The problem with Guru is they are a fan site and a middle man. Checking out some tentative patch notes on Guru or clear line of communication from the devs on a some fansite is the opposite of good.

Really, I can't say it enough- it's 2012. It's the internet. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    What are you talking about? I didn't say what the user said was fine. People have different oppions, If that person wants to rant and say ridiculous stuff then let him get banned. A whole site shouldn't be judged because a few people said some random stuff.

Personally when i see something like that i just move along.
    That person was a moderator, he can't get banned.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-14 at 12:32 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Excuse me? He/she could still be removed from being a moderator. Also Instead of judging someone on there reading skills why don't you simply requote what i might of missed.
    But he won't, that's the point.

You can't read emotions on the internet, nobody can. I am not trying to start a fight. My point is Guru has a history of un-fair moderation. That mod isn't being removed.

If you decided to read the first sentence of someones paragraph post and make a post off that, im sorry I can't teach you to read.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-14 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question about GW1.

I've been doing the main story, I'm on the last leg of the EotN and I haven't touched any other campaign other than A little of factions (because I made an Assassin) and the first part of Nightfall (for some hero skills).

At a certain point during my hunt for hero skills in Nightfall, I remembered seeing skill packs in the GW1 cash shop. It was going to take a while to get the PvX builds for my 7 heroes, and even longer to cap the elite skills. So I checked out the Cash Shop.

Here is my question.
    Are the skill packs worth it. Yes, plural, is it worth buying all of the skill packs (about 50~usd) for my heroes rather than spending the time to obtain hero skill points and finding the hero skill trainers/making another toon to unlock and cap skills?
    And while I'm at it, what about the pet pack? Do those count towards HoM?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post

I've been doing the main story, I'm on the last leg of the EotN and I haven't touched any other campaign other than A little of factions (because I made an Assassin) and the first part of Nightfall (for some hero skills).

At a certain point during my hunt for hero skills in Nightfall, I remembered seeing skill packs in the GW1 cash shop. It was going to take a while to get the PvX builds for my 7 heroes, and even longer to cap the elite skills. So I checked out the Cash Shop.

Here is my question.
    Are the skill packs worth it. Yes, plural, is it worth buying all of the skill packs (about 50~usd) for my heroes rather than spending the time to obtain hero skill points and finding the hero skill trainers/making another toon to unlock and cap skills?
    It's worth it if you feel like spending the money. Pet's count towards HoM.

The sad thing about the skill packs as your main character has to buy the skills from the skill trainer unlike your hero's

I specifically almost completed nightfall with just nightfall skills, same with eotn. I bought factions skill pack so I can do the Necro healer (makes life easier). TBH it's difficult without the skills.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-14 at 12:48 AM.

Here is my question.
    Depends on how much you value your free time vs. that $50. If you feel you won't grind all the skills/upgrade out in-game at a pace that keeps the game enjoyable for you- go ahead and buy the packs.

Provided the $50 is something you can afford, natch.

Def. worth it considering GW1 is long in the tooth at this point. How much are you really gonna invest in GW1 vs. using those skills in the here & now? That's what you should ask yourself.

It depends if you plan on changing the layout of your Heroes often? Guild WArs 2 is probably 3+ months away so i wouldn't worry about rushing. I'd spend a few hours getting your heroes Skills and of course there elites.
    However that cost more in game money then a new player can afford. At a certain point each new skill cost 1p. HoM can get pretty expensive itself so saving money would be the best (I went threw half of nightfall with 5 armor gear).

Other then that what fencer said.

I forgot the game is expensive for new players. After you played the game for years you accumulate more gold and ecto than you can even spend. I sent like hundreds of plat to alts or friends at times and it's like meh after 3 xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I forgot the game is expensive for new players. After you played the game for years you accumulate more gold and ecto than you can even spend. I sent like hundreds of plat to alts or friends at times and it's like meh after 3 xpacks.

