Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Quality GM Reply from my Beta Test Report

So I just got into the beta last night, and this was the second thing I've ever beta tested in my life (first thing was just to help out a friend with his own small game), and I was excited to do it, so I wanted to be a helpful beta tester by reporting bugs. I decided to put in a ticket, but the response from the blue was just so ridiculous, I felt it necessary to post it here. For obvious reasons, I have blocked out my name as well as the GM's response. (Also if this is against any rule, I will remove it immediately. I just felt it was so funny that everyone would get a good laugh PLUS IT WASN'T IN THE FORUM RULES! Mods, please don't ban me ._.)

TL;DR: I posted a support ticket (Game selected: Diablo III), and because I said "WoW" (for an example), the GM AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED that it was a problem with my UI/Addons... For WoW... *facepalm*
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-02-03 at 07:30 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

ROFL - Oh man, This is lolz worthy. Thank you for sharing this. Im sure he just copy pasted a little to fast for his own good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    So I just got into the beta last night, and this was the second thing I've ever beta tested in my life (first thing was just to help out a friend with his own small game), and I was excited to do it, so I wanted to be a helpful beta tester by reporting bugs. I decided to put in a ticket, but the response from the blue was just so ridiculous, I felt it necessary to post it here. For obvious reasons, I have blocked out my name as well as the GM's response. (Also if this is against any rule, I will remove it immediately. I just felt it was so funny that everyone would get a good laugh )

TL;DR: I posted a support ticket (Game selected: Diablo III), and because I said "WoW" (for an example), the GM AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED that it was a problem with my UI/Addons... For WoW... *facepalm*
    wow.... just wow... and not as the game...

And here I thought Blizzard Support were good, considering most others... guess that only applies to in game GM responses in WoW then...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZero View Post
    ROFL - Oh man, This is lolz worthy. Thank you for sharing this. Im sure he just copy pasted a little to fast for his own good.
    That's what I thought too, so I just HAD to post it! If you're curious about my reply, it was "Um... what? This is a DIABLO III issue..." xD

Indeed. Proof that I could easily do their (the BAD ones) jobs

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    wow.... just wow... and not as the game...

And here I thought Blizzard Support were good, considering most others... guess that only applies to in game GM responses in WoW then...
    Actually, their phone support is amazing, and some of their forum blues are good too. Their in game / ticket support is WELL BELOW AVERAGE, but you do get a few really cool/nice/funny ones every now and then. This person... just no.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahahaha
    that's a little embarrasing
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

That's too funny.

Just so you know that's a known bug with the witch, and you can fix it by turning V-synch off. Happened to me last night, checked out the forums and that fixed it for me. Disintegrate owns everything.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I almost want to put in a Customer Support forum post just to ask them wtf this service is about >_>

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 02:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    That's too funny.

Just so you know that's a known bug with the witch, and you can fix it by turning V-synch off. Happened to me last night, checked out the forums and that fixed it for me.
    Oh? I should try that.

PS: It does the same for Rapid Fire (Demon Hunter) as well. It seems any "Stream-like" ability/spell is the same.

PPS: Arcane Orb is <3
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-02-03 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    PPS: Arcane Orb is <3
    Got to love shooting galaxies at people.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Oh sweet jesus.
    Jesus actually had nothing to do with this hilarity

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Got to love shooting galaxies at people.
    Seriously. It's so fucking powerful, it's a huge splash radius, and it does monstrumental* amounts of damage. Not to mention NO cooldown and a small cost (since AP regenerates so quickly)

* Yes, I like using this word even if it's not real

10+ Year Old Account
    Left click arcane orb
    right click frost nova
    '1' wave of force
    '2' The lightning armour.. i forget the name :3

I R IMMORTALZ.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Left click arcane orb
    right click frost nova
    '1' wave of force

I R IMMORTALZ.
    I personally was disappointed with Wave of Force. Frost nova was cool though

15+ Year Old Account
    What was that website that had funny GM interactions in it?

You should put it there anyway.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    What was that website that had funny GM interactions in it?

You should put it there anyway.
    wowbash.com, and thank you for reminding me

Pretty sure that you submit tickets to GM's for LIVE game issues, not Beta.

Isn't there a forum specifically for Beta Bug Reports or something like that? Pretty sure you need to post there if you want your report addressed appropriately/fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooter View Post

Isn't there a forum specifically for Beta Bug Reports or something like that? Pretty sure you need to post there if you want your report addressed appropriately/fixed.
    Killjoy.
    /10chars
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Tooter View Post

Okay; regardless, I clicked "Diablo III". You'd think they'd at least tell me that rather than post irrelevant information.

Also, agreed with Raxxed (above me). This thread is meant to give you a laugh, not to criticize my beta tester reporting skills & capabilities

Deleted
    You used the ticket system wrong and I don't see the words Diablo 3 in your support ticket. Yes, you used the word wizard and disintegrate but to be honest, considering how many non-english natives and well, I'm trying to be polite & political but lets just say not everyone is the brightest, a WoW support GM assumed it was about WoW, as it was submitted to WoW customer support.

Even if he made a mistake by replying...... well so did you by posting it in the wrong place.

Sorry, guess I'm a killjoy too, don't hate me :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A very tired GM.
    Mistakes are made.

Shamanic put it as eloquently as possible. It's still kind of funny though
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."