Quote Originally Posted by Rayume View Post
    I've been working on this one for a while..
    I'd like a macro that will keep casting Lacerate(Bear) on a target until 3 stacks are present, once the 3rd is up, it will cast Pulverize.
    The current macro I have does 3 Lacerates and then a Pulverize which works alright until I get parried/dodged/miss.
    Let me know if its possible
    As far as I know, no macro can check for present buffs/debuffs. The best you could do is set up a Power Aura to show when you have 3 stacks on the target
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by quietstrm07 View Post
    As far as I know, no macro can check for present buffs/debuffs. The best you could do is set up a Power Aura to show when you have 3 stacks on the target
    Alrighty thanks for that. Tracking the stacks isn't the issue, just trying to save on bar space. Maybe an addon might be of more use?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayume View Post
    Alrighty thanks for that. Tracking the stacks isn't the issue, just trying to save on bar space. Maybe an addon might be of more use?
    Addons and macros can help you make decisions by sound or visual effects, but they won't make the decision for you, as such you cannot make a macro or addon that will press skill x when target has buff y, otherwise press z. Instead you can have an addon that tells you "target has buff y, you should press skill x". Anything more would basically be making an addon that plays the game for you, which is not what they're designed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Addons and macros can help you make decisions by sound or visual effects, but they won't make the decision for you, as such you cannot make a macro or addon that will press skill x when target has buff y, otherwise press z. Instead you can have an addon that tells you "target has buff y, you should press skill x". Anything more would basically be making an addon that plays the game for you, which is not what they're designed to do.
    Alright, well thanks for all the help guys. Good thread, keep it up.

Deleted

Taunting Corrupted Bloods that are not attacking you already

Is such a macro possible ? Say I want to ignore the Bloods that are already attacking me and a single press would taunt a Corrupted Blood that I dont have aggro on.

The bloods are usually at +80% hp when i need to taunt them in the kite phase. My issue is that 3-4 spawns at the time and while kiting i find it difficult to keep spamtaunting .

Need to intervene a friend without targeting and focus.
    /cast [target=player] Intervene Doesnt work.

Thanks Sakpoth!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey. I've been struggling with making a macro for my intercept/charge/intervene, as i'm not very experienced with macros. Basicly, i want it to prioritize using intervene if my mouseover/target is friendly, and charge if hostile. If charge is on CD, i want it to intercept. Here's what i came up with:

/cast [@mouseover,help] Intervene; Intervene
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Charge; Charge
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Intercept; Intercept

And it works well for what i want it to do. However, there is one problem with it. If i have the rage to intercept, it'll use both charge and intercept simultaneously. I'd be very thankful if anyone could help me add the functionality of only intercepting with charge on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    Hey. I've been struggling with making a macro for my intercept/charge/intervene, as i'm not very experienced with macros. Basicly, i want it to prioritize using intervene if my mouseover/target is friendly, and charge if hostile. If charge is on CD, i want it to intercept. Here's what i came up with:

And it works well for what i want it to do. However, there is one problem with it. If i have the rage to intercept, it'll use both charge and intercept simultaneously. I'd be very thankful if anyone could help me add the functionality of only intercepting with charge on cooldown.
    A macro cannot intelligently choose what spell to use depending on which is on cooldown. You'll have to settle with either your non-optimal macro or manually handling your spells.

Hey Sakpoth, I tryed the macro u gave me and It`s not working properly....

#showtooltip Adrenaline Rush
    /use 10
    /castsequence Blood fury, Adrenaline Rush

When I use for the first time, It goes fine but when I`m in the middle of the fight and "Adrenaline Rush" is UP, When I try to use this macro, It not work right...the "Adrenaline Rush" don`t start....in this time, both "gloves" + "Blood Fury" are on CD`s.....

You know I could do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandejo View Post

Is such a macro possible ? Say I want to ignore the Bloods that are already attacking me and a single press would taunt a Corrupted Blood that I dont have aggro on.

The bloods are usually at +80% hp when i need to taunt them in the kite phase. My issue is that 3-4 spawns at the time and while kiting i find it difficult to keep spamtaunting .
    Not possible, I would suggest using a mouseover macro or something.

