Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you do IRL?

Here on mmo-champ are a very diverse group of individuals who all share a common love for gaming. So I was wondering, what do you do in real life? I know I've seen people post saying they were lawyers, doctors, and military folk. I myself work at a Low level radioactive waste disposal facility as a health pysics tech. Keeping the people and enviroment safe from all the bad nuclear waste(guess its fitting my main is a resto sham). We need the reactors for electricity, but as a side effect from that process, waste is generated. It must be dealt with, that where we come in.

So I ask,
    What do you do?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbred View Post
    Here on mmo-champ are a very diverse group of individuals who all share a common love for gaming. So I was wondering, what do you do in real life? I know I've seen people post saying they were lawyers, doctors, and military folk. I myself work at a Low level radioactive waste disposal facility as a health pysics tech. Keeping the people and enviroment safe from all the bad nuclear waste(guess its fitting my main is a resto sham). We need the reactors for electricity, but as a side effect from that process, waste is generated. It must be dealt with, that where we come in.

So I ask,
    What do you do?
    Saw this and immediately pictured you as Homer Simpson. I am sorry.

I'm a private investigator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its ok, I get it all the time. Everone asks, So do you work at a Homer Simpson place or something? But the truth is I dont get a cool office with a bunch of dials and buttons like hes got. In fact I spend a lot of time outside. And I don't like coffee or doughnuts. More of a liquid diet of MT. Dew for me..

Full time sick c*nt.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehardman/mount - Dat Dere Mount Collection
    Horde Server - Blackrock US
    Alliance Server - Frostmourne US

10+ Year Old Account
    I load and unload passengers and cargo from military (or civilian aircraft serving the military) aircraft for a reserve unit. I drive fork lifts, k-loaders, staircase trucks, whatever is needed for the mission. I build and strap down pallets and rolling stock and I input information into the computer network.

Meanwhile, I am in my final semester at a collegiate training initiative school (CTI) for air traffic control, hoping to work at a TRACON or a tower within a year from now.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    i go online :\

I.T Techy & in the T.A

Deleted
    Games programmer/ Mobile Apps developer severely lacking in creative talent...

Deleted
    I'm a full time wedding and corporate function DJ, six decades of popular music squished into my tiny brain : / Pays good. Hours SUCK.

Deleted
    Translator. Hating it. New occupation incoming...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    I'm a full time wedding and corporate function DJ, six decades of popular music squished into my tiny brain : / Pays good. Hours SUCK.
    Getting married soon can you PM me your details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbred View Post

So I ask,
    What do you do?
    'beat it like it owes me money'

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Software/server support for a very small (5 people in the company including me) software company. We make software solutions for Law Enforcement and then support/maintain the servers and the software. We may be small but we have a reach that covers 39 of the 50 states. Fun job, love my bosses and my co workers.

I used to work for the government tracking missing/runaway foster children. Soul-killing. Before then I worked for the state Law Enforcement agency tracking and registering Sex Offenders and Predators.

I'm slowly regaining my faith in humanity. SLOWLY.

I poke smot! erryday!

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Translator. Hating it. New occupation incoming...
    I'm just finishing my MA in translations, I love it. I can haz your job?

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada Border Services Agency Officer...

It's like a glorified American TSA job, only with better benefits and more shiny guns.

i make high end furniture, mostly period with some contemporary thrown in

Quote Originally Posted by Astounded View Post
    Saw this and immediately pictured you as Homer Simpson. I am sorry.
    quoted for truth

I'm the IT Coordinator (which is a fancy way of saying I'm the only full-time IT employee) for a small bank. I'm in charge of and responsible for anything IT related, including Internet Banking services, for the main office and all four of our branches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work for a family owned medical equipment company as a day job.
    In my spare time I also: Fix PCs
    Build PCs
    Modify Vehicles to give them handicap access
    Personal Trainer
    LIGHT amount of Gunsmithing
    Basic Carpentry (build decks, pergollas, sheds)
    those are my side jobs from time to time for extra $$$
    Survival is Key