Thread: GW2 Peripherals

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    haha, have the same thing, I love it... so comfortable for online-games. Especially the stick, to move the character with your thumb. Recommend. My friend has the razor nostromo (earthshokaz linked it) but I don't like it, the stick is awful imho.
    I remember getting that for christmas a few years back when I was a early teen.

I absolutely hated it, I asked for a G15 and got this and it was absolutely terrible. The joystick was very uncomfortable and strained my thumb, I didn't like the fact I had to move my hand so much just to speak to people.

It was the only christmas gift from my family they had to return. I blatantly told them that I'm sorry but its just going to end up in the closet.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Dont use shift, only use alt for keybinds and I press that with my thumb. With my index resting on f I have easier access to some of the farther away keys like 8,U,J,M. It is just something I have gotten used to
    But then how do you jump!!? (I literally spam the spacebar - with my thumb - sometimes ..)
    And I use my alt-key for selfcasting too anyway, but the easy access to keybinds further away is actually very nice tho. Especially in GW2 with probably no selfcast.
    But I think I'll get pretty far with 1-5,Q,E,R,F,C,T,G,V in GW2 as far as keybinds go.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I absolutely hated it,
    so you're one of the 15 from 224
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-P.../dp/B001NEK2GE

I'm sorry for you, I played all kinds of games with it and it works really good. For me.

so you're one of the 15 from 224
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-P.../dp/B001NEK2GE

I'm sorry for you, I played all kinds of games with it and it works really good. For me.
    I never left a review, so no I'm not one of the 15.

200 reviews isn't much anyways.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    The joystick was very uncomfortable and strained my thumb
    Yeah the standard joystick sucks. Logitech themselves said they envisioned it some kind of quick select for FPS players. Once you do the Xbox360 joystick mod though, it's a lot more usable.

haha, have the same thing, I love it... so comfortable for online-games. Especially the stick, to move the character with your thumb. Recommend. My friend has the razor nostromo (earthshokaz linked it) but I don't like it, the stick is awful imho.
    I borrowed a G13 from a friend while he was on vacation and I freaking loved it, only thing though is I can't justify spending the money when my G510 is still more than enough for my use and I'll probably be looking at spending money on a new mouse since my Naga has started the dreaded Razer double clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I've never had an issue with it before, and I've PvP'd as melee.. you can definitely move while using melee attacks.
    You have more than one finger, and you can always shift your finger placement.
    At no point in time do I ever take my fingers off ALL of the movement keys, there's no reason to.
    Also, I'm assuming GW2 will have some kind of mouse movement or autorun like WoW does, so that will help.
    Indeed lol, it takes 0.x seconds to move your finger to the appropriate key and press it so unless you need to HOLD DOWN WASD at the same time the OP's concern is redundant. Completely.

QEFRTZXCVBY123456
    s+ all the above
    ctrl+ all the above

Seems like enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    So that module is actually used instead of a keyboard? Never seen such thing in Sweden.,.. :S How good is it on a scale 1-10?
    Might buy it if it's really good. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    But then how do you jump!!? (I literally spam the spacebar - with my thumb - sometimes ..)
    And I use my alt-key for selfcasting too anyway, but the easy access to keybinds further away is actually very nice tho. Especially in GW2 with probably no selfcast.
    But I think I'll get pretty far with 1-5,Q,E,R,F,C,T,G,V in GW2 as far as keybinds go.
    With my thumb I dont press alt and spacebar at the same time. I think what got me playing like this is all the time I spent on Garry's Mod all of the different game modes having different macros made me use all of my keyboard.

But in GW2 I'm not to worried for about keybinds

10+ Year Old Account
    I bind jump on mouse scroll. I don't know why more people don't

Only downside is you need a secondary jump bind (in Wow at least) because you can't hold mouse scoll.

