Page 1 of 3
LastLast

NAO Invitational Qualifier, Darkmoon Faire Achievements Update, Blue Posts, NAO Video

Diablo 3 - Patch 12 Incoming - Patch 12 Notes, Your thoughts on beta, Blue Posts

NAO Invitational Qualifiers
    Curse, Skill-Capped, and Logitech are sponsoring a player run Arena tournament with over $4000 in prizes. You can find the list of prizes on ArenaJunkies. See the structure and rules for more information about how the teams are selected.

Darkmoon Faire Achievement Progress Update - Feb 3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    January’s Darkmoon Faire achievement progress status was cleared prior to the launch of February's faire. Any achievements that were started but not completed have had their criteria reset. Completed achievements are unaffected.

However, any future achievement progress (February included) will be saved to your character and will continue to contribute towards progression of those achievements in subsequent visits to Darkmoon Faire.

Regrettably, we are not able to restore any progress you may have made during January's faire. We do appreciate the impact this may have had and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    WoW Raid Design
    Some solid, constructive feedback and observations have been offered in this thread. But I think it’s important to point out that it’s incorrect to assume that there has been reduced development time put into raids.

If anything, over the years we’ve put increased attention into raids so that a wider breadth of players can experience them. There are a great deal more options for pursuing raiding now than say, in classic World of Warcraft or The Burning Crusade, when raid groups were a fixed size and only one difficulty setting existed. We realize that some players prefer to run with 24 other comrades-in-arms at the max difficulty setting (I’m actually one of them ), whereas others prefer more intimate raids or a lower difficulty setting.

In Mists of Pandaria, we plan to be able to continue to support a wide variety of raiding styles. And, from one player to another, if you’re eager for raid zones with an “epic” feel, you’re going to really enjoy some of the stuff we have in store. We’ll have some further details on that front coming up in the near future, but know that we really do appreciate your passion for the game and your continued feedback. We are listening. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator
    The intent of the talent calculator was to give players something to fool around with. We wanted everyone to get a feel for the idea we're going for in Mists so that it wouldn't sound as crazy or shocking when seen on "paper."

We've responded many times about talent calculator feedback, even pointing out we're not going to be able to discuss things point by point with players because the systems are rapidly changing while in development. The calculator itself is quite out of date.

So you're right. I took the time to respond to this thread when I could've responded elsewhere. But what did I say? I basically said things are looking awesome so far and I can't wait to be able to share more information.

Would you feel better if I found a thesis from you about the problems you have with the out-of-date Mists talent calculator for rogues, only to say, "A lot of the details you're discussing aren't fully fleshed out yet, so we'll talk again when we have updated Mists class info to provide"? Even if you think the answer to that is "yes," I wouldn't be surprised if you then came back here in two weeks to tell me how many amazing threads there are out there about the "REAL" issues that are going completely ignored. It's a neverending cycle and I'm not interesting in always looking for the squeakiest wheels to grease on the forums.

The only inevitability in community management I've found is that, whenever we post ANYWHERE on the forums, someone will be sure to tell us where we should be posting, and which part of the community is really being ignored. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

World of Warcraft Seventh European Anniversary: Half-Price Sale
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In February 2005, World of Warcraft arrived here in Europe. It’s been seven years and Azeroth is still buzzing with excitement! Players have been through incredible trials in dungeons, raids and battlegrounds.

And now, in honor of World of Warcraft’s Seventh Anniversary in Europe, we’re offering the biggest discount ever on the entire WoW game range! From now until February 19, all boxed games and digital upgrades are available at half price, as well as two in-game collectibles. Don’t miss your chance to join in Azeroth’s anniversary celebrations by snagging Wrath of the Lich King for just €10/£7.50 and Cataclysm for only €15/£12.50.

The doors to Ahn’Qiraj have been opened. Onyxia has manipulated mortals and dragons alike. Sargeras has attempted to unleash the Legion upon Azeroth and beyond. The Lich King has vowed to destroy life itself. Armies of elementals have left their realms to conquer our world. The Cataclysm is now upon us and the battle between the Horde and the Alliance is becoming ever fiercer. For seven years, countless horrors have sought to destroy Azeroth and its heroes. But never before have they been confronted by an offer such as this!

