It will also hit for less as a % of total damage in fights wherein there are 'pauses' where you aren't actively dps'ing (e.g. Yor'sahj traveling to and from globules) as with the new ICD it might come up more often during transit time and not deliver its impact over time to the degree to which the prior ICD allowed. Fights wherein we are in continuously attacking won't suffer this disadvantage.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

def falling in behind used to do 8 to 9% damage(heroic version) it fell to around 5-6% thats me tunneling lfr warlord

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Seems to proc every ~10s for me.
    One thing I've noticed, the first attack after it comes out of ICD will NEVER proc.
    I think it's going to be a slight DPS loss because it's going to proc slightly less than 3x more often than before
    It was obvious just after they said they are going to nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    It was obvious just after they said they are going to nerf it.
    from what i got is that they wanted to reduce some of its burst not nerf it now the 3 times proc is a indirect nerf to movementbosss such as yorsahj and warlord but i am worried that they nerfed it to much and star catcher will out scale vial

Is it just a tooltip bug or why doesn't it change the damage when I'm getting more AP ? Wasn't it supposed to give additionally damage with a 1.016 AP ratio in the heroic version? Couldn't test it so far but im just curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    Is it just a tooltip bug or why doesn't it change the damage when I'm getting more AP ? Wasn't it supposed to give additionally damage with a 1.016 AP ratio in the heroic version? Couldn't test it so far but im just curious about it.
    Patch 4.3.2 happened, the ratio isnt 1.016 anymore

Can the trinket proc proc other stuff too, like OoC or say the bear shield? Because then it would be a pretty nice change.

not sure on ooc but def not bear shield

3.7%-3.9% on Ultrax few times. Overnerfed. Used be around 5-5.5% the LFR.
    ICD should have been lowered to 8 or 9 sec at worst.

Deleted
    where do it place it against Starcatcher Compass norm now? both LFR n Norm version.

My trinket stayed above 4.5% of my damage all evening which isn't much of a nerf at all. Perhaps it's gear levels helping me out though? I'm not sure, sitting on 403 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by nxzt View Post
    Patch 4.3.2 happened, the ratio isnt 1.016 anymore
    But the damage would still change. Right now it doesn't matter if youre in caster form or cat, the tooltip damage is the same. Was just curious about it

ill use on ultraxion this week as bear as i didnt get a single upgrade it did 11% of my damage last week so we will see how far it dropped from there

30 min dummy testing only auto attacking with RF Vial:

Pre-4.3.2:

56 procs per 2k white attacks.
    Average hit: 20671

Post-4.3.2:

169 procs per 2k white attacks.
    Average hit: 6856

3.02 as many procs that deals 3.02 as much damage. Not counting in damagebuffs, the damage from the trinket should be the same on non-movement-fights. Slight decrease on movement-fights where you don't attack for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

15+ Year Old Account
    i hope this is just a tooltip bug but the damage on the proc in the tooltip now shows the same value in NE elf form as it does in cat form while in cat form i have 28K extra AP ofc.
    when i go in bearform the damage on the tooltip goes up (i have 20K AP in bear)

since it seems your testing on the dummy proves the it was not realy nerfed i gues its just a tooltip bug
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that in raid environment trinket dps loss is pretty small, below 10%.
    Its obvious that on some bosses it does significantly less damage, but in average the number stays pretty much the same. On full 25man heroic clear the number went from 4.0% to 3.8% of my dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i hope this is just a tooltip bug but the damage on the proc in the tooltip now shows the same value in NE elf form as it does in cat form while in cat form i have 28K extra AP ofc.
    when i go in bearform the damage on the tooltip goes up (i have 20K AP in bear)

since it seems your testing on the dummy proves the it was not realy nerfed i gues its just a tooltip bug
    Yes, seems like a tooltip bug. It still scales with AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Deleted
    so picked up LFR kiril today, even though i have norm Spire. Typical i have no roll competition and it drops when i dont need it. But my question is, and kinda a silly one, but how much dps difference would i stand to lose if i switched and would it be stupid to do so? hopefully pick up norm Kiril Friday. Cant help myself, Kiril just seems such a novelty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    so picked up LFR kiril today, even though i have norm Spire. Typical i have no roll competition and it drops when i dont need it. But my question is, and kinda a silly one, but how much dps difference would i stand to lose if i switched and would it be stupid to do so? hopefully pick up norm Kiril Friday. Cant help myself, Kiril just seems such a novelty.
    This has been asked a lot of times in this thread already, and you'll find posts about it if you dig a bit. Normal Spire is better than LFR Kiril. For each weapon upgrade (lfr kiril -> Spire -> normal kiril etc), you gain approximately 500 DPS. The proc isn't significant enough like its strength tentacle counterpart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snewb View Post
    This has been asked a lot of times in this thread already, and you'll find posts about it if you dig a bit. Normal Spire is better than LFR Kiril. For each weapon upgrade (lfr kiril -> Spire -> normal kiril etc), you gain approximately 500 DPS. The proc isn't significant enough like its strength tentacle counterpart.
    tbh i considered digging, but i went 10-15 pages back and found nothing, hence why i asked. I wanted to get at least one useful opinion.

I just couldnt see 7 ilvls, 53 wep dps and 50 static agility and 2 mastery amounting to 500 dps loss.

edit: nvm, just move along.
    Last edited by mmoc108510b939; 2012-02-02 at 07:46 PM.