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I'm a Naga user

Nice mouse but it's not that good that everyone keeps on saying :O
    Its true, the 1 through 6 buttons on the naga are too far forward, my thumb cant reach them comfortably without moving my entire hand forward. I'm only using the 7 through 12 on the Naga.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Its true, the 1 through 6 buttons on the naga are too far forward, my thumb cant reach them comfortably without moving my entire hand forward. I'm only using the 7 through 12 on the Naga.
    I must admit I don't use them all either. I find reaching 10-12 not fast enough so I don't use them, the rest is just perfect - personal preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    I'll somewhat agree. I find it more difficult to hit 4,5,6 on my Naga. I think it's partially because I don't place commonly used abilities on those buttons when I play WoW. My thumb rests on 1 all of the time, so 1,2,3 is easy for me. 7-12 is also easy for me since I just have to shift my thumb a bit. I will say that when I play GW1, I love my naga, it makes moving my character around a lot easier when hitting abilities.

I can never seem to get a handle on using a G13 or a Nostromo though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Only downside is you need a secondary jump bind (in Wow at least) because you can't hold mouse scoll.
    My main was a hunter and I had the mouse wheel set to steady shot

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I have a question for all standard keyboard casters out there. (this is assuming you use wasd to move) Say you have a spell bound to ether "F" or "5" and you need to be moving right when casting spells (pressing D). In this case I'd assume you shift your entire hand right so that you are pressing "F" with your pointer finger and "D" with your middle finger. This doesn't cause you to occasionally mess up and try use your esdf as your wasd? Or do you have some way to do this without needing to shift your hand?
    I always moving left. If I have to move around a character to his back I go from the left side..if I have to escape from a monster that it is in my left side and also want to do this by moving side, then I will instantly turn (with mouse + mouse right button) 180 and then again move left :P

I have a Logitech G5 mouse and I have programmed my 2 side buttons to be shift and ctrl. I have autorun in shift+w. Now with the very easy push of shift and ctrl in my mouse I can have a lot of binds without ever move my left hand from wasd :P

erfc234 along with shift and ctrl are 21 extremely easy keybinds to use while moving in any direction...

add to these also q1zxv , again with shift and ctrl from side mouse buttons and you have 15 more very easy keybinds that you need at most 1 sec to stop moving to use...

total 36 easy keybinds..21 with eternal movement and 15 with 1 sec stop moving..of course you can add more binds say in tg5(x3) for spells you rarely use or with long cooldowns, e.t.c.

I ve yet to find a game that all these are not enough to play in high level :P

EDIT: Forgot also the shift/Ctrl + WheelUp/WheelDown which I also use a lot...
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-02-02 at 08:37 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

pretty sure i can definitely move without stopping and have enough keybinds for every ability without a special setup
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    My peripherals

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post

My next mouse(if the price is right)
    Those things are junk, read some reviews on them, don't buy it becuase of the way it looks.

I thought the same thing when I saw the first Mad Catz R.A.T. Then I watched a lot of videos and read reviews and found out they're just like any other Mad Catz controller...junk.

A lot of review sites gave this mouse high ratings mainly because of what it could do and the customization to it. But they didn't use it for more than a couple hours. These things have a tendency to break..A LOT
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-02-02 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Those things are junk, read some reviews on them, don't buy it becuase of the way it looks.

I thought the same thing when I saw the first Mad Catz R.A.T. Then I watched a lot of videos and read reviews and found out they're just like any other Mad Catz controller...junk.

A lot of review sites gave this mouse high ratings mainly because of what it could do and the customization to it. But they didn't use it for more than a couple hours. These things have a tendency to break..A LOT
    Been using a R.A.T. 7 for over a year, working perfectly. Don't throw your mice on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I have a question for all standard keyboard casters out there. (this is assuming you use wasd to move) Say you have a spell bound to ether "F" or "5" and you need to be moving right when casting spells (pressing D). In this case I'd assume you shift your entire hand right so that you are pressing "F" with your pointer finger and "D" with your middle finger. This doesn't cause you to occasionally mess up and try use your esdf as your wasd? Or do you have some way to do this without needing to shift your hand?
    My middle finger is always on D, my ring finger on W and my pinkie on A. If I ever need to backpedal (and yes, there are times when it's better to backpedal when you just need an inch of space backwards) I just move my ringfinger down to S. So yeah, with this setup my index finger is free for "F" and "5" and everything else.

I feel that people who use the middle finger for W got the habit from FPSes. I'm lucky I didn't play CS as much as my friends back when I was younger.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Because I like being able to scroll my camera in and out whenever I have to
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.