Quote Originally Posted by altoholix View Post
    Need to intervene a friend without targeting and focus.
    /cast [target=player] Intervene Doesnt work.
    Replace FriendName with your friend's name.
    Code:
    /use [@FriendName,help,nodead][]Intervene
    Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post

Code:
    /use [@mouseover,help][help]Intervene
    /castsequence [@mouseover,harm][]reset=15 Charge, Intercept
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyrogue View Post
    Hey Sakpoth, I tryed the macro u gave me and It`s not working properly....

/use 10
    /castsequence Blood fury, Adrenaline Rush

When I use for the first time, It goes fine but when I`m in the middle of the fight and "Adrenaline Rush" is UP, When I try to use this macro, It not work right...the "Adrenaline Rush" don`t start....in this time, both "gloves" + "Blood Fury" are on CD`s.....

You know I could do?
    Don't think you could put it in a castsequence macro even if you use a reset condition on it because Adrenaline Rush cooldown varies depending on how many offensive finishers/combo points used.

You can try this macro out, I haven't tested it myself. (Trying out a shorter cd time for reset than it will ever be... first press on the castsequence is nil)
    Code:
    /use 10
    /use Blood Fury
    /castsequence reset=60 0,Adrenaline Rush
    Edited: I think I got it working, the nil or blank didn't work... but adding a zero as a placeholder works!
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2012-02-01 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    Code:
    /use 10
    /use Blood Fury
    /castsequence reset=60 ,Adrenaline Rush
    I didn't know you could do that, very nice one if it works.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-02-01 at 01:53 AM.

Trying to figure out how to make a macro that uses my Nature's Grasp, and then Entangling roots on someone else if I need it. But when I try and use Engtangling Roots, it tells me my Nature's Grasp is on CD. Here is what I have.

/cast Nature's Grasp
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][]Entangling Roots

Quote Originally Posted by whyumadbro View Post
    Trying to figure out how to make a macro that uses my Nature's Grasp, and then Entangling roots on someone else if I need it. But when I try and use Engtangling Roots, it tells me my Nature's Grasp is on CD. Here is what I have.

/cast Nature's Grasp
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][]Entangling Roots
    Why not use a modifier? They are two entirely different spells and macros can not detect whether Nature's Grasp is on a target or not.

Thanks Newbie95816!!!! THAT WORKED FINE!!!! Thanks a lot!

How do I put myself as focus target for the spell Lichborne, followed by several deathcoils to heal myself?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards,

Mayden

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    How do I put myself as focus target for the spell Lichborne, followed by several deathcoils to heal myself?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards,

Mayden
    There's no need to put yourself as focus, you can just direct the Death Coils at yourself, however if you have some other reason to want yourself as focus you can use the second macro.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Lichborne
    /cast [@player] Death Coil
    -----------------
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Lichborne
    /focus [@player]
    /cast [@focus] Death Coil

yo.

I'm trying to make a macro for my Holy Shock that casts Holy Shock if not on CD and Crusader Strike if on CD.
    This works:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Holy Shock, Crusader Strike
    But I use mouseover so.. The macro I've been working on looks like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help] reset=6 Holy Shock, Crusader Strike;
    But the problem with this is it only shows a "?" on the icon if I don't hold my mouse over a unitframe. So to see these I need to hold my mouse over a target at all time to make it work.. and even tho I hold my mouse over, I cannot use CS since I'm "Invalid target"

But yeah, what I want is it to show the icon of HS if it's not on CD and Crusader strike if HS is on CD even if I'm not hovering.
    Is this possible?
    Last edited by Balyn; 2012-02-02 at 04:38 PM.
    I'm a kittycat

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    There's no need to put yourself as focus, you can just direct the Death Coils at yourself, however if you have some other reason to want yourself as focus you can use the second macro.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Lichborne
    /cast [@player] Death Coil
    -----------------
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Lichborne
    /focus [@player]
    /cast [@focus] Death Coil

Tried. It casts Lichborne, but my Death Coil hit maintarget target instead of me.

I want to keep to my target in pvp unchanged while I heal myself with deathcoils.

Help is welcome.

Thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    Tried. It casts Lichborne, but my Death Coil hit maintarget target instead of me.

I want to keep to my target in pvp unchanged while I heal myself with deathcoils.

Help is welcome.

Thanks for replying.
    That macro should work.
    Try remove the "!". Afaik Lichborne is an ability, not aura/stance
    I'm a kittycat