Never played World of Warcraft? There has never been a better time to join and become the latest hero in a world filled with orcs, gnomes, dragons, magic, and murlocs! Already a fan? Here’s your chance to upgrade your account or invite friends to take part in the most epic adventure of all time. Visit the Blizzard Store to take advantage of this amazing special offer. You can also benefit from these discounted rates on digital games via your Battle.net account!

In addition, we’re offering two in-game collectibles at half price. Want to travel Azeroth in style? The Celestial Steed will bring you wherever you want to go, for half the cost! Always dreamed of a terrifyingly cute undead companion? Get a Lil’ K.T. pet for a lil’ price!

So come and join the in-game celebrations today — we’ve already put the cherry on the cake!
    Happy Seventh Anniversary!

NAO Invitational Qualifiers Video
    The second round of the qualifiers is taking place on February 3rd/4th 7-11pm EST. You can see a sample of one of the games you missed in the video below!

Last edited by chaud; 2012-02-04 at 04:31 AM.

I liked the part where the video was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for more detail about MOP talent trees.

Deleted
    If anything, over the years we’ve put increased attention into raids so that a wider breadth of players can experience them. There are a great deal more options for pursuing raiding now than say, in classic World of Warcraft or The Burning Crusade, when raid groups were a fixed size and only one difficulty setting existed.
    Ah yes, the horrible, dark days of Vanilla and The Burning Crusade where raid content didn't become out-dated and pointless with each patch, and on the whole remained challenging throughout the expansion whatever gear one wore.

And, from one player to another, if you’re eager for raid zones with an “epic” feel, you’re going to really enjoy some of the stuff we have in store.
    This really is the worst kind of Deja vu; how many times have we heard this? Didn't they say the same about "epic" gear this expansion?

The intent of the talent calculator was to give players something to fool around with. We wanted everyone to get a feel for the idea we're going for in Mists so that it wouldn't sound as crazy or shocking when seen on "paper."
    All these dumbed-down talent calculators have brought us is less and less flexibility concerning our talents. There's no longer any room to fool around on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by irishman View Post
    if anything, over the years we’ve put increased attention into raids so that a wider breadth of players can experience them. There are a great deal more options for pursuing raiding now than say, in classic world of warcraft or the burning crusade, when raid groups were a fixed size and only one difficulty setting existed.
    ah yes, the horrible, dark days of vanilla and the burning crusade where raid content didn't become out-dated and pointless with each patch, and on the whole remained challenging throughout the expansion whatever gear one wore.

and, from one player to another, if you’re eager for raid zones with an “epic” feel, you’re going to really enjoy some of the stuff we have in store.
    this really is the worst kind of deja vu; how many times have we heard this? Didn't they say the same about "epic" gear this expansion?

the intent of the talent calculator was to give players something to fool around with. We wanted everyone to get a feel for the idea we're going for in mists so that it wouldn't sound as crazy or shocking when seen on "paper."
    all these dumbed-down talent calculators have brought us is less and less flexibility concerning our talents. There's no longer any room to fool around on the whole.
    what he said

10+ Year Old Account
    Some times specs feels so booring and pvp oriented like the warrior, and rogue while warlocks and druids have real choices that change their gameplay

Why does anyone care about this news segment. Ok, back to SWTOR

Blizz sales in Europe must be hurting, they keep doing sales. North America gets nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    Blizz sales in Europe must be hurting, they keep doing sales. North America gets nothing.
    Have checked the exchange rates, the disparity is huge right now, though I must admit that current "content-draught" and a new shiny around people are probably losing interest in additon, Blizzard being tolerant on annual pass cancellation backfiring on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    If anything, over the years we’ve put increased attention into raids so that a wider breadth of players can experience them. There are a great deal more options for pursuing raiding now than say, in classic World of Warcraft or The Burning Crusade, when raid groups were a fixed size and only one difficulty setting existed.
    Ah yes, the horrible, dark days of Vanilla and The Burning Crusade where raid content didn't become out-dated and pointless with each patch, and on the whole remained challenging throughout the expansion whatever gear one wore.
    That's because you spent the first month or so of the content patch becoming attuned to the actual raid through OTHER raids, and complicated boss mechanics were instead provided by walls of damage.

