Deleted

Pre Pull Macro and chalice

I Use 3 trinkets per fight. Chalice, Normal WoU and LFR CoC and i equipp chalice and woul and when the tank is counting down i use the chalice and then i use my macro for popping meta and /equipping CoC therefore i get the chalice buff on my meta but is there anyone know if my doomguard gets the mastery since i know for sure my meta gets it. ? Since when i do that macro my mastery on my char screen is going down to my non chalice mastery? And does anyone else use this?

And does anyone know how u do dbm-pull macro? Since i want to give it to the tanks in my guild since it makes this easier for me

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    I Use 3 trinkets per fight. Chalice, Normal WoU and LFR CoC and i equipp chalice and woul and when the tank is counting down i use the chalice and then i use my macro for popping meta and /equipping CoC therefore i get the chalice buff on my meta but is there anyone know if my doomguard gets the mastery since i know for sure my meta gets it. ? Since when i do that macro my mastery on my char screen is going down to my non chalice mastery? And does anyone else use this?

And does anyone know how u do dbm-pull macro? Since i want to give it to the tanks in my guild since it makes this easier for me
    Once you switch trinkets the buff disappears. Summoning Meta/DG pre-pull with chalice buff would work, but pretty sure that's a big dps loss regardless.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    How can it be a dps loss since my first meta would be so much buffed?
    fair enough i would loose like 2 secs or something of my meta but would i still loose out on dps?

If you summon the doomguard before you unequip the trinket, he'll get the mastery, though I'm not sure how beneficial that is compared to lining him up with Power Torrent, Lightweave and some WoU stacks as well as not losing a few seconds worth of casting.

The DBM pull timer is activated by the command "/dbm pull #", where # is the amount of seconds until you wish to pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    If you summon the doomguard before you unequip the trinket, he'll get the mastery, though I'm not sure how beneficial that is compared to lining him up with Power Torrent, Lightweave and some WoU stacks as well as not losing a few seconds worth of casting.

The DBM pull timer is activated by the command "/dbm pull #", where # is the amount of seconds until you wish to pull.
    so he just makes /dbm pull 10 if he wants it to be 10? and idk tbh about the benefitial of popping it outside or not. Thats why i asked if someone knew it

Deleted
    The idea is interesting, but I'd like to note a few things:

1. I would keep WoU out, not CoC, since CoC might trigger an internal cooldown when you equip it. I'm sure WoU does not trigger anything and starts stacking intel the first second you equip it and cast something. Also, in case you use doomguard before pull, it will benefit from the passive intel of CoC too, which is more than a 0 stacked WoU. More on the DG below.

2. Using the meta 1 second before pull with chalice sure is a dps increase, because meta only snapshots mastery. All your other procs (intel, spell power, haste, etc) will benefit your spells even if they proc / you use them later on during meta. And if I remember correctly, MWC is around 20% more dmg during meta.

3. As far as summoning doomguard before pull, I'm not sure if it's a dps increase or not, because doomguard snapshots all your stats, not just mastery, so it will not benefit from buffs you get after the fight starts. Considering your trinkets after the fight starts (CoC and WoU), none of them have any insane proc that affects DG. So then the buffs the DG would get if u used him after the fight starts are:

- Power Torrent, a few stacks of WoU (saying a few stacks because you want to summon DG before other procs expire, and it can happen that WoU is not stacked to full yet), Lightweave and perhaps Synapse Springs and potion.
    - MWC (which should equal to around 20% dmg for the doomguard) + potion is what doomguard would benefit from if you'd cast him before fight. You also win a global cooldown which you can use for something else during meta.

So my opinion is that doomguard used before pull should be a dps increase, considering you don't use proc trinkets like insignia, or DMC, or an active trinket like Bottled Wishes, etc. It sure is a dps increase if you dont have tailoring and engineering, because in that case it's the MWC 20% dmg + 1GCD vs PT + close-to-ten WoU stacks (again, DG would benefit from potion either way).
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2012-02-10 at 10:10 AM.

Now you got me curious. If I ever get a Heroic Cunning I'll try it out, but for now I'm still rocking MWC. Maybe I'll pick up a Insignia.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    fair enough i would loose like 2 secs or something of my meta but would i still loose out on dps?
    Well, I didn't calculate it through at all, but depending on how many seconds you lose of meta it might not be worth it. I haven't been demo since Firelands, so I'm not the most reliable source.

/dbm pull xx

/dbm pull 10 - will start a 10 seconds countdown.

/dbm break xx - another nice dbm tool, just in case you didn't know that one.

Edit: as a cute soul above me mentioned, equipping CoC and using doomguard with the chalice buff would be a wicked benefit as well.
    Last edited by mmocfecbd8d6a4; 2012-02-11 at 12:06 AM.

I think it would be a dps Loss, since none of your other procs would be up, Your Power torrent, tailoring back Enchant, Pre Pot, and ~5-6 Stacks of will of Unbinding wont be up,