I have 300 gold

/cry

/throws computer out the window

I have 300 gold

/cry

/throws computer out the window
    You don't do UW or the elite missions? So much gold. At one point you could make builds and farm ecto like corn in Nebraska.

Edit: I feel like a jerk I always try to help people but I forget to log on to GW1 and sleep most of the day. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You don't do UW or the elite missions? So much gold. At one point you could make builds and farm ecto like corn in Nebraska.

Edit: I feel like a jerk I always try to help people but I forget to log on to GW1 and sleep most of the day. :s
    I DONT KNOW WHAT THOSE ARE.

Oh, I beat eotn and just working on factions. I only got 2 missions left in nightfall. However the lack of skills for my hero's is hindering me.

UW = Underworld. It's a big dungeon more or less. Elite missions or areas could be places like Slavers Exile or Domain of Anguish. In Factions there is one called The Deep. Anyway, completing them will net some nice cash plus the drops and crafting mats. Vanquishing (clearing zones in hardmode) is also nice for cash. Running people to places like Droknar's Forge used to be nice way get some money as well, not sure if that still happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    UW = Underworld. It's a big dungeon more or less. Elite missions or areas could be places like Slavers Exile or Domain of Anguish. In Factions there is one called The Deep. Anyway, completing them will net some nice cash plus the drops and crafting mats. Vanquishing (clearing zones in hardmode) is also nice for cash. Running people to places like Droknar's Forge used to be nice way get some money as well, not sure if that still happens.
    Mmm I never noticed elite missions. I want to finish it, but the time it took to get the shiro was long and boring and then he transfered my hexes and whiped me out after I killed the lich (my party was full health too).

In other words im lazy :P

And I don't have any warrior skills (I have been using warrior henchman )

Omg i hated that fight until i tried mesway and discord. Been awhile i don't know if people still use those builds but having a mesmer that uses disrupts is like Easy mode.
    Except his .1 second casts.

I had pain inverter whenever I did that fight. Made it rather easy. Are you getting killed when shiro uses Impossible Odds?

Do you have any blind skills (i.e. Blinding Flash)? That works really well against him too.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-02-14 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So its ok to label people on a online forum as pedophiles for liking a cutesy small race?

Guess that means liking female asura makes you a pedophile too.

I guess liking a full grown women with breast makes people a pervert too?
    Liking a cutesy small race isn't a problem.It's cutesy small races with skimpy outfits that hits a nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Liking a cutesy small race isn't a problem.It's cutesy small races with skimpy outfits that hits a nerve.
    American version is censored, thats Korean version. Just because their short and cute though doesn't mean they are children also.

Deleted

Here is my question.
    Pet pack doesn't give you prestige pets, so to get these for hom you would have to get them in game. These are rather easy to get and if you can you can finish all campaigns (which you should for hom anyways), then even getting black widow spider wont be problem for you from UW.

Don't see why you would make another char to unlock and cap skills (unless you meant save some gold by making alt to train at skill trainer starting areas until you hit 1k per skill or some quests on pre-searing). Everything you unlock on your current main is unlocked for your heroes on all your alts. You can just change your secondary profession and visit trainers and train these skills or go cap elites for it. Hero skill trainers are there so new players don't have to spend all their gold training skills for their heroes. Here is all NF hero skill trainers http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_...skill_trainers and here is EOTN http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_...skill_trainers

Another way you can unlock some skills are skill quests http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_skill_quests. Like you can unlock few skills in pre-searing quite fast with those quests by making alts there and only doing skills quests there.

As for if it's worth of it buying skill pack. There is over 1000 skills in game even that you only use fraction of those skills, but having those available to you can speed up your progress a lot. If your goal is fill your hom fast as possible, I would say yes it is, else just get mercs (get both if you want to sleep while heroes/mercs fill up your hom for you).
    Last edited by mmoca7d06c4104; 2012-02-14 at 02:59 AM.

woot, beat nightfall. 2 to go.

Yea, but no. Guildcast is terrible. Turned it off after 5 mins. Terrible, terrible.