Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

save the world in one step

simple game. which one change will save the world and why.

for me, i think mandatory mushrooms. every person should get a handful of mushies for thier 18th birthday, and they'd have to eat them.

benefits? empathy, tolerance, respect for nature on every level, and maybe the ultimate goal, the ability to think independantly. all from an early age

Please guys, let's keep it clean and keep politics bashing, nation bashing, and religion out of it.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2012-02-09 at 12:23 AM.
    somebody call for d doctor?

I don't think a drug trip is gonna make everyone like each other more.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    simple game. which one change will save the world and why.

for me, i think mandatory mushrooms. every person should get a handful of mushies for thier 18th birthday, and they'd have to eat them.

benefits? empathy, tolerance, respect for nature on every level, and maybe the ultimate goal, the ability to think independantly. all from an early age
    How does eating mushrooms give anyone empathy, tolerance, respect for nature, and independent thinking? Are you speaking from experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    fucking terrible idea,

mushrooms won't do a damn thing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to agree with Bender on this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYmYbkdHCBE

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    How does eating mushrooms give anyone empathy, tolerance, respect for nature, and independent thinking? Are you speaking from experience?
    of course.

and you guys would be ideal first candidates

Yeah right. I know a ton of douchebags who take mushrooms regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another druggie trying to rationalize doing drugs.

not trying to rationalise my hobby, just trying to find out how people would go about making the world a better place.

i'd still argue mushies over nukes though, for two reasons.

1. cheaper
    2. nothing to clean up afterwards
    Last edited by bobo333; 2012-02-08 at 05:54 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly, I think it would be getting rid of the "R-word" which we should refrain from discussing on here. Or perhaps I should say, one thing that would make the world a better please, almost overnight, would be if people started living as if this is the only life we all have and interacted with others with that idea in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    of course.

and you guys would be ideal first candidates
    Your trip =! other people's trip.

You are really naive.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

One step to save the world? Hmmm...

Make abortion both mandatory and retroactive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inform Muslims, Christians and the Jewish community that all of their gods are one in the same.

There is no one thing that would work.

The best I can come up with is for people to share their experiences. Let racists live for a day as a minority, let bigots live for a day as a gay, let the rich be poor, and let the vainglorious know real pain, a thousand nine-elevens on the kids from jersey shore. People often do crazy things because they never begin to fathom what it is like for someone on the other side.

Let them lose what you have lost, let them make the same sacrifices you have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    Inform Muslims, Christians and the Jewish community that all of their gods are one in the same.
    And then inform them that this is just your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very simple.

Everyone, all around the world, all at once, /wrist at the same time. Voila, world saved.

Oh, were talking about saving HUMANITY? Because that's not the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Actually it's not, they believe essentially in the same god, just everything else around that belief is different, but it's still the same guy compared to say Buddha or Ra.

Save the world in 1 step? Easy, get rid of all the people on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    This sounds good.
    If I could understand how your infantile brain functions I might just be able to fix the worlds problems alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Actually, going by your logic, that forms quite the conundrum.

All three of those religions are considered monotheistic; I.E. they believe in ONE god. If, by your logic, they all believed that they worshiped a specific god, but the other two religions worshiped a different god, that would make them polytheistic religions. I don't think you want to tell a Christian that he's a Pagan :-)

Also, Judaism, far as I know, is an offshoot of sorts from Christianity. As well, the general Muslim AND Islam beliefs hold that all religions worship the same god, they just chose to view him differently and give him a different name. Christianity is the only mainstream religion that is selfish enough to think their god is the ONLY god, and is different from all the other heathen religions :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.