beskar I put a link up to it but nobody payed attention. Here it is again.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beskar

As a reference I'd still like to know why execute does not immediately decapitate any mob I'm facing. I don't expect that it should but then again I'm realistic about these sorta things.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your juggernaut it takes 5000 hits
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Wouldn't his head be chopped off?

The Cinematics make it look like they get ONE hit and they get a kill, yet the game play light saber is like a plastic baseball bat.
    They said in an interview, it was a game design they just have to put up with. Otherwise, everyone who is supposed to be a Jedi/Sith is going to end up being no more than an apprentice with some light whiffle-bat.

It's a design choice. Take it or leave it.