And, from one player to another, if you’re eager for raid zones with an “epic” feel, you’re going to really enjoy some of the stuff we have in store.
    This really is the worst kind of Deja vu; how many times have we heard this? Didn't they say the same about "epic" gear this expansion?
    All heroics awarded blue gear at the start of Cataclysm.

All these dumbed-down talent calculators have brought us is less and less flexibility concerning our talents. There's no longer any room to fool around on the whole.
    I don't have a lick of flexibility in my talent tree as of now. There is a "best build" and anything beyond that is either very, very marginally situational or almost completely useless.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-02-04 at 04:26 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    Didn't NA get a sale a while ago? I remember my dad got BC and Wrath for like $10 each for his RaF account and the pets were $5 each as well, this was maybe 2-3 months ago though..

Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    Didn't NA get a sale a while ago? I remember my dad got BC and Wrath for like $10 each for his RaF account and the pets were $5 each as well, this was maybe 2-3 months ago though..
    Yeah there was a Christmas sale. I thought the previous xpacs were super cheap at the moment too.
    And having a sale 2 months ago is a reasonable length of time. If we were having sales every week they wouldn't be special sales, now would that.

EDIT: The 7th Anniversary discount is only for Europe (at the moment?) which is 50% off.
    The Xmas sales was for 75% in North America/Oceanic compared to the Xmas sale for Europe which was 30%.
    So we might have missed out on the Anniversary discount, but our Xmas discount was huge compared to theirs.

--

I also don't know why people are all, "wah we don't have enough flexibility in our spec decisions".
    It's like, dude, even when we have 51 point talent trees, there was always going to be the "right" way (max dps for you min/maxers), the "okay" way (where you could slot in fun talents or pvp talents with minimal DPS loss), and the "wtf are you even doing" way. Or the absolutely soul-suckingly OP way (helloooooo SL/SL Warlocks).
    For once in MoP I can go "yeah I want to play Destruction, but have my health regen like that, a cool CD to pop (or COOL DEMONS), and my defensive CD to act in that way.
    Or for DKs, I can finally have Runic Corruption instead of Runic Empowerment as Frost. Those who prefer RNG to predictability (sort of like trinket procs really) can have what they want.

--

Also, ZARHYM COMES OUT FLYING. He's right about they whole "WAH BLIZZ DOESN'T POST ENOUGH *a blue posts* WAH YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION ENOUGH TO X-MINORITY" thing.
    Last edited by Lykoris; 2012-02-04 at 05:04 AM.

I just want to rage at those people on the NoA... Go after the hunter. DERP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machriren View Post
    I just want to rage at those people on the NoA... Go after the hunter. DERP
    I thought the same thing...how can people just let a Hunter free cast on them the entire time? Like...there's a reason the Mage was being trained.
    BfA Beta Time

I don't have a lick of flexibility in my talent tree as of now. There is a "best build" and anything beyond that is either very, very marginally situational or almost completely useless.
    This. For the love of God, I wish people would listen to the blues, who have repeated it multiple times and whom are always right. There is no choice. There is the illusion of choice, because there are a lot more talent points. However, those 41 talent points MUST be spent in specific places, else you're doing it wrong. You have two, maybe three points put aside for a miniscule change that doesn't tend to affect the overall playstyle of a build or affect you meaningfully in any way. The other 31 points are, usually, reserved for a build that you've just researched or looked up on EJ. And as I said, if you just put them wherever you want, you're not going to be as well-off as you would've been if you'd put them in these pre-selected places. Why people can't seem to wrap their head around this very simple and obvious fact is beyond me.

You can have 41 talent points. But if you're forced to put them in specific places anyway, why the Hell are people whining about it? At least these six can be fun and you'll be able to spend them however you want in a way that will actually affect your character on an individual level or playstyle-based level. So instead of being Unholy DK #239 EJ Spec 1, you'll be Unholy Dk #239 with Runic Empowerment (lol), Grasp of Gorefiend or a Freeze, one of three different life-rejuvenating spells and other stuff. That, to me, makes for a more interesting choice.

41 talent-points that I'm having to put into specific places the moment I hit level 10 and 11, however, are not.

