Deleted

10+ Year Old Account

I haven't seen it around here, but it's bethesda's game studios which made some additions

Skyrim, game of the year, every year!
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post

I haven't seen it around here, but it's bethesda's game studios which made some additions

Shoot, when are those coming out???

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    But for how long.
    HA! Not long. It has already been removed from Steam Workshop.

However, it's still on my system, I just had to go back in and reenable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    Shoot, when are those coming out???
    Omg yeah, I want like... all of those. 'Cept the adoption, I don't need annoying kids asking me for allowance. Though that would be better than having my own kids, who would be a bit... odd... as in, half Dunmer, half Nord, Dovahkiin juniors, Fus Ro Dah'ing all of my carefully placed items in my house and stealing my stores of materials and weapons. That means there's a good chance I take an arrow to the knee when I walk in the door.

I lmfao'd at the giant mudcrab.

Quote Originally Posted by oGjCo View Post
    <terrible video>
    So, we get a mega-epic battle between Dwemer and Undead armies, awesome things Bethesda messed around with in the game... and then this crap? I want 1 minute and 34 seconds of my life back. Was that supposed to be funny or something?
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-02-09 at 05:56 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Um... wow.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if they're coming out or not, as they didn't have much time to develop all of those, they're probably bug-ridden and knowing Bethesda they're not going to release something that's unplayable, it may come as a DLC bundle, not sure yet I know I'd gladly pay for quality content like that.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I'm not sure if they're coming out or not, as they didn't have much time to develop all of those, they're probably bug-ridden and knowing Bethesda they're not going to release something that's unplayable, it may come as a DLC bundle, not sure yet I know I'd gladly pay for quality content like that.
    Knowing Bethesda, only the interesting stuff will be bug-riddled. Like Blood on the Ice, e.g.^^
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Anyone has found any sorts of mods that deal with the level scaling in any manner yet?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I hope they'll have DLC or free DLC that'll pretty much be all of the best PC mods and those ones from the video for the consoles as well.

I didn't think the PS3 and 360 were so absurdly weak that they lose framerates on the simplest of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    If you have the Beta version of Steam, it should be on your Skyrim page. If not, try mods.elderscrolls.com.
    Not a fan of the Workshop. Going to continue using the Nexus. Still could use some help with the mod I'm making >.>

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even play the game cause of some clipping issues, and there is no way I am downloading the game again through Steam to reinstall it. What a waste of 40 dollars. I can understand why people pirate games, it's the second game Bethesda has released with some sort of problems that have yet to be fixed. Can't even get off the cart at the start of the game without the characters all getting jammed inside the cart, even with the tcl command it doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account

I was just about to post this...

Some of this stuff looks AMAZING
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I can't even play the game cause of some clipping issues, and there is no way I am downloading the game again through Steam to reinstall it. What a waste of 40 dollars. I can understand why people pirate games, it's the second game Bethesda has released with some sort of problems that have yet to be fixed. Can't even get off the cart at the start of the game without the characters all getting jammed inside the cart, even with the tcl command it doesn't work.
    Sounds like you have a problem with your computer. I've not heard of anyone else having that problem, at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Why is Skyrim so popular?

After hearing so much praise about Skyrim and how great it is, I decided to get it on Steam when it was on sale for $60. Since then (1.5 months ago) I have racked up 15 hours of play time on it, a LOT of that spent AFK. It simply doesn't seem very good to me, one of the big things being CONSTANTLY having to pause the game to open your bags or spells. After a while I figured out how to keybind, but the keybinding system is extremely annoying too (why can't I choose a key AND what hand it goes on?!?!). Overall I would give the game a 7/10, it is certainly a big game but also very frustrating, I would much rather play something like Orcs Must Die!, something I paid 1/20 of the price for.

My question is, what makes Skyrim so popular? Why is it praised with so much good reviews? I can't bring myself to play for more than 30 minutes at a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just not your type of game. It's popular because it's the type of game for a crap ton of people. Good graphics, fun things to do in your free time, and on the PC, some pretty hilarious mods add to the fun. For the consoles, it's one of the greatest RPGs of the next gen. Just let it be popular, if it's not your type, that is ok. It will soon die out, if it didnt already, I see more post these days about wondering why it's popular or bashing on it because it's not their time of game than I do seeing people boast about how great it is. Before all of that, it was super popular because of the trailer that is spoofed more than the Inception trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    So I haven't been playing for a like a week or two, but heard about the Creation Kit coming out. So today I went to the Steam Workshop and checked out some of the mods people have been releasing, and subscribed to s few of them. I go to launch and play Skyrim and I get an error about my version not being supported.

Anyone know where I can find the patches??
    Yeah not listing your system specs and driver dates are really going to help you here.

On another note, found a new video from someone I've been subscribed to for ages, it's related to Skyrim to some degree (fits theme, content is from skyrim in the start and in the end of the video.)

Personally I love the lyrics :D

Ispamx, Skyrim is a game you're gonna want to spend lots of hours dumping in, if you're not the kind of person taking your time doing what you want and got lots of freetime to play it then it's probably not for you. I do sit in your position sometimes and think "What now?" and just quit, but that happens with every game and me :o)
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-02-10 at 06:32 AM.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    After hearing so much praise about Skyrim and how great it is, I decided to get it on Steam when it was on sale for $60. Since then (1.5 months ago) I have racked up 15 hours of play time on it, a LOT of that spent AFK. It simply doesn't seem very good to me, one of the big things being CONSTANTLY having to pause the game to open your bags or spells. After a while I figured out how to keybind, but the keybinding system is extremely annoying too (why can't I choose a key AND what hand it goes on?!?!). Overall I would give the game a 7/10, it is certainly a big game but also very frustrating, I would much rather play something like Orcs Must Die!, something I paid 1/20 of the price for.

My question is, what makes Skyrim so popular? Why is it praised with so much good reviews? I can't bring myself to play for more than 30 minutes at a time.
    Because fanboys shout down all the naysayers, basically.

The Elder Scrolls games appeal to a certain type of gamer and usually turn off most everyone else. I can enjoy them, but there are definitely games I would much rather be playing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post

What? You spend time AFK in a single-player game?! What the fuck does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    What? You spend time AFK in a single-player game?! What the fuck does that even mean?
    That I spend the time in the game that counts towards the time played away from my keyboard?