... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 console version confirmed

as title says, here is a link

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02...ion-confirmed/

what do you guys think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they keep the PC and console servers separate it doesn't worry me.

PC master race!

Seriously though, I'm curious as to how this will work out. With all of the hotkeys that people on PC will have to learn and map, I'm curious as to how people on console will be able to manage. I love going crazy with my keybinds, and I feel like I would be gimped on console. I guess it would be fine if you were just going for casual play, but I honestly can't see the console version being as effective on a competitive level. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yes, please.

Deleted
    I think there will be a lot elitist PC gamers doomsaying this.

Either way, I don't think GW2 is the kind of game I'd prefer to play with console environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird. I thought they axed the idea early in development. And the needs of a console MMO are very different from the needs of a PC MMO. Communication is very different on consoles, since you don't have a keyboard by default. Also, I've tried (as a mental exercise) to map all the moves a character could have in GW2 to a PS3 controller, and it's not very ergonomic.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I kind of like this idea, I am probably the exception though. I will most likely get it on PC but I have friends who would prefer console games because of carpal tunnel making it difficult to use mouse and keyboard.

Also GW2 on Kinect with arm flailing dragon hunting? I would go buy a xbox in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'm not going to take this very seriously until I actually hear it from ArenaNet, and not from NCsoft's accountants.

Deleted
    That's... interesting. 0_o

that^ And let me point out that it is NOT confirmed. Thats just people fishing for more info, they said "So once again, nothing has been finalized yet for me to make specific comments now.” Its just still speculation.

Also, I'm not going to take this very seriously until I actually hear it from ArenaNet, and not from NCsoft's accountants.
    What MIF said, I have to take this with a significant grain of salt until Word of God confirms it. It seems very anti ArenaNet as a whole. Generally speaking console MMORPG's have been pretty lackluster (I'm looking at you DC Universe!) and I would certainly favor playing it on my PC (or Apple). It would certainly hammer home how serious they are about creating an action oriented MMO as I don't think the average console gamer would tolerate a large amount of text writing and responding - guilds would likely take a backseat. Anyway, that's just my 2c.

Deleted
    Yeah, because NC Soft has absolutely nothing to do with GW2 and they probably just came up with that cause they were bored. /irony off

As for the console version. I don't really care as long as neither one of them has advantages/disadvantages towards gameplay.

Fantastic news!

Seriously why not? MMO moving into the console market is an interesting development. Im glad for the console gamers that they too can enjoy GW2.
    But, they should absolutely keep the PC and Console servers firmly seperated. They are simply not compatible, a PC has a clear advantage and that could ruin the game for eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    But, they should absolutely keep the PC and Console servers firmly seperated. They are simply not compatible
    I really don't want to play a social game with someone who doesn't even have a keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to play it on PS3, but in my experience, consoles lag a lot more than PCs.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    PC port to console... this'll be interesting to see how it works... if it is indeed true.

And idk why there is a war between PC and consoles... (okay, I know 'why' I just thin its very stupid). If we want non-gamers to take us more seriously, and not paint our selves into a corner with niche's, we need to quit bashing the other side.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want to play a social game with someone who doesn't even have a keyboard.
    Both Xbox 360 and PS3 have USB ports.

Deleted
    I'm really curious where all the skills, dodge, weapon swapping etc etc go on a console controller.. Not to mention stuff like chat and character panels.
    I can't imagine it being anything like the PC version (IF this is gets confirmed by Arenanet)

Deleted
    Personally I wouldn't have anything against moving in game voice chat as the primary means of communication in mmos. Still, I'd see it more beneficial to just have separate servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Both Xbox 360 and PS3 have USB ports.
    What matters is if a keyboard is mandatory or not.