Whats the name of nameplates addon?

Good thing I decided to quit just after 4.3 coming out, the game is catering for bads now and the effort/skill vs reward system has just gone out the window. There is no point in running a semi hardcore guild anymore as everyone just gets what u get for fuck all effort.

Better choice would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Daxmort View Post
    This. For the love of God, I wish people would listen to the blues, who have repeated it multiple times and whom are always right. There is no choice. There is the illusion of choice, because there are a lot more talent points. However, those 41 talent points MUST be spent in specific places, else you're doing it wrong. You have two, maybe three points put aside for a miniscule change that doesn't tend to affect the overall playstyle of a build or affect you meaningfully in any way. The other 31 points are, usually, reserved for a build that you've just researched or looked up on EJ. And as I said, if you just put them wherever you want, you're not going to be as well-off as you would've been if you'd put them in these pre-selected places. Why people can't seem to wrap their head around this very simple and obvious fact is beyond me.

You can have 41 talent points. But if you're forced to put them in specific places anyway, why the Hell are people whining about it? At least these six can be fun and you'll be able to spend them however you want in a way that will actually affect your character on an individual level or playstyle-based level. So instead of being Unholy DK #239 EJ Spec 1, you'll be Unholy Dk #239 with Runic Empowerment (lol), Grasp of Gorefiend or a Freeze, one of three different life-rejuvenating spells and other stuff. That, to me, makes for a more interesting choice.

41 talent-points that I'm having to put into specific places the moment I hit level 10 and 11, however, are not.
    the better choices would be talents that added flavor to your toon. not DPS or survivability. like spell effect and such. and give players 1 every level. that way peeps could actually be different.

If talents were done right they would not effect play at all they would just add uniqueness to your character. This is a role playing game after all. allow people to actually be unique individuals.

give you the ability to change colors of spell effects, the animation of the effects. or actually change things like a fireball to an acid ball or some such. it wouldn't change the damage it causes, but would make it possible to be fairly unique within the game.

What's those health frames? they look better than xPerl's

OT:
    In Mists of Pandaria, we plan to be able to continue to support a wide variety of raiding styles. And, from one player to another, if you’re eager for raid zones with an “epic” feel, you’re going to really enjoy some of the stuff we have in store. We’ll have some further details on that front coming up in the near future, but know that we really do appreciate your passion for the game and your continued feedback. We are listening.
    **3 Am is not always the best time to put ideas in text, stuff might sound wierd as english is not my native language.**

WTB more H-Ragnaros-like Heroic only phases. It gives more motivation to push to see the end of it. Maybe not Rag's level of complexity at each boss, but something more than just "another add on Yor'shaj's same fight", tough it makes the absorbed-adds phase really challenging. I'd like so see more changes than that. ie. Compared to Normal Morchok, HMorchok is a nice change.

Also I'd like to see more of a difference between LFR and Normal mode. I'd like to think of LFR more like a trailer to the real deal than just an idiot-proof version. ie. : compared to LFR Morchok, Normal Morchok is the same thing with bigger numbers, meh.

Gating content for LFR is also something i'd like to see. People would gear up slower, raiders would not have to run the whole thing just to get tier 4p set bonuses with lower iLvl. I know, "Fall of DW was not avilable the 1st week, derp" But since week 2 everyone with random loot in their bags can go headbutt DW to death even if they just jump in the maelstrom at the start of the fight (truestory.jpg). Unlocking 2 bosses a week if you have only 8 bosses would be a little help to slow down the burned-out feeling every raider is already feeling, or will feel as we approach MoP Beta.

We had a year of ICC, but we did not see Arthas on week 2. Now we have still quite a few months of Dragon soul to do but he's dead since week 2 and there's less bosses to get to him. People not wanting to dedicate the necessary time for heroic modes are already out of content to do. I understand Blizzard wants raids to be seen by more of the player base, hence LFR. But even normal DS is really easy for the most part, Ultraxion being sort of a gear check.

TL;DR : Blizz need to make it more interesting to progress to higher difficulties by adding DISTINCTIVE stuff in each boss/difficulty if they want to have less-but-better bosses like they wanted for FL/DS.

Deleted
    I HOPE wer can get it.