Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

I don't agree with all of his statements, but it's ok to watch nontheless. It seems that the speaker has never heard of professions that do have more than 15 skills (e.g. elementalist, engineer, ranger, skill-chains, etc. etc.). And the trait-part, I'm confident that they will design it better than he described it here.
    The way he described Traits were in the old model. They've been revised since then, probably for the reasons he stated. What that revision is however, we've yet to see.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    a lot of people see the 10slot skillbar and think they won't have a lot of variety in GW2. Guildwars Insider made a nice video which clarifies this one, take a look:

I don't agree with all of his statements, but it's ok to watch nontheless. It seems that the speaker has never heard of professions that do have more than 15 skills (e.g. elementalist, engineer, ranger, skill-chains, etc. etc.). And the trait-part, I'm confident that they will design it better than he described it here.
    That is fine really. I think the video is aimed at the laymen. It covers the basics of what are needed to know. I am hoping for more quality videos to be out once the friggin NDA drops and we get updated info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That is fine really. I think the video is aimed at the laymen. It covers the basics of what are needed to know. I am hoping for more quality videos to be out once the friggin NDA drops and we get updated info.
    Only 1 more week~!!!
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Projectiles hit objects. Players are actually objects, so you can't hit someone with a projectile, who hides behind an other hostile player. This is huge imho. It hasn't anything to do with numbers either. You can actually help your friends who get bombarded by an enemy ranger by standing in front of them. I would call this "ranged tanking"... even if there are no dedicated tanks in the system any more.
    This intrigued me. Does this mean that ranged classes are FPS based and have to actually aim to hit all their abilities? If not, it would seem unfair for melee to have to aim their abilities and not ranged. Maybe I'm completely wrong on both accounts? Some clarification is needed.
    LOLINFRACTED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    This intrigued me. Does this mean that ranged classes are FPS based and have to actually aim to hit all their abilities? If not, it would seem unfair for melee to have to aim their abilities and not ranged. Maybe I'm completely wrong on both accounts? Some clarification is needed.
    You target mobs like you do in WoW, or any other MMO. You don't aim.

That being said, projectiles probably will work like they did in GW1. When you fire a projectile it automatically compensates for enemy movement if the enemy continues to move in a constant direction left or right. Changing direction during projectile flight will then make the projectile miss you (It's a very small window, projectiles are very fast, unlike in WoW. A good example is a shadow bolt from WoW travels really slow.)(I'm not 100% sure if this is how it works, but it makes sense in my mind for it to be this way.)

As for that being unfair to melee, melee have to be in range to hit with their melee weapons. Unlike in WoW where you can spam your attacks with long cool downs until you hit them; Guild Wars 2 skills will go off, whether you're in range of your target or not. So you have to be sure that your enemy is in front of you and in range when you use that attack with a 20 second cool down or it's just going to be wasted.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-02-14 at 01:57 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

updated the first post with this:

nothing new, but it belongs here ^^