Awesome interview with Ree Soesbee + more

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guil...w-ree-soesbee/

It's available for free on itunes however you can read it instead if you rather, also plenty of other free GW2 audio stuff on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fantastic, because as it turns out I've been a fan of Ree's for several years without even realizing it. I played the L5R RPG - didn't realize she wrote material for it, and that she wrote some of the novels. I played the Warlord CCG back in the day - didn't realize she had created it. For some reason her name just didn't stick in my mind... But now, knowing more about the team that's creating GW2, I have to say I have even more faith in their abilities. This is a great interview and I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before now. Thanks!

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 06:33 AM ----------

I also love her comments about how they want to foster this element of horror and mystery about some things in the game, like with the lore surrounding "Bubbles" - they're focusing on Zhaitan as the primary antagonist at the moment, but there are still other baddies out there, and you'll get little glimpses of their influence throughout the game, without having everything revealed up front. The potential for exploration, discovery, and the idea that you won't always know what you're up against... that excites me. That sense of something unknown and menacing just around the corner, a horror always in your peripheral awareness but that you can't turn to face head-on, is very Lovecraftian, and I'm glad that they're including elements of that atmosphere in their game content and lore, even if it's not the primary thematic element.

10+ Year Old Account
    That comment about collectable lore books in game excites me. Those kinds of things are my bane in games like the Elder Scrolls.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    That comment about collectable lore books in game excites me. Those kinds of things are my bane in games like the Elder Scrolls.
    I hope they aren't at numerous asbteg are in skyrim. After the first few hours I just began going through books for skill ups. I am beginning to see Wolf Queen vX in my dreams.

Hm, I think this was posted before. Twice, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm, I think this was posted before. Twice, I think.
    and this probably won't be the last time.

That said, it's a great interview, and is available in audio form too, which is awesome.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    and this probably won't be the last time.

That said, it's a great interview, and is available in audio form too, which is awesome.
    Which helps support the "less reading more doing!" idea. =D
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    It was just as bad in WAR with me. I LOVED to get those collectibles with story/Lore tied to them.

Tome of Knowledge was awesome. I miss WAR a lot. Mythic really improved a lot about the game, but too little too late. :/

OT: Yea, you're right Mif. I think this interview was buried in another thread. So maybe got less spotlight at the time.